Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Computer Talk: Windows home premium 7

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 4, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

February 25, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8393050

hi everyone ...after years of using XP I now have a new computer that is Windows Home Premium 7 (64bit) and am feeling my way around it.
I am not happy with the Crop thingy,
being a bit late to computers I don't really understand complicated stuff.
I am very happy with this computer except for that.
Can anyone recommend something that allows me to crop the pictures to my choice rather than just a downsize to a square of it's choice?
As we love our flower pics I know you will understand my frustration.
Previously I used Office picture manager to do that but I don't know if that is now an upgrade option on this computer.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction.
Thankyou
hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
12:50 AM

Post #8393331

What program are you using to crop with ("Crop Thingy")? I don't use Office Picture Manager but I just opened the one on my laptop and the crop tool on it works fine.

A program you can use is MSPaint. It's a little clunky but it does work. In the Search Programs and Files box type in mspaint and hit return. Open your picture by browsing to it or drag the picture from a folder into mspaint. Click on Select and drag a box around the area you want to crop. Click on Crop. Click on the little icon with the down arrow in the upper left hand corner and choose save as, JPEG, and give your new cropped picture a name.

There are lots of free programs you can download as well as some good photo editing programs that don't cost a lot either. Picasa is a freebie, has some basic photo editing, and offers some free web photo storage for example. I use Photoshop Elements and you can pick it up for under $100.

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

February 26, 2011
2:44 AM

Post #8393348

Thankyou ...I will try to figure out how to use the MSpaint ...it looks scary but I will give it a go.
Thanks for your answer much appreciated. ^_^

Thumbnail by chrissy100
Click the image for an enlarged view.

hcmcdole
Powder Springs, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 26, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8393450

Good luck. The first time is always the hardest.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2011
5:50 AM

Post #8393496

I have to admit... I've never used Paint - in all the yrs having a computer. My kid uses it ... but i never got the knack of it.

I too use Adobe Products; Photoshop on my main computer, and Elements on my laptop [cant afford another copy of Photoshop]

I installed Google's Picasa for my DH on his computer. IT's a freebie, and lots of folks use it... it's pretty user friendly.

http://picasa.google.com/

There are other free photo editing software out there ... some may be more advanced than what you are looking for ... and there is always the 'learning curve' in learning the software.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America