Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Computer Talk: Anyone know HTML ??

Communities > Forums > Computer Talk
bookmark
Forum: Computer TalkReplies: 7, Views: 64
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
4:47 PM

Post #8394484

**Curses** Types a huge post and the stupid window closed...

OK, i'm adding a page to a web site i work on... all was going well, and now i notice the 'scrip' i have at the bottom of all the pages does not show up.

it's basically our Address, Copyright and 'last update'

the code is there, but it does not show up on any pages. I use FF but checked it in IE too.

here is the page i just added ... but then i went back and checked all the pages... and none of the script shows up on them either.

http://www.pioneerparkltd.com/pathways/advertizers.htm

any help would be appreciated... and i was thinking it was something simple i've just over looked when it was one page... but now that it is on all pages... maybe it's in my browser or something.

Terese

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8394579

If i go to edit it... the text shows up... but once saved, or uploaded, it does not.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Eggs_Zachtly
Washington, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8394598

There's a couple of coding errors, actually (as well as some unnecessary code).

Not related to your problem, but if you're going to have a closing "/HTML" tag, you should have an opening "HTML" tag.

More related to the issue of the missing table cell:
Try removing the "TBODY" and "/TBODY" tags, and see if that helps. They're totally unnecessary coding. All you really need to define are the "TABLE", "TR", and "TD" tags (and their respective closings, in the proper order). I removed these tags, and the page displayed correctly (minus images) in all browsers.

The "date modified" script doesn't appear to be working at all. Trying to post any kind of scripting help here is next to impossible, since the use of angle brackets in DG posts are forbidden. You still have my email addy? And, I seem to have lost you on FB somehow. If you've still got the addy, send another invite. It's possible to provide scripting help there, as angle brackets are allowed.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8394622

Eggs -- i dont remember why i used the table body [tb] tags... i did a lot of copy paste... actually, somewhere i have a template that i used to create most of the pages.

most was created when it was 'html4' and it used to all validate, but it doesnt now.

also... when i edit on my computer, and view it, the bottom code results show up. but once uploaded they dont.

>>You still have my email addy?

not sure.. i'll go into FB to see if i can find you.

If not... i'm Terese Tollick Smyth

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8394632

OH... when my kid was taking an HTML class... they were doing more of the [p /] or [br /] for the tags... not the typical open and close.. that is why i went to that.

I guess i can change it all.
Eggs_Zachtly
Washington, MO
(Zone 5b)

February 26, 2011
6:26 PM

Post #8394633

Sent you a different script to try, on FB. Just replace the appropriate text. I didn't send the opening and closing tags for the script, so make sure you leave those in place.

HTH

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8394643

yes, i did the copy paste of teh code within the script tags... still nothing, i was replying in FB.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8394668

HOLY COW... it came back on the Advertisers page... [grrr, just noticed i used a 'Z' instead of an S in advertisers. ]
i'll have to check the code on other pages... all i did was remove a set of P [open and closing] at teh bottom.

i knew it would be something stupid.

i'll also change the 'date script' in all the pages.. i think the one i used was from a class i took about 10 yrs ago.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Computer Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hotmail help Calalily 13 Jul 17, 2008 11:51 AM
Screen Capture Programs holty 16 Feb 8, 2010 2:13 AM
This 'problem' is driving me nuts! hczone6 10 Feb 11, 2014 4:24 PM
Laptop recommendations Gwendalou 10 Jul 30, 2007 10:12 PM
G Mail Invitations PudgyMudpies 43 Dec 28, 2007 12:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America