Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Home Decorating: decorating ideas

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 14, Views: 282
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
CountryLisa72
Winthrop Harbor, IL

February 27, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8395401

I have a living room/dining room combo(all one room) that is long but somewhat narrow..I have the wall color and blinds already picked out.Now I need ideas for style...Looking for new couch also..
I like simple cottage or country looks..but can be alittle elegant if I want it to be.
Here are to pic to help with the vision.

First is the blinds on the windows

Thumbnail by CountryLisa72
Click the image for an enlarged view.

CountryLisa72
Winthrop Harbor, IL

February 27, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8395429

And this is the wall color I am using-This IS Not my Home or picture

CountryLisa72
Winthrop Harbor, IL

February 27, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8395435

This is the wall color I have upstairs that I am thinking of using in the living room/dining room...

Linny1
(Linny) Salem, SC
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2011
9:30 AM

Post #8397805

Wow... seems like you are wide open for anything you like. But since you have bamboo shades or blinds, you could go with a beach theme. Your wall color is going to be a neutral when you get it up. Am I right? You are changing the gold shown in the first picture?

I have done many a room around a picture, even a greeting card.

Tell us more about what you have to work with...

Linny

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2011
9:47 PM

Post #8399183

So what exactly are you asking??? Furniture ideas? wall decor? how to decorate an entire empty room or 2? how much do you want to spend?
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

March 9, 2011
9:26 PM

Post #8417620

if you like the above style browse Ballards you'll get some great ideas.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8417622

I think she's busy decorating...haven't heard back...
Mirra66
cambridge
United Kingdom

February 14, 2014
4:42 AM

Post #9768897

The idea of a beach theme is really good. Also You could try some countryside style - maybe You could use some blacksmith products [Link deleted by admin]

arch_master

arch_master
NY
United States

March 7, 2014
8:02 AM

Post #9783866

I believe that rustic or eclectic styles will perfectly match the window blinds. But if you ask me, you'd better check some fine sources for interior design ideas, like http://houzz.com for example. Explore some photo galleries and pick the style that you like most :) Good luck, CountryLisa72 ;)
thomasn2376
Texas
USA Minor Outlying Islands

March 19, 2014
11:34 PM

Post #9793560

Wow! I really liked the mirror design. It is a nice idea to add mirror to accessorize your house.
Neva_Shawn
T0M 0N0
Canada

April 4, 2014
5:01 AM

Post #9804624

I loved the upstairs' wall color and the first thing that came to my mind is some hangings in the wall, but not the normal ones but something out from your collectibles; something old but classy. Like, something that are memories of your childhood that you think can be threaded into a hanging model type or something will really give a magic to those walls.
I have this crave for the collectible items and I guess that grew from the day I bought few things, rare and memories of old times, which was once a collectible of someone, but will definitely bring back our past, from a self-storage facility You won't believe, if you have any such places in your area should definitely check out and you will get cheap but really valuable things that you definitely crave for.
NikkiDrews
Monticello, IA

May 29, 2014
10:35 AM

Post #9852518

What did you decide to go with ? Any pics for us to look at?
Alexisana
Alachua, FL

August 21, 2014
8:33 AM

Post #9923024

I think you should go for and buy abstract paintings for your living room and some home decor items too.

If you are looking for some interesting home decor items you should visit this site: www.artemaximus.com where you will find many modern home decor items for your home.
scarletmar
New York City, NY

August 26, 2014
12:14 AM

Post #9926401

I think you should go for some wall arts,some decorative accessories with your dining table. If you are looking for some interesting home decor items you should visit this site: http://www.indianroots.com/home-living/decor

Thumbnail by scarletmar   Thumbnail by scarletmar         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

homesweet
Los Angeles
United States

September 11, 2014
4:09 AM

Post #9937744

Get more ideas on http://homesweetideas.com

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 163 Jul 31, 2007 1:21 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America