Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Wormseed: Oh.........that &(^* worm medicine.

Communities > Forums > Article: Wormseed
bookmark
Forum: Article: WormseedReplies: 6, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
scottsmom
Point Phillips , PA
(Zone 6b)

February 28, 2011
7:13 AM

Post #8397479

I remember those lines at the principal/nurses office. No privacy and you're standing there in your little tank-top undershirt. I got the same diagnoses, smallest kid in the class, must be from worms! OMG I was hoping the earth would swallow me whole. Mom gave me brown stuff also but i don't remember what it was. I only know it created the worst case of Montezuma's Revenge ever. I had to use a bucket for two days so Mom could check for the critters.
Right you are...NO WORMS! The Dr. prescribed lots of meat and wine. Mom kept a jug of port in the cellar way and I had to drink a water glass a day with supper. It didn't work, just created a real dislike for beef, (not so much the wine)!
I was still the smallest in the class all through school. My consolation??
My three boys didn't have to suffer the same fate. they're all six footers.
BeeCharmer13
Bloomington, IN

February 28, 2011
8:12 AM

Post #8397614

Another "little" girl here - began first grade at age 5 and was the smallest in my classes all through elementary school. Relatives clucked and tsked when they held my scrawny wrists and cast accusing looks at my parents -- who surely must have been starving me. Little did they know that I actually ate huge quantities of beans, potatoes and other vegetables with the occasional bit of beef, pork or chicken. I suppose I ran it all off in the great outdoors. My grandson is the same - a small but mighty 3-1/2-year-old. I am SO glad no one thought about the WORM diagnosis! I doubt I could have tolerated the stinky worm medicine!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 28, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8398507

Ahhhhhh...let's hear it for the little gallery!!

Good to know I'm not the only shrub in the forest of oaks.

And Scottsmom, my son is 6'3", my daughter is 5'10", so here I am still barely touching 5'. And BeeCharmer, my grandson is starting out just like me, but I notice at 6, he's suddenly showing signs of 'tall'!

Good to hear from both of you...I'll bet we are all healthier than those who never get outside and 'run it off in the great outdoors!'
jazzy1okc
Oklahoma City, OK

March 3, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8405637

LOL
I had my full adult growth by the time I was in sixth grade so felt like a giant all through grade school.
But my very best friend all the way through school was tiny.
Her mom and mine were best friends.
Consequently, they wormed us both at the same time every year.
It was awful, and we were miserable, but at least we had someone to commiserate with!
Jill could eat three times whatever I ate in a sitting.
And she was fast, too!
I remember her chasing down horses in the pasture.
Good stuff comes in small packages, diminutive folks!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 3, 2011
10:33 PM

Post #8405761

LOL, Jazzy!!
Thanks!
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

March 29, 2011
2:58 PM

Post #8458899

Yes, indeedy, the worm syrup was bad but what was worse as far as I was concerned was the sulphur and molasses given to you afterwards to 'clean out your system'.

That was almost enough to make you wish spring would never come. Almost.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 29, 2011
3:04 PM

Post #8458909

Actually, there was no tactful way to mention that horror, CC!!

Yuck!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wormseed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cute article LeBug 24 Feb 22, 2011 7:59 PM
Terrible medicine 3pmp 1 Feb 22, 2011 3:09 PM
wormseed a medicine, and yes, condiment! kentepoz 1 Feb 28, 2011 3:34 PM
the best dbelcher 1 Feb 28, 2011 4:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America