Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials: Spring Ephemerals in California woodlan

Communities > Forums > Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials
bookmark
Forum: Article: Early Emerging Spring PerennialsReplies: 2, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
suewylan
North Fork, CA
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2011
9:51 AM

Post #8397841

Great article! In winter here we do get sun, but few things are sprouting yet due to the cold. I'll be on the look out for new growth popping up, though...Spring is when it all happens!

For anyone interested in California gardening, I'd like to share this blog post on my favorite native plants, and a photo of the cutest Rose Globe Lily.

Spring's Ephemerals in the Sierra foothills: http://wp.me/p10S9N-w2

Sue Langley

PS: you live quite near my brother and his wife...Woodland Park. Garden of the Gods is one of their favorite photo spots.

Thumbnail by suewylan
Click the image for an enlarged view.

art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

March 18, 2011
4:54 PM

Post #8435129

Love your blog! Good for you, keeping such up to date notes and beautiful pictures.

Very cool place Woodland Park is. My husband tries to convince me to move there ever so often. I couldn't do it though...the winters are colder and longer there and there's too many critters to eat my plants!
suewylan
North Fork, CA
(Zone 7b)

March 19, 2011
7:40 PM

Post #8437335

Thanks!
The Springs are a great jumping off point for so many interesting places. My brother has taken us to Cripple Creek, Fairplay, Breckenridge and of course G of G and Pike's Peak. You live in such a beautiful state!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Early Emerging Spring Perennials Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
time to look! carrielamont 8 Feb 23, 2011 2:06 PM
Useful List for the Zone 6 Gardens! tabasco 0 Apr 2, 2009 3:26 PM
zone 3 still under snow but- CLScott 6 May 24, 2011 5:07 AM
April oldgal67 1 Mar 18, 2011 4:57 PM
Here in zone 5 pastapicker 0 Feb 11, 2013 9:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America