Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

CLOSED: Running list of upcoming SWAPS - The New Era- Page 2

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1120631/

IF YOU ARE A HOST OR WOULD LIKE TO BE ONE, AND WOULD LIKE YOUR SWAP LISTED HERE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW...I went through and did a quick search of swaps, but will post at the request of the Hostesses themselves :)

This is the link to SI Likes and Dislikes for future swaps. Feel free to add yours or update your old one:

Birthday Club(rvnsbrk/Juanita)-ALWAYS OPEN-

My Neck of The Woods- FruitOfTheVine (Susan) CLOSED

Fall Houseplants/Tropicals- FruitOfTheVine (Fruity) CLOSED
There's a chat/interest thread open right now, so head on over!

Thanksgiving Swap- Froggiesgirl (Julie) CLOSED
An interest thread is open, so please go check it out..sounds like it'll be another great swap!

Christmas Swap- FruitOfTheVine (Her Fruitness) CLOSED
This is now open and taking names until November 6th..she's changed it a little this year and it's going to be fun! You'll decide on two different 'categories' of what you want to receive and your buddy will fine tune it from there. I'm already signed up lol .. so come over and join us!

5th Annual DG Christmas Craft Workshop- Bettypauze (Betty)
If you've always wanted to be crafty, this is the spot for you! It is NOT a swap- you keep what you make. Betty does all the hard work of making the pattern, cutting the wood and mailing it all out! You get the fun of adding your own personal touches and Betty is ALWAYS available to give directions, hints and kudos to everyone who participates :) Signup till November 23rd, so hurry on over!

This message was edited Nov 7, 2011 6:11 PM

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell
(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Me first ^_^

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

I like the idea of the dishtowel and sock swap!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

If anybody opens a sock swap, I'm in.

pagardener61 has a perennial swap that's still open as far as I know. She's looking for a small group, already has eight participants, and may take more:

And here's the latest thread for the Houseplants / Tropicals swap: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1161800/
I'm not going to send D-mail reminders so it's up to you to post if you're still in.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

well here is one for the easter bunny hop

I've added it at the top :)

Hi Robin can you Put This up in your running list This is a great place where everyone can add to their Gardens for MUCH Less then ORDERING From a Catalog or online NURSERY .

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jaye has opened her raise my baby swap! Come and check it out!

pagardener61 has opened an interest thread for a Memory Garden Swap:

And froggies_girl's Birdfeeder swap is open:

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

I have a few ideas. I am not good at the organizing though so will just put it out there...

Dog clothes swap

Cook book swap

Gardening book swap

Any specific kind of book swap actually

Hand soap and lotion swap

Bead swap for those jewelry makers out there

Plant markers swap (actually make some markers specifically for their buddy with provided info to include)

Ribbon swap

Specified holiday decor swap

Music or movie swap

Gourmet coffee swap

Purse or pocket book swap (good condition only)

Stationary swap

Unused greeting card, various holiday cards, or blank note card swap

Fabric swap (for those who like to quilt)

I could go on and on and on but I will stop here for now.

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

I like the "hand soap and lotion swap" idea, especially the scented hand soap part.

Sorry, I've been sick and haven't gotten on here in a while. I think I've got everybody added at the top now.

Waving HI to Tricia-- those are some great ideas and I too like the hand soap/lotion swap idea.. maybe that will be one to have later in the year, when the gardening slows down and cold weather (HUSH MY MOUTH) starts keeping us inside.

Chris, when you get a chance, would you please change "Neck of the Woods" in June to "Zone In". We'll be sharing native perennials or ones you're already growing and are able to divide that would be suitable for another participant living in or close to your Zone.

GOOODY GOODY TY SUSAN that will be so much easier

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

I agree, I was not going to do this swap and now I can with more assuance of finding the right plants!!!

I'll get that changed for you Fruity :) Does that mean that it won't be items made in our areas, just plants? Or will it be a combination of both?

Thanks, Chris :) We'll be concentrating on perennials. A regional item or two could be included only if the sender chooses to do so. I've been working on the rules blurb and hope to have an interest thread open the first week of May.

JMHO, but I prefer the items from my neck of the woods, like it was in the past. I don't think plants were involved?

Plants weren't involved before, LK. We could revive the traditional "Neck of the Woods" as a Fall swap in October or November when plant swapping and trading is pretty much finished for the year. Would that work?

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I would like that, Fruity...I wasn't in the 'Neck of the Woods' swap last year and was looking forward to it this year- I even have some Ohio things I squirreled away since hearing about it.

Yep, that would work, Thanks!

YAY... I was going to miss the old swap.. and like Di, I already have some things put back for it :)

Cool. Then how about deleting "formerly....." in June and go ahead and add "Neck Of The Woods" in the Fall. What about November so our boxes could arrive in time for Thanksgiving?

Among a few goodies VA is famous for are wines, peanuts, apple butter and hams.

Oh, you can send me some of your wine and ham...

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

That sounds perfect for November.

I heard you, LK!

"Neck of the Woods" is definitely on for November, Chris. I'll start an interest thread in September or October. Gosh, that sounds like a long ways off.

Thanks Fruity! I will watch for your interst thread!

Hey Chris, will you add this new swap for Jaye please?

It is here, come and sign up for the red white and blue swap!

I added it.. I'll update it as I need to when more details come out :)

Thanks so much.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :
Chris, when you get a chance, would you please change "Neck of the Woods" in June to "Zone In". We'll be sharing native perennials or ones you're already growing and are able to divide that would be suitable for another participant living in or close to your Zone.

Chris, when you have time, would you please add "Zone In"? Anybody interested in sharing perennials or native plants you already have growing and are ready to divide, come on over. Sign-up doesn't end til May 31st.

Done :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

I had this idea a few weeks ago - how about a coffee mug swap?

I get tired of trying to decide what mug to use to drink out of every morning (does anyone else have to decide between the smiley face mug, master gardener mug, doggie mug, etc.?). My life is pretty boring, eh?

It could be a mug from your own collection or new I guess.

Thanks for swapping!

Lafayette, IN(Zone 5a)

Oh that sounds like fun! I found a coffee mug at Target the other day that had an iris painted on it and the handle was an iris bloom! I love coffee mugs!

I believe there was a T-shirt swap last year......haven't seen that one yet (unless I completely missed it).

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Ladies I would love a mug swap. You should see my collection. If someone will organize it, I'm in. I don't want to commit to hostessing right now because of my Dad's health issues. Although I guess if no one else steps up I could manage.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I just checked and have a nice, new mug in my gift stash so I would participate in a mug swap. ^_^

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

OMG. Is it too soon to host a swap?! :D

But I love the idea and so glad you do too.

Who's the swap Lord, and how do I go about organizing?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay Ladies - Chris gave me the thumbs up on the mug swap.

Gimme a day or two to catch my breath with my schoolwork, and I will post the thread.

All smiles here. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.