ID Please

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Any chance someone could ID this old Mum for me. I have had them for years and never had an ID for it.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Gainesville, GA(Zone 8a)

If your's matches the picture this would be the kind you have:
Mammoth® Dark Pink Daisy (Chrysanthemum x hybridum '01-127-1'n (PPAF)
In late summer to fall, the dark pink, daisy-shaped flowers absolutely cover the dense foliage, forming a neat mound. Terrific for borders, edging, large containers and mass plantings. Improved hardiness. Developed by the University of Minnesota.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height: 2-3'
Spread: 2-4'
Exposure: Full Sun
Hardiness Zone: 4-9
Color: Dark Pink
Deer Resistance: High

Thumbnail by Dirt_Lover
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Dirt Lover.

Gainesville, GA(Zone 8a)

You're welcome, and I must get some myself. These will look great with the New York Aster I planted from seed this year. It'll be a year or two before they're gangbusters so that would give these some time to settle in too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm thinking of digging some up, if I do I would be glad to send you some.

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

Holly, that deep pink mum is beautiful! Do you ever take any cuttings or divide it? I have only one mum color..it is a bronze mum with yellow eyes and it really does a nice job of spreading outward. I have divided it, taken cuttings and in 2012, I want to take lots of cuttings so I can use them in the Fall and also to share at plant swaps. If you ever take cuttings to bring to the next plant swap..I'd love to have a cutting or two of that color.

Mums are so easy to grow and take cuttings and divide. Have been doing it for years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.