Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mums and Asters: ID Please

Communities > Forums > Mums and Asters
bookmark
Forum: Mums and AstersReplies: 5, Views: 95
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2011
12:36 AM

Post #8403783

Any chance someone could ID this old Mum for me. I have had them for years and never had an ID for it.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Dirt_Lover
Gainesville, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 3, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8605939

If your's matches the picture this would be the kind you have:
Mammoth® Dark Pink Daisy (Chrysanthemum x hybridum '01-127-1'n (PPAF)
In late summer to fall, the dark pink, daisy-shaped flowers absolutely cover the dense foliage, forming a neat mound. Terrific for borders, edging, large containers and mass plantings. Improved hardiness. Developed by the University of Minnesota.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Height: 2-3'
Spread: 2-4'
Exposure: Full Sun
Hardiness Zone: 4-9
Color: Dark Pink
Deer Resistance: High

Thumbnail by Dirt_Lover
Click the image for an enlarged view.

HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8606221

Thanks Dirt Lover.
Dirt_Lover
Gainesville, GA
(Zone 8a)

June 3, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8606234

You're welcome, and I must get some myself. These will look great with the New York Aster I planted from seed this year. It'll be a year or two before they're gangbusters so that would give these some time to settle in too.
HollyAnnS
Dover, PA
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2011
11:16 AM

Post #8606270

I'm thinking of digging some up, if I do I would be glad to send you some.
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2011
4:19 PM

Post #8847935

Holly, that deep pink mum is beautiful! Do you ever take any cuttings or divide it? I have only one mum color..it is a bronze mum with yellow eyes and it really does a nice job of spreading outward. I have divided it, taken cuttings and in 2012, I want to take lots of cuttings so I can use them in the Fall and also to share at plant swaps. If you ever take cuttings to bring to the next plant swap..I'd love to have a cutting or two of that color.

Mums are so easy to grow and take cuttings and divide. Have been doing it for years.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mums and Asters Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mum's the Word... SILLYLILY 18 Nov 23, 2009 6:47 PM
Aster Blue Ribbon Sue_WA 8 Nov 27, 2009 11:54 PM
Pinching back mums...... orange_knickers 11 Aug 17, 2007 5:16 AM
Cutting back fall Asters? rainy_jane 27 Aug 30, 2007 3:26 PM
How many others have lost their mum? leaflady 40 Jul 9, 2007 1:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America