More northerly plant swap in Mount Bethel, PA

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

I am thinking of May 14th for the date of the swap, before it gets too hot. At this point I am trying to determine if there would be enough interest. On second thought, I will do it for just a few or a large group because I know I will enjoy any and all participants.

If the May 14th doesn't work for most, I will try to free up the 21st (which is already taken in my date book).

We had lots of fun last year and I'm hoping to see the same people with lots of new faces.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Looking forward to the fun......

Teri

Thumbnail by ROSES_R_RED
Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

Count me in.

MARY

Great, Mary. Looking forward to seeing you here!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

The 14th sounds good to me!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric and I are planing on attend both swaps.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I can't wait!!!

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

hi Teri and everybody! it was a loooooong ride for us, but if possible we would love to come again. Last year was such a nice time. I will still be in my dietetic internship so it will depend on my schedule. Hopefully we can make it =)

thanks for the invite...and by the way Teri, the begonia in your pic is gorgeous!

Diana

Hope you make it Diana. We have extra room for sleeping over for those who want to enjoy the day without being too tired to drive home.

I'm babysitting in Audubon, NJ for most of this week. Near you, I think, Diana.

When I get back home I'll start a the threads to list all the participants.

Looks like a good group already (including the d mails I've received).

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

I would like to try and come again this year. I promise to bring fewer (WAY fewer) tomato plants than I did last year. After obtaining and WS'ing some flower seeds from swaps, WS.org, the Robin, and purchases, I should have a greater variety of plants to offer.

Denise

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

I am sooo bummed that I already had plans for that weekend.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

:(

Don't feel bad about the tomatoes, Nisi. They did not go to waste. After we all took what we could handle, my neighbors and relatives came over and gave them good homes.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

Roses:

I will never forget the look on your face when I said I had to leave early...and all the tomato plants were staying. It seemed to indicate a brief but politely controlled thought of "oh no!"

Nah. I probably was sorry that you would miss whatever else we were going to do that day!

Pocono Mountains, PA(Zone 6a)

NisiNJ. I enjoyed the tomato and pepper plants from you last year. I am planting the small sweet peppers and Super Marzano tomatoes from their seeds this year! I also started seeds from Fourth of July tomato seeds - a variety recommended by others at the swap.

I would love to attend again, but don't drive. I am minutes from Route 80 and would love to catch a ride with someone passing by. I hope that the seedlings wintersown and/or those started inside are big enough to share by that time. I am ready for spring, but my seeds are taking their time.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

GardenQuilts:

I am so happy you enjoyed the tomatoes. I truly was worried about the impression I left...when I left. If I can come, I WILL be bringing quite a few tomato plants this year (just not the jungle I brought last year).

I have a lot of admiration for you for saving seeds; I am not yet brave enough to try fermenting seeds (everything I read about it says it smells really bad.) Unfortunately, Super Marzano is a hybrid--so you might not get the same type from saved seed. I believe it is "San Marzano" that is the OP version, and the "Super" is hybridized.

Sorry to have wandered off-topic.

Whitehouse Station, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hello All, this sounds like fun...I'm about an hour away, but will try to make it.

Hi wmf,
We'll all be looking to see you here.

Jan, I'm REALLY sorry that you can't make it.

So far we have:

wmf8vm (can we have a first name please?)***************************CAN'T MAKE IT
Gardadore and Jim********************************************************.Jim CAN'T MAKE IT
HollyAnnS and Ric
flowAjen
Onewish1 and Michelle
merrymath
kathysflowerpatch
Dixiegalpa
GardenQuilts
wind
NisiNJ
LorettaNJ
Cricket and Larry
Amethystsm
Sunnygrrl*************************************************************CAN'T MAKE IT
Scubasteve.
Stormy and Larry
Holeth

Looks like I'm going to be looking in two places for the participants. Hope I don't miss anyone. Please let me

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 9:45 AM

Sorry about that, Teri. I'm Kathy.

Really hope to see you here, Kathy.

Pequannock, NJ

This sounds like fun. I have a few extra things.

OK Loretta!!! You'll go home with a bunch of stuff even if you just bring yourself.

Pequannock, NJ

Sounds great!
First name - Loretta

Duh!! Of course...Loretta.

Manchester, PA

Larry & I plan to be there but we are in charge of an event at our church (5/7) and I'm pretty sure that the 14th is the rain date. So I'll pray that it doesn't rain on the 7th! Holly said the other one is on the 21st which is already scheduled in for us.

I've already cut some black pussy willow & have them in water. I also have a lot of rose of sharon it anyone wants them. Please give me enough time to dig them out. Last year we were fighting the rain all the time. (Anyone want to make a hedge of them?!)

We had such a great time last year.

Hi Cricket.......................so happy that you decided to make it again. You're surprise visit last year because Holly couldn't make it was really a great gesture to insure that Holly's promised plants got here. You guys really are dedicated.

Mount Laurel, NJ(Zone 7a)

Loretta is my sisters name =)

I'll be starting most of our seeds this week...then I'll have a feel for what goodies we'll have to share. I know we'll have colorful swiss chard bright lights.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Looking forward to seeing everyone. I have just d-mailed GardenQuilts and offered to pick her up again. Nobody should miss this great event because they can't get a ride!!
Some of you sound so far ahead. I just got back from being away for 2 1/2 months and am anxious to get started. Did the laundry today and have finally gotten through the mail and tax materials! Whew - now can turn my attention to the important thing in life - GARDENING!!
I have a ton of Barnsley House Lunaria seedlings popping up all over the place this year - am so excited to see how well that have taken. Must get them potted up before they get too big so I can share them with all of you!
Jessica

Pocono Mountains, PA(Zone 6a)

Thank you for offering me a ride, Jessica. I had such a good time last year, I am glad to be able to attend this swap.

I don't know what plants I'll have to trade, yet. I am waiting to see how this year's wintersowing effort progresses and waiting for my indoor seeds to germinate. Things are starting to pop up in the garden - including my first blooms of irises and crocuses- but I am not sure what survived the winter. At this point, I am playing the "Is it a weed, is it a plant?" game. I always have big green hostas, purple star of yelta morning glories and hanging purple trandscendia, (kept as a striking house/patio plant). I hope to have some more interesting things, germination and gardening fates permitting.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL GardenQuilts, I play that game, too. I call it Weed or What.

This weather really gets our gardening juices flowing. There will be a new thread in a couple of weeks where we can all kind of figure out what is doing well enough to offer. Hopefully, I will have some delphiniums, agastache and blushing susie vines along with some perennials. Some grown indoors and some winter sown.

Another thread for the "foodies" will be started also. The grilling meats and beverages will be my contribution. We could then use potato, pasta and gardens salads. Of course all those luscious baked goods and some good rolls will also be very welcomed.

The tents and chairs and tables will be available here (no need to cart your own).

Now I have the incentive to go out and clean up more of the mess out there. Nothing like having a goal.

Hi All,

I probably won't know until the end of April / beg of May if I can make it or not, but I'm always up for a trade before then. I've also got manure for anyone that might want some (the real thing - not that nice shredded stuff that comes in a bag!).

Kathy

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice!!!!

Manure is always a good and welcomed thing!!! Now we REALLY want to see you.

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

i am definitely interested, but the life of a freelancer is not something that allows planning 2 months ahead. So, i'll say hopefully!
I'm sure i'll have something to trade by then, and i will definitely be looking for stuff since we moved into a new apartment in the fall (with a mess of a "yard") and i'm about 70% starting from scratch!
thanks!
amy

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hey Amy!!!.... so nice to hear from you!!

We'll add you name to the list, Amy, and keep out fingers crossed that you can make it!!

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

thanks! :)

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Really enjoyed your event last year. This year on the 14th. of May we will be honoring a grand daughter's college graduation. Can't miss that. Her next stop will be two years with full scholarship at Purdue for her Masters. Glad to hear your Christmas Cactus is putting on a show for you. A fair amount of mine are blooming as we speak. Start pinching now to shape up the plant and keep it compact. Just snip or pinch at the joints. Each piece two joints of more will start a new pot. Bury the one segment up to a little bit above the joint of the second leaf. Takes six weeks approximately to know they are growing. Keep them damp not wet. No fertilizer added to the new until you are sure they are growing.

Sorry I am going to miss all your fun. Maybe another year in good health.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

We will miss you Doc.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.