Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
nick72126
Perryville, AR

March 7, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8411527

If bitten run hot water (just short of scalding) over the bites for at least 1 to 2 min. I have been told this draws the bodies histamine to the serface and rinse it away. What ever occures it does work in reducing the itch for several hours. If you are not able to use running water use a very hot wet cloth!
avjudge
Somerville, MA

July 1, 2013
9:58 AM

Post #9581751

YES! I've never encountered a fire ant, but this is the ONLY way I can kill my poison ivy itch! It works for hours. (Good for bug bites, too - pretty much anything that itches.)

Running water is better than the washcloth, but there's one problem: anti-scald valves! It's really hard to find a hand shower nowadays that lets you get the water hot enough to work, and some parts of the body just won't fit under the sink faucet. Guess I'd have to drape myself over the kitchen sink & use that sprayer. :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Battling the Infamous Imported Fire Ant Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!! 1cros3nails4gvn 3 Apr 14, 2008 8:59 PM
Clorox on the stings! SCNewbie 16 May 9, 2008 2:00 AM
They're coming melody 1 Mar 13, 2011 6:17 AM
Fire Ants & Blood Meal NatureWalker 1 May 22, 2008 12:03 PM
Soda Water girlgroupgirl 2 Mar 14, 2011 12:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America