Photo by Melody

Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?: Pro Mimosa but anti-Sweet Gum Ball tree

Communities > Forums > Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?Replies: 0, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
themikeman
Concord, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 7, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8411581

I love Mimosas the are growing in the woods and most of the surrounding residential properties around me, but i have grown to lothe sweet gum trees with a vengence..whoever built my house that im living in, back in 1942, planted 7 sweetgum trees on 1.5 acre front yard and ive been raking up nasty sweet gum balls with backbraking labor since late January and will still be raking them up out of my yard and iris and perennial beds till early May. They almost destroyed my little push mower when i moved in and i dont know of anybody with a riding mower that will even attempt to mow them up either. Mimosas on the other hand might be invasive but they are toatly desirable to me, even if they make a small mess of dead blooms; especially if you have one thats not real squat and low and wide growing, but one you train from a baby to be slender and tall if you can. Its Sweet gum trees and also pin oaks with their iron chlorosis and constant dying and limb falling after 15 to 20 years and again these bastard sweet gum balls that everyone should lothe. i want to start a anti-sweet gum ball tree and anti-pin oak club..mike

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Mimosa is a favorite Treasure UniQueTreasures 20 Oct 4, 2009 9:45 PM
Mimosa tree nathaliecraft 6 Sep 28, 2009 12:51 PM
Mimosa catevala 1 Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM
Mimosa tree shirleyt 1 Sep 26, 2009 4:02 AM
Leaf Drop of Gardinia garden328 2 Mar 9, 2011 10:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America