Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?: Mimosa Tree

Communities > Forums > Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?Replies: 0, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rose101
Palm Coast, FL

March 7, 2011
6:54 AM

Post #8411673

I have a long drive (about 150 feet) and on the one side I had lined the drive with Mimosa (eight, to be exact). Big mistake. Over the years the trees became rotten and horrible looking. They are all gone now. I used the chain saw and removed all eight this year. I have a lot of specimen trees and shrubs. After that experience I would not recommend Mimosa to anyone in Northeast Florida. They became an eyesore instead of that fluffy flowering beauty and as several had said -- a bit trashy with the dropping of the seed pods, branches and leaflets. Just my opinion from one who loves plant life.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Mimosa is a favorite Treasure UniQueTreasures 20 Oct 4, 2009 9:45 PM
Mimosa tree nathaliecraft 6 Sep 28, 2009 12:51 PM
Mimosa catevala 1 Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM
Mimosa tree shirleyt 1 Sep 26, 2009 4:02 AM
Leaf Drop of Gardinia garden328 2 Mar 9, 2011 10:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America