Photo by Melody

Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?: I vote "yes" on mimosas

Communities > Forums > Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ?Replies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gnomelady
Saint Marys, GA

March 8, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8415074

I see no evidence of the trees taking over any areas where I live (so. coastal Ga.)or travel--only a tree here and there occasionally. I don't understand the fuss. We had a gorgeous tree which was lost to the fugal disease, and the couple of progeny that resulted soon died too. The few other trees in our neighborhood have also died over the last 10 or so years. There a none left. In no. Ga. mountains where we have property we managed to find a couple of root sprouts to transplant and are waiting to see if they lived through the winter. There is only one other mimosa within a mile of that location. It is so popular with butterflies during the summer that I feel like it's an important food source for them.
radred
Novato, CA

July 11, 2011
9:51 AM

Post #8685943

I love this tree. I grew one in the back yard in Petaluma,CA (Northern CA) and its still growing strong & beautiful. I moved and now in Novato,CA and plan to put one in my front yard. It's VERY easy to take care of.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mimosa Tree - Treasure or Trash ? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Mimosa is a favorite Treasure UniQueTreasures 20 Oct 4, 2009 9:45 PM
Mimosa tree nathaliecraft 6 Sep 28, 2009 12:51 PM
Mimosa catevala 1 Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM
Mimosa tree shirleyt 1 Sep 26, 2009 4:02 AM
Leaf Drop of Gardinia garden328 2 Mar 9, 2011 10:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America