Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

High Yield Gardening: New raised bed

Communities > Forums > High Yield Gardening
bookmark
Forum: High Yield GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 121
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8415548

While at Costco the other day a prefab raised bed talked me into bringing it home..since I have a horrible black thumb (hence the reason I use EB's) I need some serious help.

it's a 4x4 Lifetime 18" deep bed (link below)

http://www.lifetime.com/lawn-garden/gardening/raised-garden-bed/60053

I want to see if I can sneak in some radishes before it's time for melons as well as grow (along with the melons) some okra.

Ideas on everything and anything welcome..varieties of melons, soil type how to amend, how often to water..

Thumbnail by araness
Click the image for an enlarged view.

PrissyJo
Roswell, NM
(Zone 6a)

March 19, 2011
7:39 AM

Post #8436130

Congratulations! What did you fill the bed with?
araness
Auburn, AL
(Zone 8a)

March 19, 2011
1:39 PM

Post #8436624

lol the wrong thing! We used MG potting mix..BUT we are taking out tons and replacing it with some mulch to allow for better water retention and drainage.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other High Yield Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Plant spacing jkehl 25 Apr 26, 2011 11:01 AM
How can you tell if you have enough space? sowersjoy 12 Mar 5, 2007 2:32 PM
Designing Raised Beds for Veggies CultivatingKate 24 Mar 25, 2013 1:20 PM
Container growing vs. raised bed growing yields silverglow 63 Dec 1, 2011 7:34 PM
Square Foot Gardening (SFG) construction pics 1_Lucky_Texan 55 May 20, 2013 7:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America