Photo by Melody

Antiques and Collectibles: Cannot think of the name of the artist....

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 4, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8417394

My mom used to collect all sorts of plates, bells both hand and larger hanging ceramics, ornaments and the like.

We moved to NM in the late 70's and sometime during the mid 80's she started collecting a line of the larger hanging ceramic bells painted with simple almost line drawn pastel figures of American Indian children. The bells were all a oyster-ish white, texture was a bit rough so I don't think they were glazed. The center ringing piece was made of the same as the bell, no metals. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the artist but I would really like to pick up at least one piece in rememberance of my mom.

If anyone can offer any assistance in where to locate the name of the artist or other info I would be so appreciative. They really were beautiful=)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8417926

Hi -- Is is Degrazia or DeGrazia or something like that? I've seen it spelled both ways. I had some of those bells when we lived out West but had to put on my thinking cap to dredge up this name. Not sure if that's the correct artist you are thinking of.
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2011
2:27 PM

Post #8418791

I'll have to google and check that name out and see if anything looks familiar. That name sort of sounds familiar to me too.

If I hadn't been trying to think of it, I would have known exactly who I was looking for:lol:
I appreciate you helping me:) I'll post back once I search a bit and let you know if you were right.

We also had a few wall plaques and even some cute fridge magnet plates. So weird what things from your past strike a chord with you at a later time:)
dmac085
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 10, 2011
7:29 PM

Post #8419334

Thank you Cville_Gardener! That was exactly the right person:) Googled and found apparently their official site and gift shop! Wish I had kept my mom's pieces but I don't think my brother would have managed to save them. Really appreciate you coming up with the name...I never would have thought of it!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

March 11, 2011
3:04 AM

Post #8419635

Happy to hear that was it. I like their work too. I never had a lot of the pieces, just a few of the bells, but had seen other items in the shop over the years. You are so right about different things striking a chord from your past. You just never know, do you? :-)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America