No Bees!

Coushatta, LA

All my fruit trees are in full bloom and so are a lot of spring flowers but no bees! Does colony colapse affect wild bees to?

Tucson, AZ

I noticed the same thing here in Tucson, trees are blooming but I havent seen a bee yet.

Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

Maybe what you are are not truly wild bees. They may be ones from comercial hives that are brought in for comercial crops and they haven't brought them out yet. Look closely, you may have other kinds of bees polinating for you. They are frequently tiny and we don't notice them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I think the insects took a bigger hit from that wacky cold snap than the plants did.

Annapolis, MD

you can always buy bees from a company that sells beneficial insects.

Tucson, AZ

I noticed before the cold that hit the northeast we had plenty of bees buzzing around, but other than yesterday at the nursery, I havent seen any since then.

Coushatta, LA

I noticed a few honey bees yesterday but not many. I did see alot of native bees though.They are very fast and small.They and many other ones plus bumble bees were the only bees in north america before the honey bee was introduced.I wonder how to encourge native bees to come around my gardens? Would be agreat project.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.