-
AuthorContent
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

March 11, 2011
4:02 AM

Post #8419680

thanks! for the compliments I'm glad you like it you're right imapigeon put it on the wall, the enamels in Italy there are workshops where I buy the powder mixture and I do change color, usually with my kind do enamel mat (matting) and the crackle glaze, thanks deb mommacart. I find myself in Italy near Rome neptune I'm in Rome (Campo dei Fiori) Piazza Navona) I send you some of my work I am happy to have you soon conusciute sorry for my bad english

Thumbnail by gabri
Click the image for an enlarged view.

mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 15, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8429298

I LOVE your work Gabri! Do you sell your pieces? If not... you should!
My daughter and her husband will be in Rom ein August! I give her my heart to take withher! :-)

Ciao!
Deb
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

March 16, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8430557

hi Deb I'm glad you like my work, I have a lab where I sell my pieces, I send you my website so you can see more of my work, I'm glad your daughter to your son come to Rome! if I can is about 50km from Rome, or a pleasure for me, a greeting and see you soon Gabri http://www.leceramichedigabriella.com
p.s I work to order too, if you plan to play a note that I use about a month
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

March 16, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8430727

You are a true artist, gabri----I'm looking forward to browsing your website!
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

March 16, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8431203

Ohhh Gabri,
your pieces are beyond Beautiful.. Belisema!!! scusa the spelling!
WHat is your secret? Do you throw each pieces on a wheel then HOW you create the designs and the colors are EXTRADINARY!!!
BRAVA BRAVA!!!!!! BELLISEMA!!!!!

Deb
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

March 17, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8432470

Imapigeon thanks! I hope you liked it, thanks again hi Deb a salute to early Gabri
zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

April 5, 2011
6:24 AM

Post #8473167

Gabri,

What beautiful work. It makes me think about wandering the streets of Rome and looking at all the tiles.
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

April 6, 2011
12:14 AM

Post #8475228

zenpotter prejudice, I am a romantic soul! give yourself a dream come to rome! hello to soon Gabri
zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

April 6, 2011
9:38 AM

Post #8475961

Gabri, I have read and reread the two books by Joan Marble about living and gardening in Italy, "Notes from an Italian Garden" and Notes from a Roman Terrace". I was born in the wrong part of the world. I should be a European.
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

April 7, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8478457

zenpotter hello! I say you're a big dreamer! Europe is true for you, gardens, architecture, lakes, historic streets, where the beautiful peeps at every corner, (until it is destroyed), not all comply with the dungeon and c 'and so be protected and not all adhere alas! nature that I love so much and not only, hope you can come and see for yourself! Giovanna marble I have not read, but I've heard. a salute to early
zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

April 7, 2011
11:18 AM

Post #8478484

Gabri,

My husband and I did have the good fortune to live in Norway for 3 years, Germany for 5 and the Netherlands for 2. All of them in the North, but still a nicer climate than here. We did spend three summers in Majorica Spain. My husband was in Graduate school in Majorica the other years we taught in international schools.
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

April 8, 2011
11:42 PM

Post #8482042

zenpotter hello, also my friend has lived in Norway (Bergen) for three years, beautiful nature, last year came to work in Florida, and has brought back the plants are still to be identified! hope nyssa and oak! we love some plants that would live very well by you (maples, witch hazel, panciflora, Parrot,) will surely have all acidophilic plants and shade, we have a particular love for all nyssa (some of these we have). autumn is the season for the most beautiful colors. a salute to early Gabri
zenpotter
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 4b)

April 9, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8482693

Gabri, we lived in Stavanger not far South of Bergen.

Our climate in Minnesota has extremes that limit our plants a lot. In the winter it can be very cold -42 C in the summer hot 41 C. We do have oak and maples of the acidophilic plants we have rhododendron and azalea they will grow to 2 meters. It is to cold here for nyssa, most paniciflora and Parrot.

We do have lovely plants that grow here and there are even a few cacti that can live in our climate. I do not like winter, summer and autumn are wonderful.
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

April 9, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8483106

zenpotter hello, but you live near canada?! -42 is the minimum you very much! I believe you do not love the winter! here we can reach the minimum at -7, the maximum +42 / 45 in recent years have greatly increased the maximum, I love the spring / autumn. I also have some beautiful azaleas! We tend to sour the base of sand and tap water to keep the plants a lot, here's the opportunity that can do the latter rain in April and October to review, if you're lucky! however, we have about four months of absence of rain. We have 5000 square meters of soil where there are many oaks maples including red maple, I'm trying with an Acer saccharum, I have several clematis, liquidambar, cercidiphyllum, cedar, beech, fir. and finally, a natural pond, which dries up in early summer. is certainly a chance that we have done for about 5 years, but we love so much this type of plant, it's like to dream of a future day a beautiful forest! hello soon Gabri
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

May 1, 2011
6:15 PM

Post #8533223

Gabri, is there any information you can provide about these pieces?
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1177356/
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

May 4, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8539247

triciam prejudice, to confirm what I've seen it, but most is the description you gave the cork, is made ​​in Sardinia, and not only in calabria.ciao soon Gabri. a salute to early imapigeon
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8539904

HI GABRI!!!!
Where is your stuidio located in Rome? My daughter and her husband will be in ROME in AUGUST!!!

Deb
gabri
nettuno(RM)
Italy

May 5, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8541822

hello deb, I'm about 50km from Rome in Nettuno (RM)

nettuno 107 tanker via rm. I would be happy to know them a greeting to let me know soon Gabri

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Pottery, Clay and Ceramics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kiln fired clay questions... WUVIE 144 Sep 1, 2009 3:13 PM
Claylovers' Topics: Bios / Work / Glazes / Firings, etc! #2 zenpotter 66 Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM
Pottery,clay jcoats123 25 Jan 11, 2009 3:01 AM
Pottery,clay,ceramics,kilns, firing, sculpture, etc. jcoats123 192 Sep 10, 2009 7:52 PM
completed one pot jcoats123 6 Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America