acid reflux on nexium?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Taking Nexium every morning for acid reflux...

The last, um, four days (?), along with one day the week before, I have been nauseas after large meals. For example, this am I had one egg, and a bagel, and coffee. Felt fine..

Protein bar as a snack.. ok again.

Burger and fries for lunch, started feeling like poo about 20 minutes after done.

What the?! It seems any significant size meals are doing me in...

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Do you usually eat large meals? Is it all large meals or maybe the fried ones?

Harleysville, PA

Ive had acid reflux for 15 years now. Have been on Prilosec for that long every day as well. Really helps with my ac but still have bad days and then have to take a zantac as well. I also get sick feeling. I rarely get heartburn with mine. Fried foods are bad but somedays I do better then others with that stuff. Scambled eggs bother my ac but still eat them from time to time. Ice cream later at night is not good or chocolate cakes, alcohal NEVER! Eatting too big a meal is never good. Walking helps and chewing gum. Had two Endoscopies and they came out fine.

Plymouth, MI(Zone 6a)

Angel, I started taking Nexium several months ago because prilosic stopped working for me, I am not happy about it because it costs so much . I have had very few problems with it now. When I first started taking it , there were a few days it bothered my stomach if i ate to large a meal. I try to eat smaller meals and more snacks through the day. I am just glad I found something that helps me! Meems

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I used to have acid reflux when I ate out a lot and ate big meals and ate "junk". I couldn't sleep at night because of it.

I change my lifestyle--more exercise, healthier foods, 5 or 6 mini-meals a day instead of 3 big ones. I also added lots more fiber and cut down on the salt and sugar. Problem solved! OMG life is so different when I graze all day on healthy foods (fruits, veggies, nuts, grains, soups, baked foods instead of fried, etc).

When my sister comes to town, we'll eat buffets for every meal at our favorite restaurants. The acid reflux comes back then. Once she leaves and I get back on my healthy habits again, the acid reflux goes away again.

We have bacteria in our stomachs that affect us either for the good or for the bad. If we disrupt the good bacteria by feeding it a lot of sugar, salt and unhealthy foods, we pay for it. Change what and how you eat and see if you can even give up the Nexium. You might keep a diary (like I did) of what foods affect you how. Sugar and salt really do me in. And most fast foods are abnormally high in both. That's how they get you addicted. Even foods that shouldn't have any sugar are loaded in it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images