Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Need Your Input PLEASE????

Communities > Forums > Accessible Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Accessible GardeningReplies: 85, Views: 296
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 14, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8426933

I have had rheumatoid arthritis in both my shoulders for many years and have been recieving injections to stop the pain but now my right shoulder must have surgery to repace it. I would like to know if any of you have had this surgery and truthfully "What can I expect?"
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

March 15, 2011
3:16 PM

Post #8428856

Hi Ted ... no advice, just wondering when your surgery date is?
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

March 15, 2011
3:36 PM

Post #8428908

Ted, I have been lucky enough to only have had minor surgeries and all of them went well. Among people I know who have had surgeries to replace hips, knees, etc. the results have been widely varied. Most of those i know have been very happy with the results, finding that they have much less pain. I think this is what you will find.

Let us know when the surgery will be. We will all be pulling for you.

katie
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

March 15, 2011
10:05 PM

Post #8429665

Ted Have only had shoulder surgery. Was a big relief after it was done. Had to do lots of uncomfortable excerizes after, but was worth it.
We'll be thinking of you.
Vickie

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

March 16, 2011
11:17 AM

Post #8430550

My mom had a knee replaced and it still bothers her but nothing like before the surgery. She goes to the gym several times a week, which she never could have done before. (She''s 72-73.)
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

March 31, 2011
8:24 AM

Post #8462527

Ted, how are you doing? Any word on the surgery. I know you've been having a hard time of it and I think the surgery will probably really help with the pain which is a lat of the cause of depression. The worst part is what you're going through now - waiting and not knowing. I'm thinking good thoughts about and for you. Please keep posting.

hugs, katie
IO1
Waaaay Down South, GA

March 31, 2011
12:19 PM

Post #8462915

Ted, you've been on my mind, also. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers.
~Susan
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2011
11:45 PM

Post #8470403

Same here.Hopeing for a great recovey.
Vickie

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8471286

Pain and depression are a vicious cycle - the more depressed you are, the less able you are to cope with pain and obviously pain is not a happy-maker. It is difficult to maintain and even mood when one is in pain, and with the prospect of more pain it's VERY depressing.
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 5, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8473512

Well I have my surgery date for April 27 at Broward General Hospital in Plantation Fl, a good 20 miles from my home. Don't know why as we have three of the finest hospitals within a five mile distance from my house but I found out today that he does his surgery there. Some doctors have their favorites and I guess Broward General is it. This also means that I shall not see my grandson for three days after surgery which is the only thing that really bothers me as my son will be working but he will be off Saturday, Sunday and Monday by which time I should be on my way home! I will be seeing my surgeon at 3pm today and my cardiologist at 2:15 pm as they are in the same building.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

April 5, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8473728

I have my first appointment with a podiatrist on April 27. We can be psychiclly connected in this stuff. I've been in alot of pain with my right foot and it's just no fun.

I'll be thinking of you and saying prayers for a quick recovery.

katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 6, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8475840

Katie -- It is a good feeling to know I won't be alone. It is also amazing that I too have problems with my right ankle because of polio as a child and having bone fusion surgery because I had severe drop foot. Arthritis bothers that occasionally also so we really have something in common.
Meanwhile I was told by my surgeon that this hospital devotes an entire floor and specially trained nurses to assist so that made me fell a lot better. I got the all clear from my cardiologist yesterday so the surgery is 90% on except for the results of a blood profile. We'll see!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8476012

My best to you both!!!! (Although I do have bad bronchitis again, but I'm on steroids, so my best is about 115% of my ordinary best.)
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 7, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8478226

I will be glad when my surgery is over but then the same thing must be done on my left shoulder. All-In-All I'm looking at a recovery time of at least six months and lots of uncomfortable surgery. If I'm lucky I will be able to make my tomato season in October...I'll be down to four EBs but that is better than none...
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

April 7, 2011
8:49 AM

Post #8478235

Ted, the important thing is that you get the surgeries done. Nothing else really matters if you aren't able to enjoy it. EB's can be replaced. You can't. End of lecture.

hugs, katie
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

April 7, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8479633

Katies right Ted. We all will be with both of you.I wrote it beside my puter.
We'll be with you while you recouperate also.
Vickie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 8, 2011
11:07 AM

Post #8480663

My right shoulder needs immediate surgery and soon my left shoulder also but this morning my left shoulder started to pain as bad as my left? This is going to be fun! Of course they can not be operated at the same time otherwise I will be useless.
A nurse and a therapist will be helping me in my home for a couple of months until I can manage myself but meanwhile I'll have to use my left arm for everything. I sure hope I'll be able to manage and not pop vicadin all the time?
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

April 9, 2011
3:10 AM

Post #8482115

I know you'll be able to handle it Ted. Glad you'll have a nurse and therapist.Let them spoil you.
Its always a scary feeling to have surgery.But remember it'll be such a releif to have it done.
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 9, 2011
10:14 AM

Post #8482894

It will be a relief especially the pain. I am forced to take vicadin. I don't like taking them but life would be so very painful without it. I could not believe the x-rays showing my shoulder being held togeather by ligaments only. All the bones are rotted away! Talk about shock! My left shoulder isn't much better but at least the bones are still there. Orders from my surgeon are do not lift anything at this time and I can fully understand why...
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

April 9, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8483605

Ted, I cannot imangine what it would be like to see x-rays like that. And having to wait almost another three weeks for the surgery is hard. You encourage me and I hope you will keep that in mind. My foot is so painful that I, too, take vicodin. I'm still often barely able to move around or even sit comfortably. If I do any errands, small taks and such in the morning I usually pass out in the afternoon from the pain. It's no darn fun at all and having to wait for treatment is also a bear. I'll be thinking it doesn't hurt much, then notice I'm in a cold sweat and just need to lie down.

We wait together. Patience may or may not be a virtue but for us it's a necessity.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 10, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8484954

Katie -- I refer to WEBMD.com for info on arthritis especially rheumatoid which is the absolute worse. One fact about arthritis is that it makes one tire very easily and that is so true with me. Come afternoon I am exhausted and just lie down for a quick nap.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

May 2, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8535531

Ted, I hope your surgery went well. You are probably not able to write but even an "OK" or a message from someone in your family would be gooid to hear.

My appointment with the podiatrist went well. No surgery in the forseeable future. I have a brce which I need to wear while I'm sleeping and it's already helping.

I'm back home from my trip and need some sleep but I'm kind of wired.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 3, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8537172

KATIE --SURGERY COMPLETED ON 27APRIL. NO WAY TO REALLY TYPE WITH LEFT HAND ANDTHISHUGE SLING THAT PARTIALLY BLOCKS MY VIEW OFCOMPUTER.. I READ ALL THOUGH.----
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

May 3, 2011
12:14 PM

Post #8537187

Hi Ted, I'm so glad to know that you made it through OK. I'm sure the recovery will take some time but the worst is over. You're in my prayers.

love, katie
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

May 4, 2011
3:51 AM

Post #8538692

Glad to hear from you Ted. Things should start going better now.
Vickie
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

May 13, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8560011

I'm still recovering from my trip. It's very tiring, especially when made in a week. I also caught a cold which I'm having trouble shaking. However, my foot is much better and I am recovering.

My neighbors left two days ago for their summer in Washington - without saying goodbye. People are just f...ing crazy, I think. Present company excepted.

Ted, hope you are recovering and allowing yourself to take it easy - advice I should be giving myself.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 13, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8560282

A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE TODAY. THERAPY MAKES MY ARM SORE FOR A DAY OR SO AND TODAY IS NOT AN EXCEPTION.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

May 15, 2011
2:45 AM

Post #8563593

Hope both of you are taking care of yourselves.
Hope you are staying off your foot Katie.
I squeeked out of going to the hospital yesterday. My blood pressure and blood sugar was sky high.I promised to take care of myself and both are down now tho still a little high.
Vickie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 15, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8564213

VICKIE - YOUSHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL WHEN NECESSARY. AFTERALL THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU WHICH YOU NEED!

TODAY AND YESTERDAY WEREAND STILL ARE PAINFUL DAYS FOR ME AS THE WEATHER HAS BEEN RAINY AND OF COURSE DAMP. NOT THE BEST FOR MY RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

May 18, 2011
2:00 AM

Post #8570893

Thankyou for the concern TPLANT. I was an EMT and can do the basic caretaking of myself. And once i'm chewed out for neglecting myself I do toe the mark and behave myself.Sitting in the garden with my flowers should bring anyones BP down.
Vickie

Amargia

Amargia
SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL
(Zone 8b)

May 19, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8574491

Ted, I don't go to the forum page as often as I should so I don't pick up on new threads on the forum. Hope all is well. My prayers for as speedy a recovery as possible. Kay*
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 20, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8575634

YES IT IS MISERABLE TO BE VCONFINED TO THE HOUSE DURING MY MELON SEASON. FORTUNEATELY WATERMELONS ARE FAIRLY EASY TO GROW. JUST LET THEM BE AND MYAUTO WATERING SYSTEM DOES THE REST.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

May 31, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8598992

Just dropping in to say hi Ted. Hope your recovery is going OK. My foot is much better. Now is the hard part - working to get back some of the function lost whle I was laid up.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

May 31, 2011
10:20 AM

Post #8599342

Katie - YES IT IS PAINFUL FOR AWHILE. I STILL HAVE ATHERAPIST COME TO MY HOME AND HE DOES ALL THE MOTIONS OF STRETCHING FOR ME SO IT IS NOT SO PAINFUL BUT MY LEFT ARM IS STARTING TO HURT A LOT JUST AS MUCH AS MY RIGHT ARM THAT HAD SURGERY. I'M DOWN TO ONE OXYCONDINE A DAY AND THAT IS IN THE MORNING.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

May 31, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8599348

Ted - Glad to know that you are managing so well. One painkiller a day is great. Are you going to have surgery on the left shoulder? About ten years ago I went through have about ten (blessedly minor) surgeries in about a year. Even though all were minor, especially compared to yours, there was a cumulative effect and it took a long time to recover.

Hope you are being kind to yourself and going easy. And enjoying time with your grandson.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 1, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8601424

YES, I MUST HAVE SURGERY ON MY LEFT ARM ALSO. SAME AS MY RIGHT ARM . SHOULDER REPLACEMENT. THIS WILL BE IN ABOUT SIX MONTHS OR SO. I AM GETTING VERY DEPRESSED ABOUT ALL THIS. CAN ONLY USE MY LEFT ARM AND THAT ONE IS ALSO PAINFUL WHEN I REACH. I MUST NOT LIFT ANYTHING WHICH IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE ESPECIALLY WHEN I MUST MAKE MY COFFEE.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

June 1, 2011
10:06 AM

Post #8601496

With the problem with my right foot it was very hard to move around but I am able to use both arms as long as I don't need to be very strong. Tony hasa to do most anything that calls for a strong arm. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you now. We need Rube Goldburg to invent devices that will allow you to make coffee with minimal use of your left hand/arm. Meanwhil I would advocate patience but I hate to preach what I don't practice.

Just remember you are not alone.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 2, 2011
9:23 AM

Post #8603879

I know what you mean. It's great to have friends on DG...All I want to do is get baCK TO FULL TIME GARDENING AND PROPER TWO HAND TYPING. LOL

Amargia

Amargia
SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL
(Zone 8b)

June 3, 2011
1:45 PM

Post #8606545

I wonder, do they still make those pre-measured drop in filter packs of coffee? Or, is it pouring the water that's difficult?
Being functionally blind, it is measuring things properly that's time consuming. When my right elbow was giving me grief and wouldn't take much weight, I had to pour the water into the pot in tiny amounts. I could support my right elbow with my left hand though. I imagine a problem with both shoulders is much harder to find ways around and very frustrating. k*
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 5, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8610311

AS FAR AS I KNOW THEY STILL DO.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 15, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8632516

Katie, we were in Mexico recently and I'll have you know I actually looked up driving directions from Cancun to Mulege but they seem to be very far apart!

Ted, what else can you plant in an Earthbox other than tomatoes? I have one, all ready to go, but my tomato seedling crop, er, had a crop failure. It's not really warm here all the time but it's time to plant stuff!!!
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 16, 2011
9:20 AM

Post #8634075

YOU CANPLANT MOST ANYTHING. GO TO WWW.EARTHBOX.COM HURT TODAY...
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

June 21, 2011
6:18 AM

Post #8644185

I got back from Ca. at 10pm last night. Couldn't sleep. At 6am was almost asleep when I got three bee stings from a bee that was under my pillow.

It is light out now and Tony will be here soon and, of course, I am almost asleep. I hate it when this happens.

The nicest thing about a couple of days driving is that my foot and knee don't hurt. However, I'm too grouchy from no sleep to be really happy about it.

Dogs are still welcoming me back.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 23, 2011
2:51 PM

Post #8649661

Katie -- Try Aspercreme. It works wonders for me!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 25, 2011
7:44 AM

Post #8653478

Katie, it sounds like even if I did drive Cancun-Mulege, you wouldn't have been there.

Thanks for the tip, Ted. I was running out of time to plant a bunch of other stuff so I just planted everything that liked sun -- what we have of it -- in there. Herbs, marigolds, petunias, whatever - oh, dahlias, all together! Doesn't fit any of my guidelines for container planting.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

June 26, 2011
11:38 AM

Post #8655751

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED!!! I, for one, credit you and your weight-loss story (and your EarthBoxes) with a lot of what got me so addicted to DG so quickly...I wasn't about to start gardening in nasty dirt, but soon I became a container queen! Thank you for all your inspirationalness, Ted. Have a wonderful birthday (what's left of it)!

Thumbnail by carrielamont
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katiebear
mulege
Mexico

June 26, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8656240

Happy birthday, Ted. And many more!!

katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

June 29, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8662141

Thank you all!
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

June 29, 2011
10:49 AM

Post #8662160

How's your recuperation coming along, Ted?

katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 1, 2011
10:43 AM

Post #8666241

Katie --- Coming along great but will never be 100%. Will have to settle for 80%. Our weather has been very stormy for many days and it causes pain in both shoulders plus my ankle but far less painful than before surgery. I'm going to see a special therapist for an evaluation Thursday to determine if I continue therapy. Must stop typing now as my shoulder is getting very uncomfortable but thank you so much for your continuous concern. The best people I know belong to DG...

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 1, 2011
2:19 PM

Post #8666624

You bet!

80% is pretty darn good. My mom had her knee replaced and it took maybe two years for her knee to feel useful again, even with PT and going to the gym etc. etc. It hurts less than before the surgery but she'll never be pain-free.

I'm going for a cognitive evaluation...!
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 1, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8666673

80% is great, Ted. You are doing so well. It means more and better time with your grandson, doesn't it.

I'm doing OK most mornings but by 3 pm or so I'm not moving around much.

Keep us posted on your recovery. Do you know yet when you will have the second surgery?

hugs, katie
Sansai87
Midland City, AL

July 1, 2011
3:03 PM

Post #8666700

A belated Happy Birthday, Ted. My b'day was on the 22nd. They say those of us born in the sign of Cancer are very tenacious so hang in there. :-) ~Nadine~
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 2, 2011
12:04 PM

Post #8668160

Thanks Everyone. My second surgery will be as soon as they allow but I think I'd rather wait for less humid weather as our current weather has been rain and will continue for a full week. This is painful for me. It is true what they say about arthritis predicting rain...
Ouch!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 4, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8672388

Nadine, did we know it was yr birthday?
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 8, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8679845

Hi Ted,

Has your rain let up yet.

We had rain over the Sea of Cortez the other day but it didn't make it to land - at least not here.

After being tired/achy/fluy since my return from Ca. two weeks ago I fell asleep at 6pm last night and slept for twelve hours!!! I feel almost human.

Hope you are the same.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 8, 2011
10:41 AM

Post #8680369

Katie ---- Would you believe we are in for another week of heavy rain? My arm is painful at times. I was dismissed from therapy yesterday. They were amazed at my rapid recovery of motion. I had a great surgeon and they told me so although I already knew that. I am sitting here in my recliner with a pain pill in me and a heating pad on my shoulder and the pain has subsided.
As far as sleep is concerned, it is very inconsistent as I wake up at least three times during the night so I rarely get a full night's sleep so I can imagine how you feel.
Ted
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 8, 2011
11:24 AM

Post #8680442

Congratulations on doing well in therapy. Give yourself credit for making your surgeon look good.

With the help of a pain pill I was able to do some yard work this morning.

One of my dogs had gone missing for two days and she came home yesterday which was a lot of my being able to sleep so well.

Tony picked a Hawiian papaya from a tree I gave my neighbors (who are away for the summer). It looked and smelled wonderful. I cut it in half and had him take it to two grocers who are good friends. We're hoping to have some for them to sell by fall when all the rich American snowbirds return.

hugs, katie
Sansai87
Midland City, AL

July 9, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8682823

I can't remember ever seeing a fresh papaya in local stores. Are they like figs in that they are too delicate to transport easily to distant markets? Or, maybe I haven't seen them because there is no local demand for them. I know I wouldn't know what to do with a fresh papaya. Well, as long as rich, American snowbirds know. :-)
Carrie, I did get “Happy Birthday” wishes here, but I was depressed on my birthday. Didn’t really feel like celebrating it. My thoughts were, “Good grief, I’m 24, unemployed and living with the equivalent of my family.”” That depression forced my stubborn mind open enough to look at alternatives to the traditional hourly wage and salary work I had always done. I’ve started doing data entry work from home. Adding to the information available to people online is sort of cool. I like it more than I thought I would. Things don’t look so dark. I remembered I LIKE living here and I’m not the kind of person who is happy living alone.
There is another tenacious Cancer who is celebrating her birthday today despite the fact she says Ted is right. Damp weather makes arthritis worse. And, it has been raining all day.
Happy Birthday, Mama Kay!

This message was edited Jul 9, 2011 8:37 PM

Thumbnail by Sansai87
Click the image for an enlarged view.

katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 9, 2011
8:03 PM

Post #8682973

The Hawiian papayas are about the size of a grapefruit and are pear shaped. Mexican papayas are bigger and tend to be more fibrous and less tasty. Lots of groceries carry one or both. Like many things, they taste best when you pick your own when they are perfectly ripe.

My eyes are itching, probably from the dust on the curtain fabric. Says something about how long it's been since I did any sewing

Bed time. Night all.

katie

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8721797

I completely spaced on Kay's birthday! Good grief! I'm sorry.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 28, 2011
5:47 PM

Post #8721819

Ted is getting a new German shepard puppy. He's posting in the pet forum and and the box-container (whatever) forum. He's doing very well. kb
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

July 28, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8722221

Oh Kay, I'm sorry too. Happy ,Happy belated birthday.
and to Ted also and to Nadine.
Vickie

Amargia

Amargia
SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 29, 2011
10:53 PM

Post #8724641

Way to go, Ted!
I'm doing good if I can remember when my own b'day is, nevertheless remember other people's b'days. :-) k*

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2011
1:26 PM

Post #8725618

Puppies can be very warm-fuzzy helpful! My daughter (two antidepressants and Valium and she STILL gets panic attacks) adores hers. (Brand new--ask me again in a month!)
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2011
9:07 PM

Post #8726520

Petting a dog or cat is supposed to be very calming.
DD and i have decided that black cats are deer stalkers. My black cat Miss Kitty chased a deer thru the yard a week or so ago. Yesterday her black cat chased a deer down the road. Maybe we can rent them out during deer season.LOL
My right wrist has been hurting like crazy today.Don't have a clue as to why.Hope everyone is able to stay out of the heat. Know I am. Am cleaning closets and back rooms. Anyone else have a junk back room?

Amargia

Amargia
SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL
(Zone 8b)

July 30, 2011
10:05 PM

Post #8726651

Yep, but Jim calls it his workshop. :-) It was the back porch before we were married, but Jim closed it in. Since they are not letting me stray too far from the house (Still experiencing vertigo, but not as bad.), I've been trying to clean it up some. I'm proud of Jim, he winnowed his electronic "stuff" (I'm not allowed to call it junk) from four plastic bins to one. He's challenging me to do the same with my crafty "stuff". Uh-oh. k*
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

July 31, 2011
9:55 AM

Post #8727381

Just got word that our puppy will be arrivimg sometime Tuesday and we will see her Wednesday after 12pm. They will keep her for three days while she gets all her shots and examined by a vet. Till then my son is buying a large crate for her.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

July 31, 2011
12:23 PM

Post #8727725

You must be so excited. Puppies are so much fun. My girls are all grown up but we are all very immature so we stull have pillow fights and stuff.

hugs, katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 1, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8729615

Katie --- I've waited two years for this day and personally I was giving up hope. I live with my family in a back bedroom on the other side of our mobile which is a Palm Bay double wide and very comfortable but my family goes out a lot especially when my DIL goes to her mothers on the week-ends as they live on the beach and enjoy the ocean. There are many reasons why I can't join them (personal) so I am home alone. When my
Scooter was alive she was great company and I didn't care how long they were gone. Now to have a German Sheapard to keep me company is great and may help to heal the big hole in my heart for Scooter.
katiebear
mulege
Mexico

August 1, 2011
11:35 AM

Post #8729812

Ted - I know how much you have missed SCooter. I'm so glad our prayers have been answered this as I'm sure that I was not the only person t hinking of how to sneak a puppy in to you. I think this will be wonderful for both of you. katie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 1, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8730203

I just can't wait!!
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 1, 2011
11:35 PM

Post #8731399

Please keep us updated on all the puppy action.
Vickie
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 2, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8731869

I will see her tomorrow and will take lots of pictures.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 2, 2011
2:21 PM

Post #8732415

YAY! I'm so happy for you, Ted!
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 4, 2011
8:47 AM

Post #8736388

Me too Carrie. My camera won't load on my computer so I will use my sons if possible. I will post most pictures on Pet forum so I hope you and all will follow?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8738545

Not into PETS, I just like Ted. Hmmmm.
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 5, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8738690

LOL -- LOL She comes home tomorrow!!!! At last...

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 5, 2011
12:08 PM

Post #8738842

Hip hip hooorrrrrray!
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2011
10:08 AM

Post #8741924

Carrie, My sis-in-law has a lizard she's trying to get rid of. Want it? It's white.
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 7, 2011
11:08 AM

Post #8742055

Pictures on Pet forum. My computer still is haveing problems. My son will help me when he is off duty on Tuesday.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 7, 2011
12:53 PM

Post #8742284

Vicki-NO. Thanks for thinking of me.
Tplant
Pembroke Pines, FL
(Zone 10a)

August 8, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8744381

I can never express my deep feelings of loveing friendship that I have for all of you for "standing by me" through all my very lonely and most seriously difficult times! I was very lonely and felt useless and did not have very good thoughts but with all of you to keep me company and my faith in GOD gave me strength to continue on and never give up. Worst part of it all is if we passed on the street we would not recognize each other but then again, maybe, it's best this way as here we speak from our hearts and express our true selves.
Ted

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8747185

I feel strongly that it is an ADVANTAGE not to be able to see each other, at least at first. If my husband had been in a lineup of men with his age and brain, I would NEVER have picked him (I dunno about the other way around...). But I've been in love with him for so long I can't remember when it started. We fell in love through an email relationship, never having seen each other. People put too much emphasis on appearance these days.
cando1
Ozone, AR
(Zone 6a)

August 9, 2011
10:36 PM

Post #8747974

I agree too much attention is put on appearances today,and we americans put too much empathise on young age.I've loved every decade.except the first two.
DH had eyes that I totally fell for.---A greenish hazel with gold specks.
What i love abut this group is I can say what i think and don't feel like i'll be critisized (SP) Teased yes but not critisized.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 13, 2011
11:21 AM

Post #8753868

Absolutely teased, Vicki, count on it!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Accessible Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
abled fighters dpmichael 13 Sep 28, 2009 1:31 AM
Gardening with a bad knee Bug_Girl 13 Aug 28, 2009 4:26 PM
"Enabled" vs. "Disabled" Gardeners Shirley1md 40 Apr 8, 2007 6:29 PM
a gardening poem debi_z 43 Jun 17, 2013 4:59 AM
pneumatic seat for gardening debi_z 31 Jun 30, 2009 2:48 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America