Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!: Tulips and daffodils.

Communities > Forums > Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!Replies: 1, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
meflotoo
Black Mountain, NC

March 15, 2011
1:52 PM

Post #8428723

I thought I had Daffodils. One came up and had one flower. Where are the rest? I have green sprouts of what looks like tulips, Hope they will flower and have more blooms that the daffodils that went where? My lawn is full of vole or mole runs, it is even difficult to walk on, all spongy. Did the critters eat my daffodils? How do I get rid of them? The whole area is full of runs just under the surface of the ?lawn.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 16, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8431526

Boy, I don't know much about daffodils, meflotoo. I understand that most bulbs are like candy for critters though. Some people plant them in old plastic strawberry baskets that you get when you buy strawberries at the store, and they swear that keeps burrowing varmits away. Good luck to you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wish.... MitchF 5 Mar 2, 2009 3:44 PM
do you expect them back? carrielamont 9 Mar 26, 2008 1:43 AM
Nice Article MistyPetals 1 Mar 25, 2008 3:17 AM
tulips Mariomeggie 0 Mar 24, 2008 9:07 PM
Today's sprouts McGlory 0 Mar 25, 2008 1:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America