Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Garden Art: What Can I Do With This?

Communities > Forums > Garden Art
bookmark
Forum: Garden ArtReplies: 45, Views: 605
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

March 19, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8436364

At a yard sale today, a lady just GAVE me this light box--for FREE. Her son made for a school project and now they have no use for it.

It's about the size of a door, about 30 or so inches wide and about 6 ft long. It's very heavy. All around the inside border are clear Christmas lights poked thru holes. And the background is a mosaic mirror. It's like a huge shadowbox.

I thought it might be pretty when I have garden parties, but I honestly don't know what I can do with it. I hated to see such a pretty piece of art go unappreciated.

I have a veranda just outside my kitchen and we sometimes eat out there. I thought I might hang it as a light fixture out there. It won't put off a lot of light, but it might be nice and romantic. I really don't have room to use it as a bit table. I'm not sure it would hold up in the weather so I don't think I can use it in the garden. And I can't figure out what I would do with it in the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I hope you can make out its beauty from the picture below. It's currently sitting in my driveway and the big oak tree beside the driveway is reflecting in it. It's just too beautiful not to use somewhere, but where??

NancyAnn

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 45 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Garden Art Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interactive Garden Humor wannadanc 9 Jul 15, 2012 3:40 PM
Fabulous idea for hiding shed!! seedpicker_TX 35 Jul 24, 2007 12:12 PM
The 'Munch Monster' celia 20 Apr 26, 2007 4:59 PM
Arbor 2pugdogs 47 Jun 15, 2007 8:57 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!! blckwolf256 55 Aug 19, 2007 7:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America