Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Blueberries?

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

Okay, I was out shopping last week, and somewhere two blueberry bushes stowed away in the back of my car. I found them recently, and after prying them loose, I find I'm at a loss. I don't know where to put them. Then I noticed the bales from last year that never got planted. They're still pretty much intact, though they're much shorter than they were. I was thinking I don't plan to use that spot in the future, so maybe the blueberries would be happy there? They're well decomposed, and really should have something to grow....

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

The blueberries are perennials, so I would guess a more permanent home would be needed than straw?

Pelzer, SC(Zone 7b)

I didn't explain well. The spot is where I have decomposed bales from last year, but will not put them in the future. I didn't use them last year, and have downsized. So, this will be a permanent place, and the roots will be able to go into my nice, acidic soil, but will also have the "start" of the composted bale, to hopefully help them begin a nice, productive life.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Sounds like they should be very happy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.