-
AuthorContent
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2011
4:13 AM

Post #8437706

Okay, I was out shopping last week, and somewhere two blueberry bushes stowed away in the back of my car. I found them recently, and after prying them loose, I find I'm at a loss. I don't know where to put them. Then I noticed the bales from last year that never got planted. They're still pretty much intact, though they're much shorter than they were. I was thinking I don't plan to use that spot in the future, so maybe the blueberries would be happy there? They're well decomposed, and really should have something to grow...
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8438032

The blueberries are perennials, so I would guess a more permanent home would be needed than straw?
catmad
Pelzer, SC
(Zone 7b)

March 21, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8440221

I didn't explain well. The spot is where I have decomposed bales from last year, but will not put them in the future. I didn't use them last year, and have downsized. So, this will be a permanent place, and the roots will be able to go into my nice, acidic soil, but will also have the "start" of the composted bale, to hopefully help them begin a nice, productive life.
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

March 21, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8441216

Sounds like they should be very happy!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Strawbale Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Straw bale gardening: no weeding, no hoeing, no tilling KentNC 274 Oct 18, 2009 1:58 AM
Strawbale Gardening (part 7) Jnette 126 Mar 20, 2007 9:51 AM
Straw Bale Gardening LauraK 49 Apr 2, 2008 12:02 AM
Straw Bale Gardening (Part 8) KentNC 114 Apr 2, 2007 5:32 PM
Straw Bale Gardening (Part 9) KentNC 124 Apr 21, 2007 12:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America