Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Handyman: What is this decorative cover called?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
Forum: HandymanReplies: 0, Views: 96
Add to Bookmarks
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

March 20, 2011
11:50 AM

Post #8438477

I am repainting a little dining set for our daughter. Each chair has what I will call 'metal decorative nail cover' x 2 @ each joint that can be seen from the front of the chair. I will try to get a photo and post. In the meantime . . . I have had a difficult time painting around these things. they are approx size of a decorative upholstery tack but not one center sharp post/shank to nail in but 3 short sharp points to tap over a headless nail. These are like a cap. I just discovered they are removeable. Now if I could remove them all, clean them up and replace that would be great but I am sure some get bent/twisted in the process and not re useable. Can you id by name what this type of item is called for me to go looking? I find lots of metal decorative nail/tacks but not this cap like thing which is only a cover. many thanks.


This message was edited Mar 20, 2011 7:56 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America