These benches were broken and you could see the rebar where they cracked. We got them on clearance from Lowes, then we glued them to long pieces of wood with silicone glue to keep them from snapping and breaking more. After that, I used ceramic tile scraps that were left over from the indoor floor we had laid in the house.
The benches were uneven around the sides, so they don't look really straight. I plan to use concrete stains of two shades of green to stamp some leaves on the legs, these are an ongoing project right now, but I finally started working on them.
We got several extra legs for a few dollars each that Lowes had from other broken benches that they also were getting rid of. Those can be used to make small coffee/end tables for the patio.
It is so nice that the mosaic covers any cracks or blemishes. I'll tell you one thing, those babies were HEAVY when I finished them, and they were already heavy to begin with. I made each on on my kitchen table so had to hurry up and get them out of there too. lol