A great book and a question about another

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

you all probably know about this --- I am always so far behind

I may be spelling it wrong --- Edgar Sawtell

About to order Room -- has anybody read it?

North Saanich, Canada

Edgar Sawtelle was a great book. Absolutely loved it.

Medina, OH

Thanks for reminding me how much I loved Edgar Sawtell

See, I knew I was behind the times ...... I feel panic when I think about all the great books I don't know about.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I have NOT read it yet (edgar or Room)-- feel better now?

YES ! Much.

My problem is when I love a book --- I read it 6 times.

Have you any idea what it takes to read all the Dune books multiple times... it takes a LOT of years. .... Owen Meany and me..... we been bed partners for many many moons... I keep getting new insights... find new things....

6 wow!

I have a 'new ' copy of Owen Meany and been meaning to re read it. The first time I read it, I finished it on the beach in North Carolina, stomping my feet in the sand, going Yes! OMG!! Of course!--I loved it

I have a few copies --- I tend to loan the books I love and sometimes I don't get back and so I have a spare!

Someone told me about a great book this morning and now I can't remember it....... running in the rain... it is told from the perspective of a dog. Has anybody heard of it or similiar title?

Plano, TX

the art of racing in the rain is the title i think
yes i just finished a week or so ago and really liked it a lot--a book told by a dog would never have interested me if i hadn't been advised to read it by people who's book likes/dislikes are a lot like mine (don't you love to find people like that?) one is not a dog lover --not really even a dog "liker" and so i decided if she loved it i will too.

That is how many of the reviews began. " I am not a dog lover, but I love this book!"

This message was edited Mar 26, 2011 4:28 PM

Plano, TX

it is a kind story and yet not a hokey-schmatltzy one--if you get my drift

yes I do. I know I'm going to really like a book when a short way into it I begin to worry about finishing it. Hate to say goodbye to the characters. I feel that way about the E Sawtelle book now and really just at the start.

starting Edgar Sawtelle and very intrigued so far

I think you will like it.

Just finished and loved it

good. there aren't too many characters we remember through the years.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.