Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Home Decorating: Bed skirt ideas needed

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 2, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2011
10:43 AM

Post #8443044

The cover for a daybed in the grandchildrens room shrunk in the laundry. Rather than toss it I plan to shorten it still more and add a skirt underneath it which will be attached to the frame with velcro. The top is a red striped ticking, a simple design with an inverted pleat in the middle of the long side. I have found a coordinating print for the skirt.

My problem is how to make the skirt,. In my mind, gathering th material does sound good to me with the very casual ticking. I thought about just off setting pleats about midway between the center pleat in the topper and the ends of the bed. Does that make sense? I can't picture how that will look. A completly plain straight skirt seems boring.

Anybody have any ideas. TIA
J2222
Southern California, CA

March 22, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8443842

I think gathering or pleats would be nice, either one.
ardesia
Saint Helena Island, SC
(Zone 9a)

March 23, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8444986

Thanks, I am starting to lean towards a very light gthering, just enough to keep it from being a straight panel.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 164 Nov 19, 2014 12:23 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America