Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Agastaches and Salvias: Salvia microphylla `Forever Red'

Communities > Forums > Agastaches and Salvias
bookmark
Forum: Agastaches and SalviasReplies: 2, Views: 124
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Rich_dufresne
Candor, NC

March 23, 2011
12:56 PM

Post #8445484

Salvia microphylla `Forever Red' is a form I saw in August 2008 at Betsy Clebsch's garden on Skyline drive. She said she got it as a gift from Dr. James Compton. It looks a lot like the S. microphylla grahamii from Far North Gardens that I sent him in the early 80s. Along with S. macrophylla x sagittata Big Swing, it is one of the earliest to bloom well in my greenhouse this spring.

It seems to be mostly available in the United Kingdom and USA (mostly California) through plant sales

Thumbnail by Rich_dufresne
Click the image for an enlarged view.

2salvia
London
United Kingdom

March 23, 2011
4:37 PM

Post #8445904

Sorry...never heard of 'Forever Red' in the UK. Looks good...BUT we have grahamii, 'Kew Red', var. neurepia...they all look the same!!! Whatever...a truly great plant, but somewhat less hardy than others.
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

March 28, 2011
9:26 PM

Post #8457487

Very lovely. What are its growing requirements and hardiness?

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Agastaches and Salvias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Salvia pictures from my garden Gerris2 133 Mar 21, 2007 6:49 PM
My favorite Salvias ecrane3 88 Jun 5, 2007 11:39 PM
Agastaches & Salvias I'm Getting Thru Mail Order Marilynbeth 55 Mar 11, 2007 10:49 PM
Agastache & salvia Ariel73 2 Apr 10, 2007 7:14 PM
Salvia 'Discolor' mrs_colla 9 Mar 13, 2007 6:34 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America