Floating Impatiens?

Lewes, DE

I read somewhere that you can place impatiens in a pond as a floating plant (no dirt in a floating planter). Has anyone tried this?

Phoenix, AZ

I don't think "floating" would work. I had some planted in pairs of my husbands dress socks.....shhhhhh, he still doesn't know. And tucked into rocks in my stream. They were amazing! When I get home I'll try to remember to post a couple pics.

That is funny! ^_^ ^_^

Phoenix, AZ

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Pantyhose works well too.

Lewes, DE

I finally found where I read aboiut floating impatiens in the pond. It is the ivillage GardenWeb forum.
The poster said she/he put impatiens with no dirt in a little plastic pot and put the pot in a can cozy (like for beer cans). Said it works well. I think I'll try it this year.

I never would have thought of a can cozy..... thanks for the info - definitely worth trying.

Lewes, DE

I read more on the topic of floating islands for pond plants in the same forum. One person made an island with two washable furnace filters, Good Stuff, etc. They planted it with a flat of impatiens. Photos are really impressive. I'm starting to get that old "let's go to Lowe's" itch!

Every time I get that same itch, my credit cards start to groan. I just need them to groan louder so I don't use them ^_^

springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

just remember that inpatients need shade and won't do well in the full sun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.