Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

sharing march/april pictures

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

This is soo sweet
"Ballet snow cone" Mrs. Bonnie says it's micromini

Thumbnail by helenethequeen

this is a Russian: "EK Goddess of Beauty" Gorgeous

This message was edited Mar 25, 2011 11:28 AM

Closup of the Goddess

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

They are beautiful Helene!

Lynn

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Ballet Snowcone has always had my heart--nice plant Helene!

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Helen!! It's so nice to see you. Your violets are beautiful!!

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

such pretty plants.
bonnie

Montgomery, AL

Helene, the microminni is lovely. I find those more difficult to grow and yours is perfect!
Here's some blooms:
Kohleria Beltane

Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Ooops. That is Drymonia chiribogana above and Kohleria Beltane here.

Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Phinea albolineata. The first of my gessie seed fund's seeds planted in November to bloom.

Thumbnail by jamiew

OMG Omg I know violets but everything else ??? Epicias culture is coming along here in FL. Your plants and flowers must be very rewarding.

South, TX

Lovely pictures! I am in the middle of repotting. WOW, not being well, it is SO HARD. Hubby helps. Still so much work. I wish repotting didn't have to be done.

Used to be pretty easy, just messy, ha.

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms

Oh geez Sally your doing so good. Your trying - working on your plants- repotting and just doing daily "Living" and I am sure DH is now used to helping and knows it's part of housekeeping.

South, TX

Thanks, I am trying so hard to get better. You really don't completely heal with CFS and POTS, but I have really done better. JUST RESTING now. I sure hope I can finished repotting tomorrow...Sweet hubby, just an angel!

HE DROPPED one of my Christine plants today when he was bringing them to me, OY. That's ok. I think she will live. I didn't get upset at ALLLL at his mistake. He is wonderful!

Montgomery, AL

Sally, Your positive attitude is inspiring. You're counting your blessings and living life. You too Helene. Yall's blooms and pictures are fantastic. Keep them coming!

Thank you all for the lovely pictures ^_^.One of these days I will post a few.

Lynn

Ann Arbor, MI

Great to see you again, Helene.  Your spunk is badly needed around here to keep things "happening"!

The Goddess is pretty --- first bloom for her?  I keep being surprised at how gorgeous these Russians are.  I got a few mainly because, well, they were Russians and I wanted to see what the fuss was all about.  But I tend to gravitate to the "flashy" (variegated, unusually coloured or just plain weird) violets,  so I wasn't expecting much from them.  But they are something else! I just love mine. 

Jan

Would trade a leaf or two. They are just sooo strong and vigorous. first bloom yes second on the way. takes for ever to open up. They look so mediocer and than POW.fun

I was tempted to place an order on e-bay - but holding off spending$$. Planned to get "touch me not" also ukrain. "Kei yoki" very dear $$$ Lemon Kisses - I love all white/big and can't seem to find many out there..

Anyway - waiting a day or two to show off Robs"pilly dilly" second blooms and just covered.

Ann Arbor, MI

I have an extra Kei Yoki. If you are interested, just LMK. It was grown from a pair of leaves I got from mrsbonnie over a year ago. I did my very best to kill those leaves, but somehow managed to root them almost six months later! Fortunately, I've gotten a lot better at it since then. And I managed to grow a couple of nice little plants from those leaves. Sheer luck and a bit of rooting gel to the rescue.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2011 11:49 PM

I'd be forever greatful. - did order somethings from "Jacks" on e-bay hoping he is good was all sold out already of the Kei Yoki. I found I rooted some of the "Godess" picture above. and the leaves produced, but are still tiny.

I'll re-imburse you for shipping thank you. Helene

OK as promised Robs "Pilly Lilli" Beautiful right? Look at all the buds!
Wrong! in looking closely each and every rosette is not well, choking by mineral salts. I watered from the bottom all the time and never flushed it. So now the salts settled aroung the stems of the rosettes. So now I hope they will re-root.....
I want to go home and cry!
I do wish we could post more than one pic. here at a time

Montgomery, AL

It's beautiful. Can't you wash it off from the top now? Will the salts cause permanent damage?

It looks great!

Lynn

No not any more. those salts distroy the tissues of the stems. When bottom watering, AV have to be leached ( think is the word) every once and a while. I forgot. The dif. rosettes will make new rooted plants.
She was so pretty I do want to cry...

I understand Helene.I lost my beautiful Champagne Pink trailer because I forgot and left a North window open.When I found it 2 days later I couldn't even save a leaf.I nearly cried too.

Lynn

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I've done the same thing--especially when I had lots of violets. I guess experience is the best teacher, unfortunately, in this case. It is a beauty, hope you get lots of babies!
"Nobody can go back and start a New Beginning, but anyone can start Today and make a New Ending"...My mantra these days. ^_^

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets
Ann Arbor, MI

Me too, Helene -- lost a few along the way that have made me really sad. The worst was one of my very favorites -- Deans Ladybug, and I am really kicking myself because I didn't take any leaves for backup. Won't make that mistake again ...

This message was edited Mar 28, 2011 5:09 PM

Ann Arbor, MI

Helene -- Don't worry about shipping for Kei Yoki.  But if you can spare them, I'd really love a stolon or two from one of those gorgeous pink episcias you posted a couple months ago.  The pinks are difficult to find and even harder to buy.  I saw a beautiful variegated one on eBay recently that went for $30! Good grief ...

Regarding jacksviolets -- I've bought from them several times, and have had mostly great experiences. Nice big healthy plants.  Last time they were smaller and somewhat overpotted.  But I see that they've dropped their prices now as well, so perhaps that accounts for the change.  And Kathy Egelund has always been quite nice and very conscientious whenever I've e-mailed.  All in all one of the better ebay vendors (IMHO)

I can't seem to take pictures except at dusk or outside,so pardon the lack of color please.
Burgundy Ruffles from Shanika....on her fancy wicking container.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Foxwood Trail from Jamie.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Little Bo Peep,a purchase.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Katie

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Rob's Humpty Doo.Thanks Jamie ^_^.

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Rob's Jindalee,another from Jamie.Excuse the mildew!

This message was edited Apr 1, 2011 12:42 PM

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Targa.Thanks Shanika.^_^

Thumbnail by lbrabec

Two-W Miss Jennie from Sister Jan.

Thumbnail by lbrabec
Montgomery, AL

Very, very good growing Lynn! Pretty blooms and I love the foliage on Little Bo Peep.
Rob's Galiwinku semiminiature trailer

Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Ozornye Voli. I like Russians, but they don't seem to form full bouquets of blooms for me.

Thumbnail by jamiew
Montgomery, AL

Reliable Optimara Alabama. I don't know which one, since I think there are at least 3 out there.

Thumbnail by jamiew

They are beauties Jamie!! All the trailers you sent me are in bud,except the species one.It seems to be growing very slow.

Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.