Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

African Violets and Gesneriads: You name them? haha

Communities > Forums > African Violets and Gesneriads
bookmark
Forum: African Violets and GesneriadsReplies: 3, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sallysblooms
South, TX

March 26, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8451753

My daughter in law was visiting one of the very first times. We were looking at my violets and she said "You name them?" It was so cute and funny! My violets all have their names and date of potting on them of course. :)

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Click the image for an enlarged view.

phoebesviolets
Land of OZ, CT
(Zone 6a)

March 26, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8451889

LOL Sally! I just started attending weekly meetings with a group called "Job Club"...we are all unemployed and meet to support one another while job seeking. One member has just discovered the world of African Violets, just joined AVSA and the local violet club. She excitedly talks all about her violets at the job club meetings. When I asked her about which violets she had, she said, "Oh I don't know any of the names...I don't remember names." "You soon will," said I, "you will!". :-)

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sallysblooms
South, TX

March 26, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8452004

That's right, she will!!
lilypad22
(tish) near Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2011
6:23 PM

Post #8457093

I was like that too, not thinking violet names were ever going to be that important to me. Then start trading and sharing and everyone wants a name and then I realized I needed to know names too!...how could I get new plants if I didn't know what I already had! ha. Yea, she'll get there too.

PS Such a pretty fairy - enjoy those pics!

tish

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other African Violets and Gesneriads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Brag of the Day... MsCritterkeeper 17 Jun 6, 2007 2:14 PM
advice on TRAILERS from Violet Gallery critterologist 57 Feb 5, 2010 9:56 PM
test thread for sticky, never mind me begoniacrazii 90 Apr 11, 2011 3:40 PM
All Other Gesneriad Care & Related Links begoniacrazii 2 Apr 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Streptocarpus seedling progress Keyring 127 Jun 9, 2007 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America