Growing Calla lilies in pond.

Fredericton N B, Canada(Zone 4a)

I have heard of people having great success growing Callas in their ponds.Does anyone know what kind of pot is used.Any other details would be appreciated.

I would be interested in this as well. I have callas growing all over in the summer, but mine are growing in clay pots on my decks, not in my pond.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22
Phoenix, AZ

I tried years ago with no success, mine were in shade and rotted. Maybe in sun?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

I did some in pots at waters edge and they did great.

Beahive - do you have pictures? Can you explain how you did it?

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Im sorry all my pic's are in storage on my other computer right now as I am in the process of selling my house. Try to visualize a potted calla in a plastic pot inside a clay or ceramic pot of similar size (with drainage holes) Place potted plant in bank areas where the water is only an inch or two and gets some sun. Weight down if necessary with pebbles/small rocks.

Fort Bragg, CA

I think Callas would do good here in the pond too. We have ours (monstrous) on the North side of the house and is quite swampy in the winter and spring, so their "feet" are always wet. I think maybe if they were planted right at the edge, maybe in 2" deep water when my pond is at it's maximum, would be a good location. If I have success, I will post. Also, our little frogs love calla lilies--they hide inside the blooms and take care of bugs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.