Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Establishing an Eastern Bluebird Trail: Bluebirds[ that forgot to fly south?]

Communities > Forums > Article: Establishing an Eastern Bluebird Trail
bookmark
Forum: Article: Establishing an Eastern Bluebird TrailReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lavateralady
North Ferrisburg, VT

March 28, 2011
5:20 AM

Post #8455162

I live in Vermont, and around Christmas in the midst of s snowstorm, looked out my kitchen window and saw what I thought was a bluebird. Just in case, I found some bluebird nuggets and put them on a feeder. The next morning, I saw 2 bluebirds. I thought maybe they were just procrastinators who had got caught by the storm, but I went out and bought some mealyworms, put them on the feeder, and by the time I got back in the house, there were 2 bluebirds, then 3, then 5 on the feeder. I have been feeding them all winter, and when I was away, one of my neighbors came and fed them. ...the little guys have quite a fan club ! Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

March 28, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8455176

I think that more and more they are staying around some northern areas. Sibley's guide shows their winter territory's northern edge up to Pennsylvania. So with warming that line is likely to move.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Establishing an Eastern Bluebird Trail Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Bluebirds Happy_1 10 Mar 8, 2010 9:51 AM
Bluebirds MSME 1 Mar 9, 2010 10:02 AM
BLuebirds pat71 1 Mar 28, 2011 9:18 AM
Nest boxes or lunch boxes? RuthBee 3 Apr 7, 2011 4:50 AM
building boxes with kids cathy4 1 Mar 28, 2011 11:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America