Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

POT HOLDER SWAP 2

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

We came from http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157526/

This Pot Holder Swap is now CLOSED. We will be making two pot holders to send to your swap mate. Please post the colors of your kitchen or the colors you want in your pot holders to make it easier for your partner. Pot holders should have insul-bright or some other insulation in them to make them heat resistant. Patterns are your choice.
While quilting is not necessary something should keep the back and front together.

I will be taking names until Sunday,Feb. 20 and will give you your partners name the next day. You will have until May 1 to finish and mail your pot holders to your partner.
Please take a picture of your pot holder to share.

Participants:

Syrumani - red,black,white or tan,sage,burgundy
BarefootT - red, white, black
housse 301 - blacks, red, brown
Quilter5dbsr - blues, greens, touch of yellow
jumper2 - blues & greens
Ladydragon5 - burgundy, gold, green or black & white
Taters55 - kitchen is beige so any color will do
Bettypauze -use up your scraps!
Heavenscape - any color, scrappy
Cheriffic - any color
Siliolegram - any color
Catbird423 - any colors
lilypad22 - yellow, red; vintage
Suggins - red, brown
Rvnsar - chili pepper red & green with blue counters
synda - grapes, burgundy, purple, green

This message was edited Mar 28, 2011 10:43 AM

Thumbnail by ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Here we are at a new thread. It took me a while but I figured it out! I am waiting for a pattern so I can get started. Yes, I know, I was going to use the book I found but I found some fabric that I just loved for my buddy and it took me in a whole different direction. Ever have that happen to you? LOL

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Mine went out today. Hopefully they won't cause too much laughter on the other end.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Janice!

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Happens to me all of the time Janice. I think I know what I am going to do for my "buddy".

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I made a practice pair ...the thick layers were a little tricky to keep lined up while sewing...I'm thinking for the next one that cutting all inside layers and the backing fabric piece bigger than the front will solve that issue .. then I can cut off the excess after the quilting/stitching is completed...too bad I didn't figure that out with the first pair, would have made it easier on myself!

tish

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Tish I went through the same process. Took me 3 pairs until I got it as good as I could do it :0)

practice makes perfect !!! now you will be very "experienced" for the next swap ^_^

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Synda you did a great job!
I still haven't started on mine. Just sorting the fabrics now. Too many beautiful patterns to choose from.
Tish, thanks for that useful info.

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I am still getting started on mine, but I will get them done in time.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Mailed mine out yesterday...anonymously. LOL

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Mine should have been delivered yesterday. Bet my buddy is trying to find a diplomatic way of mentioning them. LOL!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

I haven't started on mine yet either, maybe this weekend or sometime soon.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was in Buffalo over the weekend so dropped into Joann's..have my insul so am now ready to start..should have them mailed by weekend!

Finally!...They took longer than I thought they would, but I really enjoyed making them. I'm sure the next ones I'll be making for some friends and family will go more quickly now that I have the hang of it! Thanks for coming up with this swap idea! I really enjoy the smaller projects. I hope other sewers/quilters can come up with some other fun projects like this one. I know some of the quilting guilds/groups make and share ideas such as this one. It will be a day or two before I can get these to the post office.

tish

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Wowsers!!! I got the very best potholders today from Tish. They match so perfectly that I would have thought she was standing in my kitchen when she made them. I am so in awe of you people that doe piecework. They are fabulous!. Many thanks and they are on the counter where I can look at them and use them and not in the drawer.

Neener

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Wowsers is right neener !!!!! I've never seen your kitchen , but by my assumption they look to match perfect and are crafted perfectly !!!!!!! Great job Tish !!

Great job tish !!!

I agree, great job! Love those colors!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Those Potholders are so pretty. This is a lot of fun for me to see all the different design everyone came up with.
And of course this gives me new ideas for gifts for Christmas.

Thanks! I was pretty amazed that they came out so well. I was worried the colors/design/fabrics were too busy.. too much going on...picking patchwork fabric combinations is not my strong suit! But by the time I got it finished I really liked them. I even managed to get a little blue in there...that was totally not planned in the beginning, not sure how that happened, ha. I'm still pretty new to the patchwork too...this was the first time I ever made this kind of block and kept sewing to the end when I was supposed to leave a part open..so there was some stitch removing a couple times. So glad you like them and that they go well with your kitchen. And am especially glad they are going to get used!

tish

Victoria Harbour, ON

May 1st is coming quickly..almost thrilled that this weekend they are calling for rain..instead of working in the gardens raking and getting blisters I can spend my time sewing

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I will mail my potholders out tomorrow. They're done, and I picked up some mailing envelopes today! I'll get them all packed up tonite, so I can mail them after work tomorrow. ^_^

I am working 7 days straight, today was # 1....I am planning on starting mine my next day off, along with some of the other swaps blocks. now if I could just remember where I stashed that insul brite????

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I am doing mine this weekend, so I will get them mailed off next week.

Fostoria, OH(Zone 5a)

Mine went int he mail yesterday but have a way to travel so wont get there until sometime next week. Hope my buddy likes my choice of fabrics.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Sent mine out the 30th haven't heard as yet.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have all the makings, just haven't been off the chesterfield for past several weeks except for work, let's hope I'm on the mendvand can get sewing and have them out before end of month

Lexington Park, MD

Betty if you have my name please do not feel like you have to rush. I would prefer you relax and rest and get well.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Me too Betty, just in case it's me!!!!! Nothing is more important than you right now!!!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

There is absolutely no hurry at all! Take care of yourself, first!

Nichole, got your package..Oh my perfect match to my kitchen!!!! if you have photos you can post...or I will try to remember to do so tomorrow after work....I am just too tired to do so now

work schedule has been crazy, life has been crazy....have had about 6 hours sleep in last three days !!! very tired, but just can not fall to sleep??? can't get anything accomplished :(

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Try to remember after work tomorrow, then . . . or I'll try to remember to remind you . . . I took a picture of the "prototype" of one of the square ones, but not a pic of the set (front or back). Glad you like them! ^_^

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Since my buddy got her box weeks ago and hasn't posted I decided to at least put a picture of what I did so you all know I fulfilled my end of the bargain. :))

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Oh Neener, those are so pretty!

You did a great job! Love the cute fabric!

You know, I see all kinds of neat fabrics and think...thats cute but what would I make...well now I know for one thing potholders!

Don't worry too much...something probably came up. Your partner will let you know when they can.

~ tish ~

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

how cute..... picnic ants!! just when I think I've seen the coolest prints, someone posts another one! Your partner is pretty lucky!

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

Those are adorable Neener......You did an awesome job !!!!!!

Lexington Park, MD

I love the fabric too cute.

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks folks! I've had that fabric for a long time. I used to do some sewing way back when. When I found it in the stash I knew right away what to do with it. The long piece is a kind of narrow sort of table runner just to use up the material. Someone sent me a runner last fall and I love it so much it is always in the laundry or on the table. Just right for two people.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.