Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Clan of the cave bears

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Newest installment out

LAND OF PAINTED CAVES

North Saanich, Canada

Been waiting for it a long time. So anxious to read it!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I got an email from amazon that they had shipped my pre ordered one!

just finished edgar sawtelle.....wow....... sort of like owen meany....

anyway, lucky you - I haven't ordered land of painted caves yet.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I don't buy many books because I seldom read a book more than once. Usually I get them from the library. But, after reading Clan of the Cave Bear, well, actually I listened to it, I bought it and have bought all of the rest of them. One of the few books that I have read several times.

yes, another series that I bought was......I can't remember (!!) but I remember the books (Merlin) The Crystal Cave was one. McCollough perhaps the author.

Boise, ID(Zone 5b)

Mary Stewart did a trilogy on Merlin. The Crystal Cave was number 1.

Yes, Mary Stewart - loved those.

I keep reading bad things about the latest Clan book - whay do you say ggd?

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

So, did anyone read the new Clan book? I got it right away, and started reading and got maybe 1/3 of the way through, and just can't get back to it. She always was overly descriptive, but this one just seems to go on and on, and I just can't get in to it. I'm thinking of skipping ahead to the last chapter or two, just to find out how it ends.

Deb

No I never got - I saw not so hot reviews. I have LOTS of books that I can read that aren't so hot! HA!

I am reading Middlesex now (an old one) and Handmaiden's Tale (Maybe not the exact title)

I should not start too many books at once. It distracts.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.