Photo by Melody

Annuals: Pruning Cleome Hybrid (Spider Flower)

Communities > Forums > Annuals
bookmark
Forum: AnnualsReplies: 13, Views: 245
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LadyAshleyR
Oakland, MD

March 30, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8461109

So in the greenhouse where I am working, we have a batch of Cleome hybrid: Senorita Rosalita spider flowers growing.
The greenhouse manager said that this is her first year having them in the greenhouse, and I really dont have any experience with them myself.
We are trying to keep them from blooming just yet, and are trying to keep them pruned back.
She said she pruned them back hard once when they first got them in, and they are getting to the point where they are flowing out of their pot radius again.
She said that when she got them, she was told that they did not like to be pruned.
Even so, like I said, they are growing like mad, and trying to bloom, and we need to know whether or not its ok to continue pruning them back like she had done before, without negatively effecting the plants.

Thank you!
Ash

This message was edited Mar 30, 2011 5:41 PM

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Annuals Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Top 10 favorites poppysue 56 Aug 11, 2009 7:33 PM
Needs Dark to Germinate??? BJT72 24 Apr 10, 2007 9:07 PM
gomphrena strawberry fields rylaff 5 Nov 23, 2009 12:17 AM
Annual Flowers for Special Uses - Adapted NatureWalker 11 Feb 18, 2008 5:25 PM
sweet potato vines llslee 11 Oct 19, 2009 4:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America