Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: Weather for April, no fool!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 127, Views: 733
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 1, 2011
6:19 AM

Post #8464554

We had some rain last night.
Sunny this morning, 37. No wind.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 1, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8464801

Thanks, Bernie!

Sun, sun, sun here! Supposed to get into the low 70s today and tomorrow then another storm. Definitely, Springtime in the Rockies.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 1, 2011
8:50 AM

Post #8464813

Gonna be nice day today and tomorrow... Enough with all the raining past 2 days!...

Tulip bloom!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 1, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8465011

Happy April Fool's Day everyone!! lol. I played a prank on one of my coworkers today. Went in and told him someone had flattened all 4 of his tires. He believed me. LOL

SUNNY!!! And temps gonna be in the low 60s. Whoo hoo!!!
redheadclan
Vail, AZ

April 1, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8465112

We're having a heat wave, it's 90 degrees at 11:45. And just a month ago we have it down to 15. What a year so far. I lost a lot of plants. I've already spent over $300 at the nurseries. The irises just started blooming. Here's ,y first of the season.

Thumbnail by redheadclan

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 1, 2011
5:58 PM

Post #8465782

Sometimes it's hard to get the truth going on a day like today.
At the archery range they had a computer running a live video of a bald eagle sitting on the nest & the eggs close to hatching.
I mentioned what I heard a couple weeks ago. A large tree came down in the wind recently. It had an eagle nest in it that had been there about 15 years. In the nest were 76 dog collars.
These people thought I was telling an April Fool's joke & I was not.

We had NW wind all day, but sunny & close to being warm.

I don't look for good weather until Easter.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2011
5:15 PM

Post #8467582

Hit high 60s, maybe low 70s today with lots of sunshine!! A very warm and very nice day. Perfect for grilling!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 3, 2011
4:30 AM

Post #8468285

51with a high of 72
Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Isolated thunderstorms this evening followed by a few showers overnight. A few storms may be severe.

Thanks for the new thread Bernie! We need rain here!

Celia, yep, Springtime storms! Love the daffs!

Rusty, I'm glad you will dry out. Lovely tulip! Mine are only a few inches tall.

Pepper, you are so bad!! Nice temps!

Redheadclan, glad to see you back! I do love that iris!

Bernie, I let the kids April Fool me, otherwise, I'm a doubter. Especially if I don't know the truth :o)

Very sad about the dog collars.

We have a live stream of an eagle nest 80' in the air and built in 2007, at the Decorah Fish Hatchery. A previous nest branch fell in a windstorm . She has eggs and I believe one hatched. I haven't looked lately.

I'm lookin now and they are both in the nest. She's a bit irritated at him for pecking around the nest. I know how she feels, LOL!

We got the boys Thursday because DD Sara was hoping to have an ultrasound after her regular appointment. They didn't have anything open, but could get her in the next day. So we had the boys overnight. Then she had things she needed to do and wondered if they could stay two nights. Yep.

Carly is no longer breech, but now Callun is. They both weigh about 2# which is what a single baby would weigh. They base everything on a single birth. Carly's head is slightly larger. We had some pretty homely ultra sound pictures, LOL! I'll admit they are a lot clearer than they used to be.

We also had the boys over April Fools Day... Grandma fell for the floating house, dinosaur in the field, bug on her head and many many more silly ones, LOL!

It was so nice out that we got to go to our boring little park, two days in a row, and we played kickball with no coats and bare toes yesterday. Then they went home happy and tired!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8468393

I gonna have a "bad hair day" today (windy)...

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

I did clean up all the leaves and put into compost for 2 years... I has other 2 barrels sitting in my yard for 2 years and waiting for to dry out first then use it up for gardens...

Going to Home Depot that garden soil on sale today before it out...

JuJu broke my slide screen door yesterday it happen I put her inside and here she ran and hit the slide screen door of 2 corner (one on left top and other right bottom) and broke plastic thing inside of the corner...So, I put it back on but very carefully again if bust up again I hate to buy whole slide screen door! Bad Girl, JuJu!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8469085

Under a Wind Advisory til 8pm tonight. Winds holding steady at 40 mph. Sunny and very warm with temps close to 80 or over 80.

Went out and weeded my veggie bed a bit today. Didn't take any tools so was limited in what I could dig up but it looks alot better already. Need to throw some radishes and carrot seeds out before it rains so maybe I will get lucky and get some this year. lol

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 3, 2011
2:44 PM

Post #8469401

It's hit up to 89* today! And still windy up to 45 mph...
Will be thunderstorm tonight...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 3, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8469710

I think we passed the 90 degree mark today. Whew!! Hot and humid, storms firing up in Kansas.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 3, 2011
11:34 PM

Post #8470396

Oh, Rusty! Sorry about the door! Bad JuJu...

Pepper, hot and humid you may be but I'm jealous anyway. It beats the 5" of snow we just endured.

30 and falling.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 4, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8470476

44 with a high of 47
Windy. Much cooler. Cloudy. A chance of rain showers in the morning...then a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. High in the upper 40s. Northwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 40 mph. Chance of showers 30 percent.

Rusty, LOL over the bad hair day! DH raked some of the yard when I was sick and I had him put them in the compost pile. I hate to waste good leaves!

Oh Ju! I hope youu can get it fixed. She is a strong girl!

Pepper, the garden didn't even get a second look here, LOL! I did get rid of a lot of dandelions from the flower beds tho! I did think about peas, but... we don't have a fence up yet :o(

Celia, 5'', it better melt!!

I worked on weeding all afternoon and evening. It was cloudy and breezy and we blew the old smells out of the house! I had to wait till after 7:00pm for any rain. What a light show tho! Thick bolts down and sideways. The electrical were really curly rather than fingers. It was something! There was a chance for ping pong and golf ball sized hail, but not here. I heard hail, but couldn't even see it, LOL! I don't think we got much rain, but at least we got some. Enough to wet the stuff I put down Saturday.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 4, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8470632

Well, I did brought the new screen door yesterday at Lowe's! Hope not get hit again!

Rusty woke me up at 130 am that scared him the T-storm again! I stay up until 3 am after storm is over!

Still raining little bit today 46*...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8471195

There is more snow out there than I thought. 3" or so. 41 with 50 expected. The sun is out with high, thin clouds. Very pretty.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 4, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8471651

Oh Boy I gonna have freeze warning tomorrow...

http://www.accuweather.com/us/mo/joplin/64801/watches-warnings.asp

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8472328

Chance of frost tonight here also. Brought my Boston Fern in so I wouldn't lose it.

Today was a cold day compared to yesterday!! High of 51, sunny and windy. I wore my coat when outside. And turned one heater back on when I got home to take the chill out of the air.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 5, 2011
4:24 AM

Post #8472960

29 with a high of 60
Mostly sunny with temperatures rising towards the upper 40s. Then, Partly cloudy. High around 60F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Celia, that is a lot of snow to melt, but we know how fast it can go. It is water for the plants says "Pollyanna."

Rusty, it was under 30* for me this morning, but it's normal till the middle of April. I am so glad I got one nice day to weed!

Pepper, same here with those North winds! I had my stocking cap on and my hood pulled up as I walked the yard to see if the rain plumped my iris up. By asternoon, it wasn't any warmer.

DH got a picture of lightning Sunday as the storm moved East.

Thumbnail by billyporter

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8473603

A very cool pic, BP!!!

Yes, most of the snow is gone. DH kept saying he didn't want to get the snowblower out and I told him to just sit and wait a few hours. It will be gone. heh

50, cloudy and perfect for working outside. I am reworking a side garden bed.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 5, 2011
3:34 PM

Post #8474382

Great pic, Sally!
Chilly, but sunny . No rain. Very strong wind. I've started to plant on the new veggie bed.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8474524

Warmer today with temps reaching around 60. Windy again too. Greenhouse frame is up at work but no plastic and the timbers aren't out to define the area around the greenhouse.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 6, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8475407

49 with a high of 63 Showers early, then cloudy in the afternoon. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thanks Celia! I haven't forgotten your most exellent photo of a strike either :o)

ROTFL over trhe snowblower! It pays to listen to you :o)

Thanks Adina, I am so envious (in a good way :o) of your beautiful big bed! I can see all kinds of veggies planted out there! A fence! Good idea!

Pepper, I wouldn't mind waiting for the greenhouse if the weather is still cool :o)

Another warmish day ahead and if it doesn't rain I will be out with the dandelion digger working on those and chickweed. I ran out of Preen :o(

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8475655

BP, I just got lucky. LOL

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 6, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8475674

Girls, I remember when we had a terrible storm a few years ago and I took 300 pics trying to catch a lightning!LOL
Sally BP, I just saw about your storm on TV...I hope it wasn't that bad for you. They said it was bad in Georgia. I'm glad for the veggie bed! Just finished planting onions and sowed peas, spinach and radish...a rain shower stopped me!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 6, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8475681

Ahhhh, the digital days. I set my camera on continuous shutter and have at it! LOL

Cool, cloudy, NO SNOW. it is raining off and on. 38
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 6, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8476846

Highs around 70, breezy, and still sunny!! Loving the sun right now!! We have more rain coming in. Ugh!! I want to dry out enough to get the garden bed tilled and then it can rain. LOL

Oh, does anyone have good ideas for herbs or small plants that kids can just eat from in the garden? My 3 yr old nephew gets into everything so I wanting to fill in all the holes in my bed with herbs and other leafy plants but need stuff his young, still developing taste will like. lol. I know I will have basil in there, and was thinking of kale til I tried one today. LOL.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 6, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8476936

We had nice weather today. Didn't bother with readings, just enjoyed it.
We were at the house we are installing the cherry kitchen cabinets. Put the backs on the island, the panels up on the sofits & doors & drawer fronts.
She picked out glass for the remaining cabinet doors. Need to order that tomorrow.
Now we have the job of making the fireplace mantel & making &installing all the doors, door & window trim.
Might be done by mid June.

Tomorrow we will be planting radish, beets carrots, & whatever else meets our fancy.
New Gladiolus bulbs arrived today. 6 new colors.
May start planting them Friday. Got lots of replies to help wanted ads, so now will see if any can actually work.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 6, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8476941

Close up of panel backs.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8477613

39/58 Cloudy with occasional showers this afternoon. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%

Dyson Dark

Celia, DH just kept clicking and got lucky too :o)

Adina, I guess it wasn't yor lucky day, LOL! You would think after all those shots you would get one! We were lucky. It wasn't bad at all.

You got garden in at a perfect time with the rain!

Pepper, at the moment I'm drawing a blank. I know there's something kid friendly out there. That's a good idea, so I hope someone can think of some things.

Bernie, If you're getting things in the mail Spring can't be too far off for any of us!

Her kitchen is just gorgeous! You do such an amazing job!

We took the jeep out for a short ride. It felt good to get out after being sick for a month!

Buffalo at a farm South of Nichols

Thumbnail by billyporter

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2011
6:25 AM

Post #8477953

It's now 57*... Later on t-storm or shower either one is come first! lol...

I did plant tomatoes in ground yesterday and today I gonna plant seed is beet, turnip and basil...

Tulip

Thumbnail by JuJu55

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 8, 2011
5:56 AM

Post #8480128

47 with a high of 60 Generally cloudy. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Precip: 0.76 in (est.)

Rusty, your garden is underway!

Love the tulip! I can't wait till mine finish coming up so they can bloom!

We had a nice steady rain last night! Woo Hoo.

April Showers bring May flowers!
ImaMes
Camdenton, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8480453

Pepper - Parsley is a good herb you can just eat right out of the garden. I like the flat-leaf variety. Oregano is good fresh, too. You might try thyme also, though the leaves are pretty tiny. I've heard of kids who like chives, too.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8481457

Thanks, I'm making a list. lol

Coolish this morning then warmed up nicely this afternoon. Bought 6 bags of compost for garden, dumped 1 then decided to hold off on rest til we till.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8484351

69 with a high of 85 Windy with scattered strong thunderstorms developing this afternoon. Very warm. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

ImaMes, I was just thinking about you yesterday. I do believe my Oakleaf Hydrangea is going to make it!

I never thought of Parsley and I grow Orange Thyme even tho it barely hangs on each year. I'm not sure it it lived this year, but I use it in cooking. I also grew Sage, but it gets about 3' around. It is perennial for me.

Pepper, I have a compost pile and still buy bags of dirt to stretch it out.

It's been beautiful here! We slept with a few windows open last nice. It was coolish, but breezy all night! It was heaven! I set chairs out in the yard, but are to have big storms tonight, so back they will go!

We had the Grandkids this week. We are now looking for games they can both play. HA! I've never seen so many dumb worthless games! I just wanted a checker board. I didn't find one. On the way home we stopped at a new little ''old'' store and bought them a couple of comic books. We didn't see the 50 cent box of them till after we paid $3.00 per book. Next time.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8484701

bp check at the dollar stores or Walmart for a combo pack of games.
Many times you can get a box w/ 3 or more 'old school' games together.

Well the weather here was terrible yesterday.
(Supposed to be in the upper 70's and sunny. It T-Stormed and rained about all day. Barely broke 60)
Only thing is we weren't here...lol!
Up in Urbana it was in the upper 50's and cloudy/misty until about 4:30PM then sunny and quite nice.
Got home around 8:30PM and found everything covered w/ huge puddles! LOL!
Eric, our neighbor, met us and told us about the weather here.
Our Friend Sue is selling some nice Perennials and we picked him up a couple of 'Pink Delight' Butterfly bushes.
Seems the pink and white ones bring in more Butterflies than the Purple.

Sunny today and heading, supposedly, to 80!

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 10, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8484828

Pepper, you can plant dill too!
Sally, comic books are great too!
Bernie,the cabinets are awesome!
I've finished planting and sowing, time for weeding in the flower garden.
It's cloudy alternating with sunny, but chilly. 55F and going down. No rain.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 10, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8485713

Dreay day today. Low gray clouds all day. Weather liars said sunny & 70 something. No sun, didn't even get close to 70!

Had over 1" rain last night. Would like to finish planting Glads tomorrow if not to wet.
Son got some radish & assorted early things in Yesterday.

We need nice dry weather for a while.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 10, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8485941

Started out nice and windy, then humidity built up along with heat. Then sprinkles moved in along with a cool front and now it's super nice out!! All windows open in the house and we also grilled tonight. Grilled chicken and potatoes with parmasan cheese and butter. YUM!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8486830

48 with a high of 63
Mostly cloudy. Some breaks a sun. Cooler. Wind W 5-15 mph.

Ric, thanks, we go occasionally, but I never thought of the games they have. I was ready to go to Kalona and see what the Amish have :o)

I can't wait to see the butterflies on the bushes! I did see a dark butterfly yesterday, but he stayed across the yard and I was in the adirondack chair draining the tired away :o)

Adina, dill! Boy my thinking cap wasn't on, LOL!

No rain but a pretty picture!

Bernie, I think the weather liars are going to be in fine form this year.

Pepper at least one of us had a wonderful day! Grilled chicken has to be my favorite!

We didn't get a drop of rain at all yesterday! Huge thunder clouds just South of us, passed just to the East of us, flashing all the way, but I couldn't hear the thunder. We could have used more rain, tho the temps have been nice! I've been weeding!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 11, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8488560

Everyone's busy today, apparently.

I think I found a good hired hand.
I got really nasty on Craig's list & mentioned I didn't like people calling & then not show up for work. I even fired one that I hired & hadn't worked yet.
Anyway this gal called this morning, (she had sent a resume that I got Friday, so hadn't got back to her.) She said she could be here by 9 AM.
Well she did 4 rows of Glads & then cleaned up this flower bed.
She said she don't know anything but is willing to learn. I like that!

Sunny, windy & cool today.

Bernie

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 11, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8488589

Sounds like a keeper Bernie!!

Well, today was a busy day. I locked my keys in my truck this morning so after work had to call my parents and see if one of them had keys to my truck on them. Neither one of them did so my mom had to rush home and get a set so I could get in the truck. lol.

Windy, temps in 60s and sunny!! Not bad at all. Supposed to get down to the 40s tonight.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8489000

It was sun, sun, sunny! here yesterday with a high of 80. Rainy today and rain, rain, rain! in the extended forecast with highs in the 40's and 50's. :-(

Almost time to start my heirloom tomatoes!

Now I'm sitting here wanting some grilled chicken.

Bernie...seems like you try to outdo yourself with every project! Beautiful!

Photo: Last years heirloom tomatoes...wish I had a few of these right now!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2011
3:28 AM

Post #8489323

42 with a high of 67
Plenty of sunshine. Winds light and variable.

Dyson Dark and we have a hoot owl. MY cats aren't going out in their fence yet!

Bernie, good for her! I hope she likes working with plants! Maybe she'll be a future gardener :o)

Pepper, LOL! (It's funny after the fact.) Thank goodness for parents :o)

Early, smiling over the ! in the middle of the sentence. I do that too. Your weather was perfect and so is the basket of tomatoes. I can almost taste them!

I'm slowly getting all the beds weeded. We have had good weather too and it's about time. Next week should be our last hard freeze. Please please please!

Dental cleaning today and then off to town to buy fencing and posts for the pea fence. Yayyy!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

April 12, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8490125

Good to see you posting, E_B! Yummy tomatoes!
SallyBP, happy gardening! I can't wait to see the fencing!
Bernie, you've got a good help!
Pepper, LOL! I did that too!

Very cold at night here, only 33F last night, but it's getting warm again. Rain showers forecasted for tomorrow.
It snowed in the mountains, brrrr!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

April 12, 2011
10:21 AM

Post #8490278

Greetings friends!! Hope everyone is well! We finally got rain a few days ago! Much needed too!
It has become very hot here in the last few weeks so temps are in the 80's! Last weekend we were in the 90's! Yikes!
My garden is doing very well & I can't believe I've had rose blooms since March!!!!!

Thumbnail by cindylove

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8491214

Perfect day today. Not to hot or windy or cold!! 72 for a high.

Got plastic up on greenhouse at work today finally. My boss called and asked that we do that so we had to grab several guys and abandon the inside for several hours while we got that done. We finally made it back inside but didn't get much else done. Just one of those days and we enjoyed the nice temps!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 12, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8491230

Planting Strawberries today.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 12, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8491239

Hey Bernie!! You are using the same style greenhouse we use at work. Just on a larger scale of course. lol

Yum!! Strawberries!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8492578

Cindy, your gardens look great! Hellebores, muscari, anemones, cherries and daffies blooming but that's it.

53 now but a storm is coming later this afternoon. 5pm-6pm, rain with snow later. After that, it'll be great.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8493742

It looks like Dad's time is near.
Last night we got a call that he probably wouldn't make it thru the night.
Well we just got back from Kettering and he's hanging on.

He's at peace and comfortable but shutting down fast.

At 92 he's given it a great run.

Ric
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8493795

Sorry to hear about your day Ric. Hugs to you all!!

Nice but a bit hot. Sunny with temps in the high 70s.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8494154

Hugs to you and Robyn, Ric. It's hard, I know.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2011
6:03 AM

Post #8494659

Yesterday, I was so exhaust that I go to fishing and got sunburn bad ouch and caught 5 white stripped bass so I has to walk in water to catch the fishes... So much fun for that but got my pant wet!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8494968

Those look great! Yum!!!

It's snowing lightly but nothing is sticking. Supposed to clear later. 36 and 52 expected for the high.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8495234

Cloudy with gusty winds. Winds E at 25 to 35 mph.

Adina, I love my new pea fence! Neat clouds!

Cindylove, 90 is too hot! What a beautiful picture and such huge roses!

Pepper, grabbing the guys doesn't sound too bad either, LOL! That's great tho. Now you get to work outside for a while!

Bernie, will the strawberries be planted out?

Celia, I hope that is the end of your cold weather! Love the blossom, sigh... It's so dainty.

Oh Ric, I didn't know your Dad was going. His last picture was so good. (((HUGS)))

Rusty, sorry about the sunburn, but gosh, what a catch! You are good with a pole!!

Celia, love the picture!

Tuesday, we ran to town for fencing and stakes. I nw have a new, longer pea fence! I love it!

The peas are planted :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8495240

It's along the pump instead of along the edge of the garden to the right, and here it will stay. We pounded in 7' stakes. It's 11' long.

Thumbnail by billyporter

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 14, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8496120

Dad's still hanging on but at Peace.
He is definitely going Gentle into that Good Night.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
9:46 PM

Post #8496776

Thought about you off and on all day, Ric.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8497007

Windy with morning showers evolving to a steady, soaking rain for the afternoon hours. High 53F. Winds E at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

Ric, I'm glad he's at Peace. Thoughts and prayers going out for you and your family.

Celia, that's beautiful!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2011
6:21 AM

Post #8497247

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SALLY AND PEPPER!!!!!

This message was edited Apr 15, 2011 6:23 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 15, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8497311

Celia, thanks! Those are sooo cute!

Pepper, how could I forget? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 15, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8497742

Happy Birthday to you both!

NE wind, very cold.
Garden worker is transplanting in the greenhouse. We were working in the shop, Finished the details on a hutch. Now it will be stained & varnished this afternoon.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8498057

Dad's still hanging on... Hospice is stumped...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 15, 2011
5:37 PM

Post #8498656

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Happy Birthday again Bp!! lol

Cold and wet today. All the plants we got in yesterday are in the greenhouse and the greenhouse is closed up to protect against possible frost overnight.

Sounds like your dad isn't ready yet Ric. At least he is resting peacefully.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 15, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8498800

Pep!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2011
2:55 AM

Post #8499198

43/54 Precip: 0.39 in (est.)
Windy with light rain giving way to a few showers. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Thanks Bernie! I'm glad you have help in the greenhouse. I'll bet the hutch is beautiful!

Ric, smiling over your Dad. He's had a good life on earth and he's just smelling the roses one last time. Peace to him.

Pepper, I'll bet it felt good to handle the plants, smell them and decide what you're taking home to plant :o)

We had a wonderful buffet chicken dinner yesterday and the older lady cleaning our table was a peach! DH mentioned it was my Birthday Dinner and she brought me a coupon signed by the owners, good for a free medium pizza. YUM!

It's still raining this morning and that's fine with me!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8499322

The ground is white here this morning!
32 Amazing, no wind!

We are going to the Antique Shop & have it open today.
See what happens.

Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

April 16, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8499323

Take pictures!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2011
5:32 AM

Post #8499341

Bernie, I hope it's a melter! Our wind died down too :o)

I'm with Elena...pictures!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 16, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8500338

Winds finally died down here too today!! This morning was cold and dreary. But by late morning early afternoon, the sun came out and the temps starting going up. Felt gooood!! Still chilly, and still need a light jacket but better than it was.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 16, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8500376

It only changed direction, it is now NW & very cold!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2011
2:37 AM

Post #8501189

33/56
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Pepper, I wore a stocking cap for the short time I was out. We had wind and cold. Not nice :o(

Bernie, we got a bit windy after dinner.

I couldn't believe we had snow mixed with rain, then snow, then back to mixed with rain yesterday morning. It layered on the ground and stuck for a while, but melted. It wasn't pleasant having winter back!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 17, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8501224

Dad passed away peacefully at 11:30PM last night.
My two Sisters were w/ him.
We had visited w/ him for several hours during the afternoon.

I'm totally at Peace w/ his passing.
Thanks for your support it means a lot.

Ric

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 17, 2011
4:22 AM

Post #8501234

Ric, thanks for letting us know. I'm glad it will be a celebration of his life. He was a lucky Dad!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8501683

So sorry, Ric.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 17, 2011
5:15 PM

Post #8502685

Glad he went peacefully Ric!!

Well, had some family over today and now I'm tired!! LOL. Between my nephew and a friend's black lab I'm plumb wore out after running around everywhere. lol

Very nice day today. 60s and sunny with no wind.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2011
3:24 AM

Post #8505705

38/39
Windy with occasional rain and a few thundershowers likely. Cold. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds ENE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Pepper, neither boy nor dog is going to run out of energy for years!

We brought my plant stand in Sunday so I will be sowing peppers, cabbage, brussels sprouts and tomatoes!

Yesterday, I cleaned the catch-all room and closet of my elderly relative and took a few knick-knacks and vases as payment. I always use the excuse that I've drug dirt all over the house and vacuum all her rooms for her. Then she tries to pay me and I tell her no. We do this every time :o)

Over the years she's cut newspaper clippings and really has a treasure trove since a lot of them where when the guys like my Dad were going into the service. I spent all afternoon scanning old obituaries and remembering those who lived here when I was a kid.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2011
1:27 PM

Post #8506822

Well, I have tornado warning around here but I am safe now...

Last Sunday, I did done with the concrete block raised bed and put the black sheet on bottom ground and put some leaves compost in it then mix up the garden soil, manure and humus with manures in it then I put 3' poles with 2" hex poultry netting around it to keep my dogs and any of creature out the raised bed...

This message was edited Apr 19, 2011 3:28 PM

Thumbnail by JuJu55

caitlinsgarden
McGregor, IA
(Zone 4b)

April 19, 2011
3:11 PM

Post #8507001

Nasty sleet and snow here! We had snow a couple days ago and now more. I think I have has 2 days that were decent enough to work in the garden. Bah humbug!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 19, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8507380

Rusty that's a Nice Looking Bed!

We had about 3" of rain from midnight till noon today.
Everything is flooded and the Ohio River is going over the top again.
The storm that's hitting caitlinsgarden should be rumbling thru here overnight w/ 2" more rain.
Just what we DON'T need.

Ric
Cumulus79
Londerzeel
Belgium

April 19, 2011
10:05 PM

Post #8507943

Hard to believe that we're so much closer to the northpole here in Belgium (51N) while we're near 80F every day and next week will even get hotter :s
Bananas, Ensetes and other exotic plants are allready in plain soil here without protection :)
A bit of rain would be welcome though, it has been completely dry here since half march...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8508057

36/51
Cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.

Rusty, I'm glad you are safe. The older I get the more worried about tornados I get.

That's a really nice raised bed and the dirt looks great!

Caitlinsgarden, hi! You are just far enough North of me to get the rotten weather. We've just had a cold rain. I know April isn't warm, but it's been a long April already, LOL!

Ric, dare I say, when it rains it pours...

Cumulus79, hi! Isn't weather funny? I am always suprised by people's zones. I hope you get rain. I don't like the fear of ''drought'' and I have so much to water.

We should dry up a bit today with the wind coming. I keep seeing all the weeds and dandelions I didn't get out of the big flower bed :o(
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 20, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8508562

About 5" since Monday... FL Rain!

Possible tornado about 20 miles south of us.
Also one about 20 miles west of where we built the GH.

Freight Train noise winds here but no damage.
Only lasted about 15 minutes.
caitlinsgarden
McGregor, IA
(Zone 4b)

April 20, 2011
10:10 AM

Post #8508844

WHEW! That was close! ;>)
Cumulus79
Londerzeel
Belgium

April 20, 2011
11:22 AM

Post #8508985

Maybe we get a thunderstorm here one of these days, but the chances are below 1% so I need some very powerful prayers to make it rain here.
We have several fires nearby here because of the draught and there are continuous sirenes from the fire department, but it is probably the fault of all those people who want to do barbecue in open air in these conditions :s
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 20, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8509676

Coolish yesterday and today with highs in the mid 50s if even that. Mostly cloudy today with chances of rain overnight and tomorrow.

Last night I went to the hockey game and had a blast!! We are in the semi finals and last night was game 3 which we won. Tomorrow is game 4. I will be there for that one too. lol. Gonna be a nailbiter.

Have huge shipment of plants coming in at work tomorrow so will be outside in the cold weather all day. Hoping we have enough room for everything. We set up several different pallets today to hold more plants and I dragged all the extra carts over too. Have even more coming on Friday. lol.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8510438

31/51
Cloudy with a few showers. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

I sneaked a look at our 10 day forecast and I'm hopefully optimistic that last night was our last freeze. We have a chance of rain for the next week, possibly strong Friday.

Ric, those tornados are getting too close! I sure hope the greenhouse never gets hit!

Is your ground going to be able absorb all the water?

Cumulus, it sounds really dry where you are! I hope you aren't in the path of any of the fires. Are you breathing in any smoke or is the wind in your favor?

I like your website. It's nice to learn about you. I started with your pictures, working bottom to top and got as far as rthe sky photos. I love them! You have a good eye with the camera. I'll have to keep working up when I have the time.

Pepper, I love how you enjoy your hockey!

Bundle up and keep your head warm! I'd be pretty excited about unloading everything!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8510465

Well the one in KY has been determined not to be a Tornado.
3 semi's and some trailer homes were damaged by 80-120 MPH Straight Line Winds.
The hwy I-71/75 worked as a wind tunnel funneling it right at the targets.

Off to Dayton.
It's going to be Sunny, Calm and Cool.

Ric
Cumulus79
Londerzeel
Belgium

April 21, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8511407

everything's fine here, we had some smell from rubber and burning paints but then the wind turned and the smell of spring flowers took over :)
Don't think the fire could get here as there are still quite some spaces without dry vegetation to catch fire. As long as I don't start one myself :P

Look how funny the weather maps are, even the hot deserts of north Africa are much colder than Belgium :D

Thanks for visiting my website and the positive comments about it :) I'm now working on a new one about plant swapping. It's located at floraswapper.com but still f-a-r from finished.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 8:35 PM

Thumbnail by Cumulus79

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
6:05 PM

Post #8512167

The last two days have been tough but very nice in many ways.
At Dad's visitation last night I met a Cousin I never knew I had.
Cilla is my Greek Grandfather's Sister's Granddaughter.
He died before I was born and I had very little contact w/ my G-Aunt Eleni (Helen).
Cilla is also doing a Family Tree.
She was stuck on her YiaYia's (Helen's) maiden name.
"Yia Yia (ya ya) is Greek for Grandmother."
I found some papers of my Grandfather's letters in Greek that my BIL translated and we finally have his Ellis Island name.
Found Helen almost immediately.
And an old HS Friend dropped by. Hadn't seen him in 15 years.

Dad had a Military Funeral and I received the Flag.
Taps are ALWAYS tough. ;-)
Dad received the Bronze Star in WWII.
The two Honor Guard Soldiers were very impressed and said they were especially honored to be there for his send off.

Ric

Weather was perfect. Sunny , cool and calm.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2011
3:13 AM

Post #8512830

44/54
Showers and thunderstorms. A few storms may be severe. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Ric, the Straight Line Winds are something else. We rarely have winds over 30 mph. so to see them come thru...

Cumulus, I'm glad your town isn't filled with smoke.

I think we are finally having a normal April. For a long time, March has had much warmer weather than April, and January and February haven't been frigid.

When you get your new website done, I'll have a look.

Ric, that is so neat! DH found his relatives on Ellis Island too. (Dutch) It will be nice to stay in tough with her and so nice that she came to the funeral.

Knowing that his service sent flowers to remember him and sent someone to see him off is always emotional. When FIL's old army buddy came to visitation, I had tears.

We get the boys today and I now have Checkers, I Spy, and Operation to play with them!
Cumulus79
Londerzeel
Belgium

April 22, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8513582

Finally we got some showers here, nature is coming back to life again :)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2011
3:06 AM

Post #8514648

48/62
A mix of clouds and sun. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Cumulus, yayyy, rain!

It rained most of the day here and in the evening too.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2011
8:02 AM

Post #8515154

Strange Bright Ball of light spotted a few minutes ago.
Either the Sun or a UFO... I'm going w/ UFO

greenbrain

greenbrain
Madison, IL
(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8515310

Tornadoes all around us yesterday evening, but all lives were spared & our community went untouched. Can't say that for the St. Louis & neighboring IL communities; such as my hometown of Granite City, IL.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 23, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8516149

Just rain here off and on. Today was mostly sunny so didn't have to worry about it today. Tomorrow and the next few days we still have chances. Heard chances of tornadoes too and even worse than the last one.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 23, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8516169

If we ever get over this drought we can start bailing out the water! LOL!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8518944

Not much sunshine here lately. It hasn't been nice yet either. I don't see any more 32* overnight temps, so I hope we are going to head into Spring now.

I mowed and hung clothes yesterday! The grass is sooo green!

I think I can pull a few rhubarb stalks already!! The asparagus has poked out and we ate three small ones. YUM!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 25, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8519724

Ric, we just call it the Day Ball. It's peeking now...

Warmer every day but not where we should be. Been busy digging new beds I have been given "permission" to have. LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 25, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8520320

MORE rain today! The Ark is coming along nicely ;-)
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 25, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8520340

Rain rain go away
Come again another day
EarlyBloomer wants to play...

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 26, 2011
3:14 AM

Post #8520910

ANOTHER T-Storm is moving thru... sing harder E_B!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2011
3:20 AM

Post #8520914

54/56
Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Celia, isn't it funny? We plan the beds with every intention of making them. The approval is just to make them happy :o)

Oooh, that's almost the shape my Butterfly Bed ended up to be. It was a small circle at first, LOL!

Hey Ric, DON"T take any mosquitos, flies, ticks, fleas, cockroaches, bed bugs, rats or mice on board. OK? The list keeps getting longer, LOL! I only started with the first two.

Early, that's a good chant for all of us!

I hoed, raked and planted 6 short rows of spinach before it started to sprinkle. Then I sowed all the seeds I needed to put under the lights in the house.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2011
3:21 AM

Post #8520915

Good morning Ric, LOL!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2011
8:24 AM

Post #8521451

BP, I had to appeal to his sense of logic. "If I dig the bed out THIS way, it will help when you mow." "I am taking out the grass along the fence. That way, we won't hit the new fence with the weedwhacker." "The front beds looks AWEFUL. The grass has grown into EVERYTHING. I have to take it ALL out and start over." "Veggies are SUPPPOSED to be grown in raised beds. (heh heh heh) What? Nothing..."

Rainy days. We have a couple more days of it and then, hopefully, some sunny days.

40, breezy, overcast.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

ImaMes
Camdenton, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2011
4:03 PM

Post #8522357

Kwanjin - Did you get snow today? My DH's bro sent a picture of it snowing in West Jordan today. It didn't look like it was sticking to the ground...at least not when he sent it. :-)

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 26, 2011
5:32 PM

Post #8522611

Cold, wet and dreary!! Rain all day yesterday and thru the night. Today it's just cold and wet. Bootheel of hte state is flooded pretty bad now due to a levee breaking due to flooding.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 26, 2011
8:29 PM

Post #8523113

I had to leave home at 5 AM to get to Mankato Hospital for surgery at 6 AM. I had a small navel hernia fixed.
It was raining when we left & we got wet going from parking lot to the hospital door.
This is the first time in my life my body has been cut open. Never a surgery or a broken bone. Quite an experience. The best thing about it was how nice & friendly all the nurses & doctors were. They took any scare I had out of it. All went very well & now I can take it easy for a month. Do you believe that.
Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2011
10:00 PM

Post #8523287

Yes, we did get snow. Snow, hail, rain, styro-snow and sun. Ahhhh...Springtime in the Rockies... Does your brother live in West Jordan? We're only a few miles from there.

Monty helps me at my computer. DH asked, "How does he help?"
I said, "By hiding the clutter."

This message was edited Apr 26, 2011 10:01 PM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2011
3:25 AM

Post #8523425

48/52
Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Celia, ROTFL!! That was clever, I just took over the mowing!!

I'm trying to get a small section of my bed raised in the garden. He just can't see it. Well, we're getting stones anyway :o)

Oh wow! I love the bed, and the heron, and the rocks! Buddha just makes it perfect!

Morning ImaMes!

Pepper, sympathy for your wet and dreary. Especially the flooding. I like April, but I'm ready to leave!

Bernie, as long as I know I have anesthetic, I'm ok with any surgery. I'm glad your's went well. You better take it easy :o) Stitches can be pulled loose inside.

Celia, Monty knows just what needs to be done. Let us know when he starts stacking it into piles :o)

We have another chance for rain today :o(

I dumped 4/10'' last night. That's a total of 1 & 6/10'' over the last two weeks. Just enough. The rain chances get less each day anyway.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 27, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8525144

Cold with temps only reaching mid 50s late afternoon and the sun peeked only a few times. Windy too.

I hope those of you in the path of the major storms are ok. Lots of tornadoes out there!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
2:59 AM

Post #8525590

41/55
Increasing clouds with showers arriving this afternoon. High near 55F. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Pepper, I read your weather and see mine :o(

Is this more than usual, the number of storms and tornados for the South?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 28, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8527056

Way more than the usual. Normally there are that many tornados in a year. This has been a very active season this year.

Mid 60s and sunny today. Strong winds but it still felt nice so can't complain.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 29, 2011
3:43 AM

Post #8527779

34/67
Sunny to partly cloudy. High 67F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.

Pepper, I thought so. Since we didin't get rain yesterday, and I didn't think we would. We rarely see rain two days in a row, much less three. I should be able to get out and plant later today. I've done all the busy work I can. I need to dig!!
tropicalnut777
Provo, UT
(Zone 5a)

April 29, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8528809

its snowing here right now... AHHHHHH
enough of this winter.. sunday is may 1st.. sigh
i wonder if im going to be able to put anything (tender) out this summer or not..

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

April 29, 2011
3:20 PM

Post #8528897

Weather here is just horrible this spring. Supposed to hit 70 today. Might have got to 60 before clouds & cold wind set in. It is so bad the things inside the greenhouse look terrible.

Not one kernel of corn planted in MN. Normally farmers would be done with corn & be planting soybeans by now.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

April 29, 2011
5:55 PM

Post #8529154

Nothing planted here either by farmers. Soil hasn't been plowed anywhere that I've seen. We've been too wet. Today was a nice balmy day but we are still wet so no planting.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 29, 2011
11:17 PM

Post #8529586

Hey, Tropicalnut, good to see someone from near home. Did you get much snow? We didn't. It was sort of hit and miss. Maybe more tonight?

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8529783

57/66
Windy with showers this morning then scattered thunderstorms developing during the afternoon hours. High 66F. Winds S at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

Hi Tropicalnut, snow? How depressing! I have a feeling Iowa is going to have a cool Spring. That's not good for my tomatoes and peppers :o(

Bernie, isn't that cold wind something? I've never seen so much wind. I have a feeling Memorial day is going to be freezing!

Pepper, we're a little luckier since we missed some of the rains. I see a few fields harrowed and ready to go.

Celia, glad you had no snow :o)

We have a chance of rain today, so I worked in the gardens all day yesterday. I planted all the early things, radish, turnip, kohlrobi, beet and the rest of the spinach. Then I watered all the rows.

The weeds in the picture are gone. I took pictures too soon, LOL!

Thumbnail by billyporter

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2011
10:04 AM

Post #8530311

3" of the yucky white stuff. It's melting fast and should all be gone by end of day or tomorrow. We heard a hummingbird this morning! Bet he was wondering what the heck. LOL

This message was edited May 1, 2011 9:20 PM
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

April 30, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8531078

Great day here in NW Pa. Sunshine! A friend took me to see a waterfall about an hour south of here that I didn't know about and then I spent the afternoon cleaning the yard. Apple trees are pruned and sprayed and I'm ready to mow!

Kwan...I think a big snowflake would take a hummingbird right out of the air!

BP...there's an idea. From now on I'll just take photos of my weeds and then just Photoshop them away.

Photo: Here's the waterfall I photographed this morning.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 30, 2011
6:07 PM

Post #8531100

Lovely E_B!

Looks like our street much of this month ;-)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 1, 2011
3:57 AM

Post #8531640

44/54
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 54F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.

Celia, poor hummer. He just got there a bit too early. I hope this is the last of your snow!

Early, ROTFL! I'll have you know I grubbed those weeeds out!

Wow on the waterfall! It's beautiful!!

The blocks are in, with DH help and I love my "raised "rhubarb bed!

Ric, LOL, altho flooding isn't funny :o)

The landscape blocks are in place with DH doing most of it. I also planted Glads and 100 onion sets. The garden is done for a while.

Thumbnail by billyporter

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 1, 2011
4:38 AM

Post #8531696

Hey it's RAINING!
The May Drought is over!!!!!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

May 1, 2011
5:33 AM

Post #8531755

Another beautiful day here in southern MN. Gray clouds, no sun, strong , cold NW wind. Temp around 34. What more could you ask for on May Day ?

Let's try a new beginning!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1177235/

This message was edited May 1, 2011 7:36 AM
tropicalnut777
Provo, UT
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8538267

kwanjin..good to see u here too!!! YEA.. we had maybe 2" it never stuck to driveway or sidewalks.. but stayed on
the lawn for most of the morning.. but by PM it was gone..
was nice day today..then got pretty windy late afternoon..
looks like this week were to have 70s.. it'll sure bring down alot of the snow..
rains it pours..
hope U arent near any rivers/streams...
provo river wont flood..its high..but not like waterways up N utah.. they will get flooding for sure..
:(

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2011
5:00 AM

Post #8538772

Tropical, hope you find us on Bernie's new thread :o)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America