Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Favorite Tulip Pairings

Communities > Forums > Pacific Northwest Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Pacific Northwest GardeningReplies: 73, Views: 665
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 2, 2011
4:31 PM

Post #8467456

As the tulips start to bloom (finally!), let's post pics of our favorite tulip pairings. I want to see your tulips, and how you have incorporated them into your landscape! I'm waiting eagerly for some red tulips to bloom paired with my purple muscari. My attached photo is from last year---tulips I grew in a raised bed for the purpose of cutting. These have not yet bloomed for me this year, and of course, sadly, appear to be coming up with much less vigor than last year since they are on season 2.

Thumbnail by kosk0025
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 2, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8467680

These are from last year. I like to mix them up!!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 2, 2011
9:52 PM

Post #8468085

Mine aren't up, but I've planted tulips Queen of the Night and Daydream.
mauryhillfarm
Vashon, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 2, 2011
11:08 PM

Post #8468135

I have no way to do pictures right now, but I have Queen of the Night planted with Yellow Cheerfulness daffodils, which are a pale yellow. Queen was my son's choice about 6 years ago when I made my very first bulb order. They are kind of petering out now, getting smaller every year, so I'll need to replant to keep my combo going.
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 2, 2011
11:13 PM

Post #8468138

That's too bad about the Queen of the Night, Holly. They're coming up strong for me right now (the first year), so I thought they might be stronger. But if they look like I think they will, then they'll be worth supplementing.
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8468502

Beahive---love it! I can totally envision your garden style with your pic! Cottage gardening----which is perfect in Silverton (one of my favorite towns by the way----tried to get my husband to move there when we came down from Portland a few years ago, but he wasn't willing to do the commute to Salem. I desperately wanted that old peach Victorian on acreage out by the Oregon garden that was for sale. I loved that house so much, and I still think about it. My favorite store for antiquing/vintaging is The Red Bench).

Katie and Maury---please post pics when they are ready! Sounds wonderful.
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 3, 2011
10:44 AM

Post #8468893

Must have been a melding of the mind during bulb ordering last year :) I'm anxiously awaiting my first year combo of Queen of the Night, Spring Green, and Angelique ( a double pale pink). And I enjoyed my first year of Daydream last year with blue forget-me-not's at its feet.

Right now I've got a lot of tulips budding out, but the only ones fully open are the Gavota Triumph tulip and Tarda - so just the little guys so far.
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2011
3:51 PM

Post #8469533

kosk Thanks so much. I do have a cottege style garden and the house is on the market if you want to think about moving to Silverton. All ya need to do is unpack and enjoy the garden & koi pond!! It is a newer home, no victorian...but I do have a cottage style shed.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8469542

The pond & a gazebo I purchased from The red bench is now covered with wisteria.

Thumbnail by BeaHive

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2011
5:56 PM

Post #8469811

WOW! Beahive! Looks beautiful! Why are you moving? Won't you miss your garden and koi?
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2011
6:17 PM

Post #8469860

Golden Ducat daffodil with Rob Verlinden tulip in a cutting garden. Pic taken today. Year two of growth, so kind of scraggly. I will be digging out my bulb cutting beds this year, and starting fresh in the fall. When you need them for bouquets, you can't have them scraggly. I buy those huge bags of tulips at Costco for my cutting beds. Superb quality and cheap. But I think my raised beds got a little bit too soggy this winter, so the bulbs haven't come back as nicely.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 3, 2011
7:31 PM

Post #8470094

Need to get my youngest daughter thru 2 more years of college & maybe help with grad school after that without her having to take out student loans. I also want to down size to smaller house (hate housework) and find a bit more land. I will miss my garden & pond very much..but ya got to do what it takes to get your children raised. Losing a ton of $$ on this deal. Great deal & a three season garden for whom ever buys this place.
The market is aweful!

Thumbnail by BeaHive

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2011
7:50 PM

Post #8470138

That is so kind of you to make that kind of sacrifice for your daughter. I confess though, that I never got a penny from my parents for school---paid for 4 years of college and then 4 years of medical school by myself. Still paying the loans. But I made it, and I'm proud that I put myself through school alone. However, providing an education, debt free, is truly the most generous gift a parent can give. We will be providing 4-5 years of college for each of our sons so they don't have to struggle as I did. However, grad school---they are on their own with that. My dad still tells people that the reason he didn't have to pay for my college is that I had the entire thing paid with scholarships----ha ha, not true. If only he knew (as he should have).
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 3, 2011
9:31 PM

Post #8470292

Beahive, what a beautiful place to give up...but always a new garden down the road. I've been in the same spot for over 30 years and sometimes wonder how it would be to start fresh and not have all my past mistakes staring me in the face. Not happening anytime soon, but still a niggling thought.

Kosk, things have definitely changed re college financing. When my kids were graduatiing from high school (turn of the century), I was appalled to find that parents are now "expected" to put their kids through -- when I was in college, my folks gave me a very small stipend to help out with living expenses, but otherwise I was on my own. Of course, tuition was about $300 a year or something crazy, so there's that.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8470969

Just read an article in the Seattle Times bemoaning the trend of state colleges accepting more out of state students than in state because of the increased tuition fees they get from the out of state kids. What a sad situation.
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2011
8:42 AM

Post #8471009

Colleges are very crazy these days. My Daughter applied to transfer from a private college in PA to OSU recently. They did not accept her Algebra 101(standard freshman algebra) and told her she needs two semesters of languages to transfer in. It is rediculous! Her major does not require languages!! She will moveback home in May and have to attend junior college to get these classes taken, then reapply. With the expense of college and the tough ecomomy why are they putting kids & parents through all this extra nonsense. Bonehead...maybe that article is correct, to save a spot for an out of state student. :(
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8471063

It is very sad. I remember being flabbergasted that my med school tuition was $17,000 a year (U of Minnesota, in state, 1996-2000). Now that seems like a major bargain. I think most in state public med schools are now around 30-40K per year. With that kind of debt, nobody wants to do primary care anymore for fear that they will never be able to even own a home for so many years. I owe only $258 a month for the next 23 years. (Loans were consolidated into a 30 year loan at only 2.25% interest.) The laws were changed recently for the benefit of the government: that government loans can no longer be consolidated by private banks. This was shocking and sad to me---it means that modern students are stuck with the loan rates that the government gives them, which run around 7-10% I've heard. It is a punishing load to push on students, considering the sky-rocketing costs of education. I was so grateful that my husband and I were able to consolidate ours in time. (He owes similar). This change was passed without any pushback from anyone. Our country's policies are entirely geared towards those who vote---older people. Students are having the rug pulled from right under their noses, and they don't even know it.

Okay-----BACK TO TULIP TALK! lol
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

April 4, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8471105

The tulips are beautiful. Mine are up and about to bloom. Just need a few sunny days. I to us the Costco bulbs. Have had really good luck with them. You must buy early before they sit in the warehouse to long. My hyacinths are up,love the smell. I have found with those you need to plant every year to get a good show. What have any of you found?

I heard that very same thing. What a shame our tax dollars not supporting our kids. I have 2 kids in college and you can feel the pinch. One is at western as a freshman and has a hard time getting into the basic classes that are perrequisits. He will take some classes this summer at Everett CC which will (I hope) help next year at Western.
I have other thoughts but to political or this site. Just thought Education was a priority with the goverment?
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
11:03 AM

Post #8471329

My oldest son at the Woodburn tulip farm last year.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
11:04 AM

Post #8471333

Middle son at the same place.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8471335

And last but not least, my littlest son and me. Same place.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

April 4, 2011
11:21 AM

Post #8471362

Kosk,
Your guys are so cute. Miss those days.
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8471411

Beautiful son's you have Kosk. Things are looking a bit brighter at wooden shoes. Must get over there soon. Love that place when in full bloom.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8471764

Cute bunch of towheads! Our tulip fields in the Skagit Flats are reportedly under water. Not sure what that will do to the crop. Or the Tulip Festival itself. When we first moved here (31 years ago), a drive through the tulips fields was a pleasant afternoon diversion - it is now a traffic crawl zoo. Still gorgeous though. I don't bother with tulips in my own yard, I just enjoy the fields and plant a lot of daffs.

Thumbnail by bonehead

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 10, 2011
6:59 PM

Post #8486256

I finally have tulips blooming! This white to red spectrum bloom arrangement surprised me, cause I don't remember planting it. But I did dredge up a vague memory of moving a few tulips around at the end of last spring because they were in the wrong spot color-wise. I guess this was the outcome.

It's an okay combo, but I mostly like the grasses and sweet cicely together with the tulips (which are as far as I can remember: white emperor, yellow appledoon, van eyck (apricot color), and some reddish one :)

Thumbnail by Kymmco

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

April 10, 2011
9:09 PM

Post #8486567

Pretty!
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8487568

Beautiful, Kymmco! Here's some of the Rob Verlindens this morning from a cutting garden. I like simple displays.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 19, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8507473

Today's bouquet

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8519370

Red tulips in the landscape, paired with golden colored euonymus. Also blooming are Aubrieta 'Dr. Mules' and Creeping phlox 'Scarlet Flame'.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2011
11:30 AM

Post #8519374

More red tulips in the landscape. Paired with muscari, my favorite bulb of all.

Thumbnail by kosk0025

kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8519383

Yesterday's bouquet. Tulipa 'Foxtrot'. Can you tell I love tulips?

Thumbnail by kosk0025

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 30, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8530284

Oooh, Foxtrot is purty. I like your hillside photo, and am also following with interest your hillside landscaping conversation on the landscape roses thread. I have a bank landscaping project going on as well (not as large an area) and am getting some good ideas!

The sun came out for a bit yesterday so I snapped some pictures. Here is Gavota in the foreground with Daydream and narcissus in the back.

Thumbnail by Kymmco

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 30, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8530286

At the feet of the tulips in the previous pic the tiny 'Little Princess' are blooming. I love the color combinations contained in this one little 4" high tulip alone!

Thumbnail by Kymmco

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 30, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8530288

I also have Daydream tulips in a different section of the garden paired with blue and white. Don't make me choose a favorite!

Thumbnail by Kymmco

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

April 30, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8530292

Okay, last one for today - Tulipa tarda almost hidden in multi-colored foliage. They are at the lower right with daffodil canniculatus in front, bleeding heart and heucheras behind, and Clematis alpina 'Willy' climbing up the wall.

Thumbnail by Kymmco

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

April 30, 2011
3:28 PM

Post #8530776

Kym, your combinations are always spectacular!
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 1, 2011
8:04 PM

Post #8533466

Thanks Sharon, of course I only take pictures of the ones that work :) I think bulb combinations are fun because there is nothing else to do in January but pore over the catalogs and dream them up.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 1, 2011
9:23 PM

Post #8533569

Love that last picture. I have had Tulip tarda for years and they still keep coming back.
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 2, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8534493

Thanks Willow - I remember your patch of Tulipa tarda from our greenhouse celebration at your place. Seeing them there was what made me want some of my own!
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

May 2, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8534743

I love the orange, blue, and white! Are those myositis (forget me nots) with iberis (candytuft)? great combo!
PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
5:03 PM

Post #8537771

This is one pair that Costco combined in a package last fall: Tahiti daffodil and Orange Emperor Tulip, The tulips started out shorter than the daffs but soon outdistanced them. Somewhere along the way, I remember reading that tulips continue to grow taller, even if they are placed in a vase.

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8537776

Here is the same combo in the garden rather than a pot.

PNWMountainGirl
(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
5:10 PM

Post #8537788

And a combo unique to my garden. Red Impression and the Mountain.

I love the Impression tulips as they come back year after year. This particular group is in the large pot for the second year so far, but Julie has some that have been in the ground for several years and they still put out a spectacular show.

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 3, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8537883

Well that's just no fair - how can anyone compete with that :)

Beautiful tulips and mountain.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2011
4:58 PM

Post #8540102

That is a postcard picture for sure. I like your pot also Sharon.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 4, 2011
4:59 PM

Post #8540103

Very nice.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 7, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8546041

These are from about 3 weeks ago. Hyacinths in Pixie's basket

Thumbnail by springcolor

bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 7, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8546164

Very pretty...except for the dang hailstones on your decking. What a crazy spring we're having.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 8, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8548248

These are the last of my tulips. I bought 3 bags and mixed them.

Thumbnail by springcolor

springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 8, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8548260

This is some tulips I bought at Emery's around Christmas for half price. I thought they wouldn't bloom because planted so late. Guess this cold spell helped here.

Thumbnail by springcolor

Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 8, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8548327

springcolor your tulips are beartiful.
springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

May 8, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8548667

Thanks Willow
patti47
Lynnwood, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 10, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8552061

These are the purple tulips I planted for my purple loving customer. The crocuses have died down. She is happy

Thumbnail by patti47

bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 10, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8552128

All very pretty. I've shied away from tulips for a couple reasons: Not too enamored of their after-foliage (how do you hide that?). Trouble with the critters eating the bulbs, so have gone with mostly daffs which they leave alone (same problem with the foliage although it seems to lay down better than tulips). They are a lovely flower though when in bloom, maybe I just need some tips of aftercare?? Especially when you plant a whole patch of them.
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 10, 2011
10:26 AM

Post #8552283

Well I don't plant whole patches of tulips, so don't have any hints for that (although a lady down the street does a whole bed of tulips interplanted with Oriental Poppies, which do a good job of hiding the waning tulip foliage, only I don't know what you do then to hide the Oriental Poppy foliage once they die down! I think she does a bunch of annual cutting flowers and lilies intermingled.)

I'm finding that Columbine and Aquilegia are both very good tulip companions for small clumps. They get big at just the right time and hide the nasty foliage nicely.
kosk0025
Salem, OR
(Zone 8b)

May 10, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8552425

Just buy the cheap ones, and cut down the foliage when they are done. If they come back next year, it's a bonus. Otherwise, it's an inexpensive annual. They are so stunning, my yard isn't complete without them.
BeaHive
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

May 10, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8552963

Plant daylilies as they are greening up while the tulips and daffs fade.
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 10, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8553072

I'm a little ticked off - my Queen of the Night turned out to be yellow. It's a pretty yellow, but where is my Queen of the Night?

I saw somebody on TV yesterday planting a layered bulb container. Daffodils on the bottom, tulips at the next level and then crocus on top. He said the main reason tulips don't come back is that they're not planted deep enough. So plant your tulips and daffodils deep, apparently.

He said you'd have color March through May. I think maybe my planting aren't dense enough. I wish you could put bulbs in in the summer, rather than the fall - having to get stuff in in October is my downfall . . .
Jan23
Salem Cnty, NJ
(Zone 7b)

May 11, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8554331

Yellow is definitely not Qof the N. It's maddening when one thing is expected and something totally opposite happens.

I tried a pot like that one year and it didn't turn out. Maybe I did something wrong, but nothing bloomed. Or maybe they were all dug up.
patti47
Lynnwood, WA
(Zone 7a)

May 11, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8554367

Cisco Morris said that daffs can be cut down after blooming. But yes, the tulip ugliness after bloom is a challenge. The purple tulip bed in the picture is a new bed this year and so still in the design phase so I will be watching this thread for the perfect campanion plants to hide the tulip remains. So how deep is deep enough anyway?
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2011
7:36 AM

Post #8554411

Not to question Cisco (who I've heard of but never listened to), but I've always read to leave the daffs to die off naturally. I usually just push them down and tuck them around something that is coming up. Has anyone tried cutting them down after bloom, and had good repeat blooming the next year? Maybe I'll try cutting some down and letting others alone and see if there is a difference.

Another daff note -- when do you divide a clump that is needing it (blooming less, very crowded). Mark it well and divide in fall? Or can you divide it now?
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 11, 2011
11:00 AM

Post #8554847

I think Daffodils are pretty tough. I'll bet you could divide them now, though fall would probably be best as they wouldn't be stressed by lack of water.

I think the only reason to leave the green leaves on is to help the plant photosynthesize longer. I don't think cutting them kills a plant outright. For years we cut them and didn't have any problems.

I found this about tulip planting:
http://www.elegant-tulip-bulbs.com/tulip-planting.html
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 11, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8556659

Oh no! Like you said Kathy, yellow is nice, but it certainly is not Queen of Night-ee.

Astilbe is also nice for covering decaying tulip foliage. In my yard Sweet Cicely is the queen of covering unsightly things quickly, but it definitely has some thuggish tendencies once established (just keeps growing, and growing, and growing...)

I also echo the daylily suggestion.

So far we have: bleeding heart, columbine, astilbe, and daylily as good tulip companion suggestions. Any more out there?

I have some long established patches of the plain yellow daffodil - I think you could dig up a clump of that and move it just about any day of the year and it would be fine :) Also, probably cut the foliage. I don't know that I would do that on clumps that are just getting established though.
Willowwind2
Union, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 12, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8558530

Hostas work great in shaded areas and this little white anemone.

Thumbnail by Willowwind2

Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 13, 2011
3:16 PM

Post #8560940

Well dang it! This is shaping up to be the year of mis-labelled tulips. My Queen of Night tulips are as advertised, but my Spring Green are pink. A quick Google suggests that what I got is Groenland (this link shows Spring Green and Groenland together: http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/977318-product.html).

Thumbnail by Kymmco

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8560945

Hmmmmm. Interesting. They are pretty, but when you're expecting something else, it's just plain a disappointment . . .
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 13, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8561278

Kym, dare we ask where you bought your bulbs? Sounds like they were either having too much fun in the packing plant or perhaps don't pay attention.. ??
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 13, 2011
6:06 PM

Post #8561341

Sure, but I should make it clear that I've ordered lots of bulbs from these guys and this is the only issue I've ever had. And I'll definitely order from them again in the future - although I should probably let them know that what was packaged and shipped as Spring Green... wasn't.

I ordered these from Holland Bulb Farms. Along with a few other tulips including this beautiful Queen of Night

Thumbnail by Kymmco

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 14, 2011
11:17 PM

Post #8563458

Gorgeous. I was at Greg Rabourne's native plant talk at Molbak's today and they had something similar to Queen of the Night blooming in the front pots.

Kim, do you remember the 'black' Fuchsia we saw at The Gray Barn Nursery? I saw it in a pot today at Molbak's. It was combined with the Tradescantia vine that has burgundy in it . . .Of course, they didn't have 4" pots . . .

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/231333/
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 17, 2011
8:28 AM

Post #8569096

Detouring to another bulb -- bluebells (skilla). I've always let that foliage lay around like the daffs to die on its own. Has anyone tried cutting them back after bloom? I have both daffs and bluebells planted in a fern garden and would love to cut the foliage back to let the ferns pop out better. Usually, I just tuck the spent foliage around the base of the ferms but there is always a bit of a transitory time that is a bit messy looking.
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 21, 2011
11:44 AM

Post #8577736

Often the combos the garden comes up with on its own are better than the ones I plan in my head. Queen of Night with chives in full bloom.

Kathy, I definitely remember that dark fuchsia. I'm not normally a huge fuchsia fan, but that one is stop you in your tracks gorgeous.

I don't know how much scilla foliage can be fussed with - on the other hand the Spanish bluebells can be ripped out and danced on top of and they'll still somehow multiply for the next year.

Thumbnail by Kymmco

katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8584825

Gorgeous. The yellow tulips did turn orange one day - and so I must have gotten the QON switched with the DD. I got one purple one, too, but not QON. I'm very confused . . .

I think bulbs like the extra time to photosynthesize, but in good soils, they don't have to have it . . . certainly NOT the Spanish Bluebells. They may end up taking over the yard, but they are so no fuss that I can't complain about them.
Kymmco
Seattle, WA

May 24, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8585134

Daydream always freaks me out at first when it starts out so yellow.

Hey, not to tempt you or anything, but Territorial has the black fuchsia and they're taking their final plant orders of the season :)
katie59
Woodinville, WA
(Zone 8b)

May 24, 2011
9:14 PM

Post #8585615

Oh, seriously? I might have to - love that Fuchsia. Thanks!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pacific Northwest Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Cannas and Agapanthus in the PNW? SalemSunshine 14 Mar 1, 2011 10:08 PM
Tomatoes - when to transplant? Leehallfae 17 May 5, 2014 8:08 PM
Anyone want some fish? Pixydish 33 May 27, 2009 5:38 AM
Does bamboo grow in Spokane? Adriaan 24 Oct 30, 2007 5:38 AM
only one bloom on my rhododendron this year JoieM 27 Jul 11, 2007 3:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America