Black eyed susan vine advise

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I am having trouble starting my Blk. Eyed Sus. Vine this year. I WS and have 1 tiny seedling. 1. Do you think it's because we've had too much cold weather?
2. I would think if one seedling sprouted, the rest are not going to?.
3. Should this seed be nicked?
4. Should this seed be soaked?
It's a big seed so I am wondering if it should have some sort of "treatment" before sowing.
Any advise would be appreciated. Temps to germinate should be 72*. We have some really warm days mixed with really cold days.
I haven't had trouble WS this vine in the past. I don't remember doing anything special to it.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

patience, our weather has been cooler than normal this year.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

I have 36 cells planted ,20 of them are 6inches tall,the others are in varius stages,I just saw 1 that is just germinating ,mine are under lights.did notice the seed case is not wanting to come off a few of them .Very hard seed case could be, not helping .Id bet they will pop soon

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

The ones I have under lights have sprouted. The WS ones are still doing nothing. It's 82* today. All my WS seeds should be popping today!

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Soon Im sure = ) 82 lucky you...its suppose to get to 70s today an sunday,then back to 50monday...we have had a very cold spring ,still having..acckkk

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Actully, it's pretty dog gone hot here yesterday and today. Low 70's is perfect and we have had almost none of that. We've got quite a bit of humidity and that makes it quite sticky. I brought my B. I Susan vines outside today in the shade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.