Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Fruit: Welcome to the Beginner Fruit Forum!

Communities > Forums > Beginner Fruit
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FruitReplies: 6, Views: 101
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8470714

By popular request, we've added a Beginner forum dedicated to questions and discussions on growing all types of fruit. From strawberries to grapefruit, all questions are welcome!

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Terry

Terry
Murfreesboro, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8470974

In case you're wondering, we have gone back through the other beginner forums and moved the existing fruit and berry threads here to give this forum a bit of a headstart.

It should also make it easier for the new forum followers to find existing threads on a specific topic, before choosing to start a new thread.
Wayne218
Perris, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 13, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8492216

I don't know much about figs.
I also have a fig tree that will not keep figs on it untill they ripen.
They fall off before ripening.
I am in zone 9b.

I think the heat gets them.

There are several fig tree in the neighborhood but no one talks about getting figs from them.

Wayne

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8492322

Hi Wayne,
Welcome!

You will have a better chance of getting an answer to your question if you ask it on a new thread. Folks look for new topics to help others with their plant problems.

Just scroll down past the other questions and you'll see the option to start a new topic. Just follow the prompts and you'll have a brand new thread where others can more easily assist you.

I'm not personally familiar with figs, but they are a popular fruit in the deep south...where hot and humid is the norm. I doubt it is the heat, but do not have any suggestions as to what it might be.
hipgranny63
Edmonds, WA
(Zone 8a)

September 25, 2012
10:50 AM

Post #9286083

Anyone in a cold climate grow a Meyer Lemon Tree? I live in Washington state and have had mine for several years, bringing it into the garage when it gets close to frost in the fall and out into the sunny patio in the late spring. In the winter, it sits by a window in the garage, in a large pot. Last year, I had over 20 lemons, which were very juicy and delicious! I would have had more, but I brought it out too early in the spring and some of the budding fruit froze. When it's in the garage, you do need to hand pollinate it as there aren't any bees buzzing around! But, that's easy with a paintbrush; you just act like a bee, going from blossom to blossom. I've had problems with scale in the past, but a heavy spray of Neem oil does the trick and it's non-toxic to humans. Here is a picture of my lemon tree. I'll be taking it into the garage soon.

Thumbnail by hipgranny63
Click the image for an enlarged view.

iskhan
Karachi
Pakistan

October 12, 2012
4:34 AM

Post #9302934

My papaya tree developing fruits 1st time but all fruits are drop without gaining size.
What should I do?

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #9305682

Hi iskhan.
Try posting your question on its own thread. I think others will be more likely to find it and help you out. I happen to live in a cold winter area, so am not familiar with papaya culture.

Just scroll down past the other questions until your see 'start a new topic' and ask your question there. someone should be able to assist you shortly. chances are, they won't see it here.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Fruit Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blackberries, blueberries and strawberries... RyanandRachel 15 Mar 9, 2007 9:11 PM
Cuttings from Old Apple Tree wildgardengirl 4 Mar 16, 2007 4:08 PM
Strawberries HighCntryGrdnr 18 Sep 4, 2012 6:23 PM
wondering about the fig trees sslopoke 4 Apr 14, 2007 12:26 AM
Queen Ann Cherry Trees lafko06 1 Apr 16, 2007 2:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America