Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Sweet, Sweet Woodruff: I LOVE SWEET WOODRUFF

Communities > Forums > Article: Sweet, Sweet Woodruff
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sweet, Sweet WoodruffReplies: 2, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
claregirl
Newtown, CT

April 4, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8470778

I live in New England and have a number of trees that have low stone walls around their bases. About three years ago, I yanked out pachysandra and planted Sweet Woodruff around the trees. They look amazing in the Spring and much nicer than pachysandra. Not only with their little white flowers but they are starting to spill over the wall making it ever prettier. It's easy to take care of too. I just rake out the leaves in the early spring and wait.

gwen21

gwen21
Gurnee, IL
(Zone 5b)

April 4, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8470811

Hi Claregirl, your site sounds like a lovely location for sweet woodruff. Have you tried underplanting it with any bulbs? I have little anemone blanda in and around the sweet woodruff, which blooms about the same time. I'm also a big fan of Kaufmanniana tulips.
claregirl
Newtown, CT

August 20, 2012
11:10 AM

Post #9247765

Yes, I have daffodils among the Sweet Woodruff.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sweet, Sweet Woodruff Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm glad I read this fascinating article Adaylilyfan 3 Apr 1, 2011 6:30 AM
Appropriate choices. gardenerLew 8 Apr 15, 2013 4:54 AM
Evergreen? vyskol 1 Apr 4, 2011 6:37 AM
Sticky Willie, I know it well steinbeck 1 Apr 7, 2011 5:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America