Calling it quits on winter

Waddy, KY

Yes, I'm declaring it's over. At least on my patch of dirt. I've got my peas, lettuce, beets, onion, and potatoes in the ground and the cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli plants are sitting on the porch ready to go in the ground after this weather rolls through. I've got the daylily field half done with the pre-emergent herbicide and am working on getting the blackberries trimmed out.

Calves are hitting the ground on a daily basis. The fall calves have been cut, tattooed and vaccinated. They're ready to go to the hill farm as soon as enough grass grows out up there to sustain them. The drilled oats are starting to show up in rows in the hayfield and the pastures.

Outside market starts this coming Saturday and Sunday. The rat race begins....

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Hah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still frost time here in Wisconsin. Lucky you, enjoy it and keep telling us how nice it is. LOL

Richmond, TX

Dare I mention that it was 87 here today? Not as nice as it might have been as it was also very humid and had winds of 44mph.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Somehow I fail to relate, Porkpal............:>)

Waddy, KY

Was warm here over the weekend. Right now it's rained almost 5 inches and it's around 40 degrees. Not very comfortable. The wind has been absolutely horrible. Things are wet around here that haven't been wet for a long, long time.

When it dries out we've got to get our cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower in the ground. It should have been planted over the weekend but we had the markets start and we had a booth at a home and garden show so that pretty much killed the weekend. The kids said the beets are up but they haven't seen any peas yet.

Still haven't gotten our taxes finished. I guess we'd better hurry up. My part's finished. Now DH has to finish his part....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images