Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Aunt Bett, Poke Sallit, and the Asphidity Bag: Old Timey Remedies

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Poke Sallit, and the Asphidity Bag
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Poke Sallit, and the Asphidity BagReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AMANITAMIA
Aromas, CA

April 4, 2011
9:56 AM

Post #8471198

The story of Aunt Bett and a young girl's adventures were heart warming. I was raised by a Grandmother who grew up in rural Missouri and whose "people" came from Kentucky. By the time I was born Grandma Nina & Grandpa Paul had moved to California from Chicago, had raised a family and became my greatest teachers. They shared their wisdom, joy and self-reliance that came through so warmly in Sharon Brown's story. I thank her and consider it a fitting tribute to their relationship and the joining of hearts in the garden everywhere.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8472184

Amanitamia,

What a lovely thing to say. Thank you so very much.
I am so glad you had grandparents who shared with you the very things I learned too.

It's good to hear from you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Poke Sallit, and the Asphidity Bag Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
So evocative of a lost time Zuzu 44 Apr 6, 2011 3:14 PM
Thank you! imapigeon 10 Apr 13, 2008 1:40 AM
Enchanting herbalbetty 2 Mar 8, 2008 12:41 AM
Shar, you are brilliant! flowerhead410 3 Apr 4, 2011 5:24 PM
Asphidity Dollykat 3 Apr 4, 2011 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America