some of my plants so far

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

http://cubits.org/RiesPlace/thread/view/53722/ I love my rose as it gets bigger and bigger every year the one on the arbor hubby built over drive way

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Pretty blooms Marie

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh Marie, those are just beautiful, that arbor could go on the cover of a magazine, it really could. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.
A.

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I agree with Jackie and Antoinette! Fabulous yard and plants, Rie!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

That Rose is like 6 years old. I started it as a cutting and it took over the fence so hubby built the arbor, Now he says he may have to reinforce it with wood as rose is getting so big. Thanks everyone. seems through all the bad some of my flowers have survived.

Those roses have dug in their roots and look like they like their home on that arbor, Rie. Ironically, I have my climbing roses in containers. Everyone has told me that I can't grow them in containers because they need a lot more room. Well, so far they are growing just fine and the one set of rose climbers reached the top of the arbor and might just be looking like yours this year. Very aggressive growing. I love them! And yours, too!

Mesilla Park, NM

I think I may try growing one in a container, do you think it is too late to buy some, I know they had them all bareroot in January here.. hopefully I'll find at least one climber.

You can grow them just about any time of the year except the dead of winter. I'd certainly get one locally or order online. I got all of mine in co-ops. They were bitty little plants and got big really quick in the containers.

Mesilla Park, NM

I miss my Golden Showers and Don Juan I had in CA. I'll be on the lookout for some this week, tomorrow is already gone, I've got to make a Trip to El Paso, TX with some ladies to an Art Museum and a lapidary store, etc.. all day will be gone there.

A.

This is one of my climbers called Old Blush. Actually I have two of them. One growing in a container on each side of the Cattle Panel arbor.

Thumbnail by beckygardener
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh I love the color Becky.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.