Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

April 5, 2011
4:21 PM

Post #8474465

Posted this in the Poultry section, but as it pertains to the Raleigh, NC area, posting it here. I know many gardeners also have chickens. A local person is trying to gauge the interest level in him stocking and selling organic poultry feed. It would be app. $33/bag, and he needs to sell at least 44 bags every 6 weeks or so to ensure fresh stock. If you would be interested in buying some for your backyard flock, drop him a line at bobking3@bellsouth.net. If we all get together, maybe we can make this happen!
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

April 11, 2011
1:48 PM

Post #8488118

As of today, organic chicken feed should be available at the Ace Hardware Store at Seaboard Station, just off Capitol Blvd, near downtown Raleigh. This is a "trial run." So if enough folks don't buy it, he will no longer stock it. Being produced locally, also, I believe. So all you locavores, who want your feed and food local and organic, get on down there and buy some. And then you'll have organic poop for your garden (You knew I would tie this off-topic post into gardening, didn't you???!!!!!).
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2011
10:37 AM

Post #8490325

Yote you can talk about anything on here it does not have to be about Gardening.
I have lost Bonjohn have you heard from or seen her recently?

Lavina
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

April 14, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8495912

No, I haven't Lavina--I've not been on DG as much as usual over the past winter, either, though, so she may be around and I haven't seen her posts. Definitely haven't seen her in person. Going to the Raleigh Garden Club plant sale tomorrow--might see some folks there. How's life at your house?
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

April 17, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8502907

Hope the tornado missed you and you are OK.
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

April 18, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8504423

Missed my by about two miles, though we were exactly where it hit on the south side just a few minutes prior. Stupidly, we had no idea we were in danger, and did not have a radio or tv on, though you could tell it was going to storm. Had no idea tornadoes were imminent. Were downtown for the Earth Day festival, then decided to run some errands right around Saunders St and MLK/Western area. Left the area, drove the 5 minutes home, the power flickered so we turned on the TV, and they were just showing it on the ground. I thought we had sirens here---did you ever hear any when you lived here?
LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC
(Zone 8b)

April 19, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8505810

I live at the end of the earth so no alarms just watching news out of New Bern and they said tornado comming thru woods in Arapahoe headed to Bayboro, well out TV went off just as that was said and either a jet from Cherry Point or the tornado went over the top of us.Bad wind and rain for about 10 minutes.So I stressed and got out the ice cream.
Our house in Raleigh is OK.

Lavina

This message was edited Apr 20, 2011 6:49 AM
yotedog
Raleigh, NC

April 19, 2011
6:37 PM

Post #8507490

Glad to hear that, Lavina! So much damage, counting my blessings...!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carolina Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Helllo Snoutherner 16 Apr 13, 2007 8:22 PM
Beautiful day Rosykay 14 Mar 20, 2009 11:32 PM
Flame azalea spartacusaby 20 Jun 21, 2007 4:17 AM
What is it? CarolinaTracer 6 May 5, 2007 1:05 PM
Hardiness success stories Tropicanna 102 Oct 16, 2007 7:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America