Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Spring To-do Lists: changing sloping grass area to plants

Communities > Forums > Article: Spring To-do Lists
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spring To-do ListsReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
meflotoo
Black Mountain, NC

April 5, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8474586

I plan t o dig up grass area on slope, too dangerous to mow, and make this area more garden with plants. I already have the plants in pots and some starts from seed. I just hope I have the energy to do this work. and finish it.
keferraro
Crown Point, IN

April 16, 2012
7:42 AM

Post #9084522

Planting on a slope is so much work. I have one bank that I literally sometimes lay on my stomach and reach over and another that I strain to reach up with the shovel. The one bank (that I have to reach up to) is now planted with blueberry bushes and I have decided that bugleweed will be my "mulch". One hint that I read recently is to form half collars out of roofing felt and bury them into the slope below the desired plant to retain water. That is my next project with the blueberries. Good luck with your project.
cowboydj
Rosenberg, TX

April 16, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9084735

Could you dig out "shelves" to make beds instead of having to reach up and down. Make the shelves wide enough on which to walk and tend.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spring To-do Lists Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I have a lot of landscape brick KristinDC 2 Apr 16, 2012 5:36 AM
Planning steadycam3 4 Apr 6, 2011 2:50 PM
Alternative plans jazzy1okc 0 Apr 4, 2011 4:25 AM
Have a healthy, algae-less pond? keferraro 0 Apr 16, 2012 7:50 AM
Changing sloping grass area to plants cowboydj 0 Apr 16, 2012 10:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America