***********GUIDELINES***********
BASKETS WILL BE OR CAN BE JUDGED ON

UNIQUENESS
CREATIVITY
USEFULNESS
FUNNEST
COLORFUL

I WILL ALSO SEND OUR JUDGE THE NAME OF ONE ITEM THAT
IS A BUNNIES FAVORITE & ANYONE WITH THAT SENDS THAT ITEM IN THEIR BASKET & IS ONE OF THE 1ST BASKET TO ARRIVE WITH THAT ITEM I WILL SEND YOU A SPECIAL GIFT ALSO .

WINNER OF THE BASKET CONTEST WILL RECIEVE YOUR CHOICE OF ANY OF MY SPACECOAST DAYLILIES
OR ANOTHER PLANT OF YOUR CHOICE .

PLAYERS

DEEJAY9
ROBYNZNEST
HAPPGARDEN
MUD_ELF
CAREYANA
FOTV
CRIS316
1BIRDIE
JANAESTONE
CRIT
TATERS
RIDESREDMULES

Thumbnail by deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

saved

(Joy) Hempstead, TX(Zone 8b)

double saved

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Oh that was quick, Char! They say not to put all your eggs in one basket, but I did, just this one time...LOL

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Ands it is so Neat!!! I love it. I'm still trying to download pictures. Please be patient.

Actually it is not a basket it is a plant hanger basket and has the cutest Egg Wreath as a topper.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Then we open it up, it was wired on, to revel the treasures within. Yummy Godiva Chocolates, Easter egg chocolates, Jellybeans shape like carrots and two little bendy bunnies for plant. A wonderous treasure trove. I can feel the inches right now , just looking at them.

Thank you Dear Fruity. ((((hugs))))))

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

You are so welcome, Char! Don't cha go eating all those chocolates at once :)

Well now you all know the "twist" I mentioned were just baggie ties to secure the wreath on on top of of the coir basket and twisted Easter ribbon around the top of it. Does the basket planter count as a twist...lol

I'm anxious to know if carrots were one of the secret items?

That is so very very clever Susan & As always very creative & as for the secret ITEM Our Judge will have to answer that Question I Sent the SECRET ITEM To Her :))))
well Done & Clever :) .

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow, that is so nice, and clever idea! Nice job Fruity!

Julie/froggiesgirl has a birdhouse swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1169215/

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

That is so creative, and stuffed full of great stuff! Yep you did good as usual. How in the world did you come up with that idea so darn fast.....heavens.

I think I have the hard stuff done, except for finding a box.....then mine will be ready.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Mine is ready to go out. Set it all up and took a pic. I had fun doing this. My DGD is too old for the Basket thing, this made up for it.

Thanks ya'll :) It was a really fun project. I found the wreath at the grocery store, of all places. They have a wide seasonal aisle, always have to cruise down it. That same day I stopped next at Lowe's for seed starter mix, saw the stack of coir baskets and a light bulb went off! OMG I said out loud...lol and asked the clerk if I could see if the egg wreath would fit on top. She knows I'm half nuts anyway. The rest was easy filling with candy. Char, I should have sent you something to plant..ack! Did you dig in the grass and find a little pen and egg note pad?

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Fruity, that was so darn creative...and I love that you used a coir basket - what a great idea!

I found the pencil of bunnyheads, Let me go check it out, I found it!!! So cute, I love it.
I got mine ready. I just wrote "gone to pot" on the box. Will leave this afternoon.

Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL(Zone 7b)

-Wow, I am wayyyyy behind on this, I have gotten not one single thing done yet!!. I better get to work,,sigh...

Yep ELF HURRY HURRY HURRY So You Can get in On the JUDGEING :))) Don't forget the SECRET ITEM
Like I Have :) HEHE But I Know Our Judge "JOY" Knows If I SENT It To HER :)

Waiting for the mail to see If My Goodies will be here :) then i have to go to town to finish it off before i can get it out in the mail.

I think I have the hard part done, but darn if I can get myself in gear, hopefully this weekend.....don't know why I am dallying (is that a word, well maybe not an English word but a Happ Word....)

Mine is in the mail. Hop, Hop, Hop!

Which way is he hopping, Char?

Had to read that twice happ, and thought at first you said Daylilying LOL

I DALLY Everday :) & It is fun at times :) But I HAVE to stop dallying & get to bed :) I played in the yard today:)
so good night all

Fruity you have those beautiful daylilies on your mind...rofl ;)
Deejay, I dally on certain things, don't know why on some things I get right with it and others I dally....just me I guess.

Yeah, which directions is Charlie hopping? ;) Bet it is funny to see a big beautiful red mule hopping? I saw a quick article on yahoo the other day where a girl wanted a horse and her parents didn't get her one, so she taught a cow to jump.....

Hop, hop, hopping in the western direction from me. Hop, Hop, Here I go. May Saturday, Monday at the latest. It's not large but i packed it as best I could, of coarse there is a Charley something in there....
I saw that with the cow. Hereford, it was beautiful.

hummmm....west of you, course there isn't a whole lot east of you......hummmmm....

Oh someone is gonna get a Charlie something, they will be so happy.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Happ
my grandma used to tell me to stop "dilly-dallying" and
get back to ......... whatever it was I was suppose to do:
usually homework or chores. I haven't heard anyone
use that term in a long time.

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Cris, we say that here all the time! My GM said the same exact thing and so did my mom and so do I and now even DD says it to DS - lol. Ohio is for dilly-dalliers :)

Golly gee I am glad I am in such a great group of all your dilly-dailliers...;) Least I have great company.....nothing more you can ask for than that....

Ok I know my mind works in odd ways, but things at work have been a little odd, but I have a new saying,
"Be happy today, because it will be worse tomorrow"....I thought it was positive...rofl, the other two women at work were cracking up but couldn't figure out if that was the glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty.... ;)

Some projects are easy for me to plunge right into, others I dilly-dally at --- and here I thought that was a Southern expression -- and others that need thinking about I just piddle at and hem & haw about what to do, like the naked bowling balls that need to be covered in mosaics. And none of the bike helmets have told me yet what kind of critters they want to be.

If you have a fridge at work, happ, tell those silly girls the glass can always be 1/2 full.

Yikes, just heard thunder boomers and saw a streak of lightning.....see ya'll later.

Sorry I have been absent again! We are hosting the Cardigan Corgi National Herding Championship at teh farm this weekend and today was the first day and I was the first judge. So I spent the last couple days really working to make the farm look extra special. Only today we had 25 MPH winds and 88 degree weather!!! Everyone is covered in dust and sweat. But it went well and I only have two more days before peace and quiet reigns again.

BTW, carrot jelly beans are not the secret item. Or carrot shaped jelly beans, or carrot flavored jelly beans, or jelly beans in particular. Sorry. But your basket was very creative.

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Well they were Carrot shaped Chocolate Reese's pieces, not jellybeans. Oh well, perhaps I should have included a pack of lettuce seeds.

Wow Joy, I didn't know you judged Corgi's too.

You did wonderful!! It is a winner with me Fruity.
Joy, that is a beautiful duck(?) doesn't quite look like a goose but then it does. Beautiful Bird. Love it's feathers....

It was twisted with much love, Char...lol
Joy, you gave me curly feathers that looked like that. Sebastopol goose, isn't she?

It is a pretty creature, what ever it is.
Thank you dear.

Yes, she is one of my older Sebastopols. And Char, she is a goose just has very curly feathers. Ahhhhh, see I missed the part about Reeses pieces. But still, no prize.
And no Fruity, I don't judge Corgis in the way I think you mean, I judge them herding sheep and ducks, not conformation. I am just now sitting at the computer for the first time today, it is after 10 and I have been up since 5:30! But it is working fine, lots of folks here and tomorrow we also will do a herding instinct test for dogs that have never been on stock. Wish it were cooler and we had less dry wind,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Joy a gal here from MICH Raises those & I Got a few Muscovy ducks from her & I have one left had to cut back no I did not put them in the freezer they are all out on a farm swimming in a huge pond :) except for my spoild mommy duck :) she's waiting at the door for me this morning , she followed me all over yesterday to grab the worms as i dug the holes :)

I hope to have my bunnies Basket ready to go out this week yet :) have a great day everyone 80* today then back in the 50's tomorrow i think they said.

Susie, My Chicken Abigail does that. when I go out, she loves it when I get a shovel. she runs around after me wanting me to dig in the dirt so she can find bugs and worms.
Love that goose. Hawks or foxes get mine, durn!!!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Quote from FruitOfTheVine :
Some projects are easy for me to plunge right into, others I dilly-dally at --- and here I thought that was a Southern expression -- and others that need thinking about I just piddle at and hem & haw about what to do,

OH Fruity .... I just saw my mother's face reading those expressions! If they are 'southern', then that includes southern Kansas too. lol Many times I am fixin' to do something, then get sideways and do something else. lol

There are so many quips like that, just can't remember them right now. Sometimes I forget that I am senile. ^_^

Great day everyone!

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Okay! I got too excited opening my box to go slow so I only have two pictures. Whoops!! :D

Here is the first thing I see when I opened my box. LOL! Too fitting!!!

Thumbnail by careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is a picture with everything in there. I LOVE Charlie! Sooo cute!

Charlene packed a great box! It's hard to tell, but the bell is part, and there is a pretty bracelet on the basket as well. The plant tags will be used soon!!!

Thumbnail by careyana

I am so glad you liked it. None of the clay was broken, how great!!! I made the card,with the bunny. one of the egg, the cross and Charley, also the hummer, I hope you can use the pot. I enjoyed getting it ready for you.
Thank you....
Hugs and
Nuzzles from Charley../.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images