Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cherieplease
Norwalk, CT

April 8, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8480641

Lovely use of line value, foliage variety, hardscaping and natural looking selection! One of the best I have seen to date. IF you are not a professional then you should explore the idea.

Sincerely,
Dawn in CT
ms_greenjeans
Hopkins, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
9:58 AM

Post #9396070

Hi Dawn in CT,

Would you believe I just now saw your message? I thank you very kindly for your comment. No, I am not a professional, just a crazy lady who has been bit by the gardening bug. This was only the second landscaping project I ever did in my yard. I got tired of fighting the hill; mowing, moss, erosion, and the like, so I wanted to make it easier to maintain. I got a quote for a retaining wall to the tune of $10K and could not afford that, so I created this whole thing for about $1,200 in materials . Everyone thought I was nuts. I hauled the boulders on a furniture dolly with a rope attached. I got the boulders and soil delivered in one load so that I could roll the boulders off the mound of soil onto the dolly, and then roll the dolly down the sidewalk and tilt the boulders into place. Worked like a charm. And there is really very little maintenance required; I only water during periods of extreme heat and drought. I specifically The ground covers keep out weeds quite effectively. Unfortunately, one whole side of the garden was destroyed this past summer (2012) during a construction project; they would up having to pay a landscaper quite a bit to fix the damage, so it is now a little bit different and much of the mature growth is gone. As you might imagine, I was pretty upset. The restoration was done just before winter hit, and we've been a drought here for a awhile. I'm anxious to see what will happen in the spring.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Slope/rock garden Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America