Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Landscape: Slope/rock garden: Lovely use of

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Slope/rock garden
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Slope/rock gardenReplies: 1, Views: 87
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cherieplease
Norwalk, CT

April 8, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8480641

Lovely use of line value, foliage variety, hardscaping and natural looking selection! One of the best I have seen to date. IF you are not a professional then you should explore the idea.

Sincerely,
Dawn in CT
ms_greenjeans
Hopkins, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
9:58 AM

Post #9396070

Hi Dawn in CT,

Would you believe I just now saw your message? I thank you very kindly for your comment. No, I am not a professional, just a crazy lady who has been bit by the gardening bug. This was only the second landscaping project I ever did in my yard. I got tired of fighting the hill; mowing, moss, erosion, and the like, so I wanted to make it easier to maintain. I got a quote for a retaining wall to the tune of $10K and could not afford that, so I created this whole thing for about $1,200 in materials . Everyone thought I was nuts. I hauled the boulders on a furniture dolly with a rope attached. I got the boulders and soil delivered in one load so that I could roll the boulders off the mound of soil onto the dolly, and then roll the dolly down the sidewalk and tilt the boulders into place. Worked like a charm. And there is really very little maintenance required; I only water during periods of extreme heat and drought. I specifically The ground covers keep out weeds quite effectively. Unfortunately, one whole side of the garden was destroyed this past summer (2012) during a construction project; they would up having to pay a landscaper quite a bit to fix the damage, so it is now a little bit different and much of the mature growth is gone. As you might imagine, I was pretty upset. The restoration was done just before winter hit, and we've been a drought here for a awhile. I'm anxious to see what will happen in the spring.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Slope/rock garden Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America