Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: This seasonís fruit; Euphoria longan: Dragons eye

Communities > Forums > Article: This seasonís fruit; Euphoria longan
bookmark
Forum: Article: This seasonís fruit; Euphoria longanReplies: 1, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
chikblue
Grants Pass, OR

April 9, 2011
7:44 AM

Post #8482519

Very interesting article. I have never heard of this tree. I was curious do you know Monsieur Vlack?
I did a internship at Conservatoire et Jardins Botaniques de Nancy. I always wanted to visit
Madagascar when I was an intern. The Botanical garden was affliated with a botanical garden there on Reunion Island. It must be wonderful to be close to so many unusual plants. I have heard over the years that Madagascar has had difficult times keeping the native plant due to forestry.

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

April 10, 2011
1:44 AM

Post #8484326

Yes, I happen to know Mr Valck who came on Reunion several times to work on the palms garden, a charming person indeed.
Madagascar is amazing although probably 60 to 70 per cent of the whole country has been devastated and keeps being slashed and burnt, this is one of the poorest country in the world so nature protection is not a point for most inhabitants alas...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: This seasonís fruit; Euphoria longan Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
This seasonís fruit; Euphoria longan CarmenIvette_1 16 Apr 10, 2011 6:30 PM
Yum! darius 4 Apr 8, 2011 5:19 AM
Longan, my favorite fruit luv2wok 3 Apr 8, 2011 10:05 PM
Boy are you lucky! cybercrone 1 Apr 22, 2011 5:20 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America