Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Antiques and Collectibles: Help Needed Regarding Russian Amber

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 4, Views: 126
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

slvrwilo

slvrwilo
Loudonville , OH
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2011
2:52 PM

Post #8483365

I have a Russian Honey Amber Pendant. It has a carved picture of a man on one side with a "P" under the picture. On the back of the pendant there is a Russian sickle & hammer and the year 1921 carved or stamped into the amber. I suspect this may be rather valuable but I have no idea where to take it. Do I take it to an antique dealer or a jeweler? We really don't have any high quality tradesmen of either profession in our area. Any suggestions?

Thumbnail by slvrwilo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

slvrwilo

slvrwilo
Loudonville , OH
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2011
2:54 PM

Post #8483367

Here is the back of it. . On the bottom right you can see part of the date & insignia.

Thumbnail by slvrwilo
Click the image for an enlarged view.

velveteena
Seattle, WA

April 11, 2011
10:29 PM

Post #8489208

Sorry I'm of no help to you, but it IS a lovely piece---for the amber, anyway. Where on earth did you acquire such a thing?

slvrwilo

slvrwilo
Loudonville , OH
(Zone 5b)

April 12, 2011
9:04 AM

Post #8490134

I am a retired wire sculpture jeweler & I got it off of Ebay about 18 years ago. Now I am trying to dispose of all my jewelry supplies & I ran across it in one of the boxes. I had forgotten about it. I would like to know whether it is something that belongs in a museum or if it is valuable or what?
schickenlady
Sherrie In, NH
(Zone 5a)

April 16, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8500261

Its not an ordinary amber piece.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America