Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

April 9, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8483798

Well, today I broadcasted a ton of marigold seed in the 150 foot long bed that I have going down a lane...dont reckon much of the seed will start, but hey, if it does, it will be a long border of golds there! Some of my seed harvested from last years plants looked a bit puny. time will tell. I have some more to throw in there.

The marigolds will line up with the orange daylilies I got going on in there. I plan to add multi colors of four oclocks again and what ever other annuals I can scronge up.

There are some austrailian willows in the bed so it will be partly sunny and shady. There are some daffs on the border too and pansys already trying to come up through the mulch.

Guess I will have to take a new pic of it. I was also hoping to tuck in some cannas between the trees.. right now picture it where the punkins are and replace those with some dafs... the dafs are not blooming though!

This was last fall at punkin time. the year before I had gorgeous yellow mums in that bed in the fall.

And sow it begns.. all I can hope for is a lot of color!

The seed I tossed in there are seeds from the marigolds that I had last year that did so well and some got to be 5 foot tall.. I dont think they will do 5foot in that bed, the soil is poorer than the pots I had them growing in last year.

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
Click the image for an enlarged view.

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Annuals Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Top 10 favorites poppysue 56 Aug 11, 2009 7:33 PM
Needs Dark to Germinate??? BJT72 24 Apr 10, 2007 9:07 PM
gomphrena strawberry fields rylaff 5 Nov 23, 2009 12:17 AM
Annual Flowers for Special Uses - Adapted NatureWalker 11 Feb 18, 2008 5:25 PM
sweet potato vines llslee 11 Oct 19, 2009 4:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America