-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8485717

Rule number one is HAVE FUN! If you can't bring a sense of humor or a smile to the party don't come.

Rule number two is about the "gifting" of birthday goodies. New plan that I hope will solve the problems of most of the people with financial issues. All goodies must fall into one of these 3 categories:

1. A handmade or crafted something that you do. Most everyone I know on DG sews, paints, crafts or does some sort of hobby that they could share in some small way with the birthday people. If it is only a handmade card that you can send for $.44 that is terrific.

2. Second category would be plants. Hey we are a gardening forum after all. A lot of folks have extras or starts or cuttings. Send what you can afford to ship.

3. Gift cards for plants, or gardening related items or anything else that people have mentioned in their wishlists. I am not going to set an amount. Make it whatever your budget allows. Once again it is about the thought and the effort. Anyone that does crafts would love a card to Micheals or JoAnns etc. I know I would. Keep in mind a lot of gift cards can be done online eliminating the postage issue all together.

Now that we have the ground rules set I encourage everyone to go to the New Likes and Dislikes link and adjust their posts accordingly. List your plant wants. List the places you like to shop or would like a gift card from.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
MaggieHanson (Maggie) March 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8144395
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Janaestone - (Dianae) April 12 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886210
JenniferShipway (Jennifer) April 22 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8275040
Merrymath (Mary) April 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8291134
momoftwo607 (Erin) May 6 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7885884
Crit (Patti) May 10 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8217784
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

New Likes/ Wants Thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1107561/

This message was edited Apr 14, 2011 12:09 PM

This message was edited May 3, 2011 6:07 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2011
3:53 PM

Post #8485726

Sorry I just realized that we needed a new thread. Been a little nutso around here lately. Keep the April birthday goodies rollin', rollin', rollin Rawhide... (Don't ask) :0)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2011
5:17 PM

Post #8485921

I can name that tune...lol

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8485944

Me too LOL
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 10, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8486160

Loved that tune and TV Show.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 10, 2011
7:09 PM

Post #8486290

Rowdy Yates :) That's where I fell in love with Clint Eastwood lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 10, 2011
8:18 PM

Post #8486457

Good to see you Michelle. You don't get around often these days. Nursery must be really keeping you hopping!
Yes, 91 is way too warm for April here. Going back to the 70's & 80's next week. 70's is more where it should be. We are so dry, I noticed the henbit weed in my yard are starting to wilt!!!!!!!!!
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8486876

April babies, I'm sorry for not having sent to you yet. I have your things, but no boxes...duh, Maggie. Boxes arent my excuse though. Since Keith has been gone, I've been in a grouchy rutt and haven't done much of anything that I should have. I will let you know when they're on their way. Your days are special to me, really. I'm just not in the greatest of moods and it's probably best that I don't leave my house until I can be a "nice" person to anyone I may come in contact with.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 11, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8487271

I still got to do Jennifer B'day Box. I have it started...
Di, so glad you like the box. those markers on your plants are butterflies I made of clay and couldn't figure out what to do with them. tada!!! Plant markers. so happy you like everything...
Maggie, we love you and know you are worried.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8487429

MaggieHanson wrote: I'm just not in the greatest of moods and it's probably best that I don't leave my house until I can be a "nice" person to anyone I may come in contact with.

I can so relate to this Maggie. Believe me I know what you mean. I've been avoiding a lot of things lately just because I don't want to vent to someone or end up in a soggy crying mess. We'll get through this kiddo.. :0)
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 11, 2011
12:21 PM

Post #8487952

Maggie and Neener,
So sorry for your sadness and uncertainty right now. Just know we love you both and send (((hugs))) your way.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 11, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8487955

{{{HUGS}}} Maggie.

{{{HUGS}}} Neener.

~Hang in there~
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8488135

Jennifer, thank you so much!

Of all the candles I've tried, I did not have a warmer and this one came with 3 different scents.
Two calendars, one for my purse and a wall calendar – each month has a slot for a photo, very cool since I'm a photo nut.
A Love bookmark with a lapel pin and an assortment of teas.
A match holder to light a huge amount of votives and tarts that were included. The tarts smell especially yummy, Jen. Did you make them?
A dozen glass votive holders, 3 key rings and a B-Day Card with a special message inside :)

We have no excuse now to have light should the power flick off...lol Can hardly wait to try the tarts and warmer.

Lots of hugs & love to all you special friends ♥♥♥

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8488158

Excellent gifts there Fruit Cake. I'm so glad to see all the new people participating and doing such a great job.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2011
3:33 PM

Post #8488359

It's been like Christmas.

OK you April and May gals receiving Bluestone Gift Certificates from me, check out their 50% off sale while you're at it.

http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/scan/co=1/st=db/fi=products/sf=disc/se=0/op=>/nu=1/sf=disc/se=10000/op=

(((MIchelle))) Hubby just brought me your card and seeds. They were stuck inside a motor head magazine he received today. What a special card!
And I had never heard of Cerinthe "Pride of Gibraltar". It looks like a neat annual that will love my full sun, and will get the seeds in starter mix tomorrow :)

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8488376

I'm gonna try and make myself wait until memorial week, when they have there cleaning out sale. Save some big bucks!

Erin
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 11, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8488587

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Jennifer, thank you so much!

Of all the candles I've tried, I did not have a warmer and this one came with 3 different scents.
Two calendars, one for my purse and a wall calendar – each month has a slot for a photo, very cool since I'm a photo nut.
A Love bookmark with a lapel pin and an assortment of teas.
A match holder to light a huge amount of votives and tarts that were included. The tarts smell especially yummy, Jen. Did you make them?
A dozen glass votive holders, 3 key rings and a B-Day Card with a special message inside :)

We have no excuse now to have light should the power flick off...lol Can hardly wait to try the tarts and warmer.

Lots of hugs & love to all you special friends ♥♥♥

Yes I made the wax tarts. I am glad that you enjoyed your gifts. I love wax warmers and wax tarts so when I seen that you like different scents I was like I know what I can make for you to enjoy.

Jennifer

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2011
8:13 PM

Post #8489024

You had me pegged and did an excellent job making them, Jennifer, and can't believe how many different scents I have to try now. The note in your card was extra special.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2011
6:33 AM

Post #8489709

Happy Happy Birthday, Dear DI! Now you can open your cards and gifts...lol

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 12, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8489791

Happy Birthday Di! Have a wonderful day!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8490206

Happy Birthday Di...your birthday box should be there tomorrow.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2011
9:49 AM

Post #8490207

Fruity and Jennifer, yours should be there tomorrow too. I haven't mailed Mary's. Wasn't she not leaving until the 20th?
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8490282

Thanks, everyone! I turned the big 5-0 today, DH is loving it as he turned 50 last June and I've been telling everyone my husband was in his fifties and I was much younger still in my forties - no more of that! :) DH had a surprise party for me on Sunday - he is the most un-party man I know and he kept it so well hidden. The best part of the party was watching everyone tell him what a great job he did - he was so proud that I was so surprised by it all; I loved seeing him like that. It was a beautiful day for a party - warm 85 degrees (we broke a record here) with a wonderful breeze and lots of sun. I've had it snow on my birthday here before so it was really odd. DH said after 50 years of living I deserved a nice day for my party - lol.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8490288

Happy Birthday Di!!! Sorry I'm late today. Hope everyone is doing super. Raining cats and dogs here, but it sure is getting green!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2011
10:31 AM

Post #8490305

On Saturday when I was posting pictures of my boxes the electric went out when i was in the middle of putting up Jennifer's gift to me. It was so nice it took out the electric! Here's what was included: A cute perpetual calendar with different scenes for the time of year, lots of different tarts in pretty colors - I'm a candle nut and these are perfect, a dozen glass votive holders - I can so use these, Jennifer!, a cute dolphin necklace, football stakes, 3 different keychains, a purse calendar which I really, really needed, a scrapbook which I will put to good use by making it of my birthday party a few days ago (I wondered why DD was so excited when she saw it on Saturday), and different sizes of bird nest to decorate with. Thank so much, Jennifer, I really like everything!

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 12, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8490307

Thanks, neener - I sent the rain your way - yesterday was nuts around here with all the rain, today it's in the high 50's but it's sunny at least.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2011
12:15 PM

Post #8490545

Happy Birthday Di! I knew today seemed special for some reason! ;) I am thinking that I might wait until July to send out your bday present, you know why. =) Let me know if thats alright with you. Hope you had an awesome day!

Erin
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 12, 2011
3:38 PM

Post #8490952

happy birthday Di! You should be getting my present either tomorrow or Thurs, since I put it in the mail on Saturday.

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8490988

♫♥Happy Birthday Dear Di.♪♫
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 12, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8491127

I got my b'day present from Fruity today. A gift certificate to Bluestone Perennials! Yipeeeeeeee I'm so excited! Thank you Fruity!!!! I can't decide which I want... there are so many neat things. Thanks again Fruity!!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 12, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8491374

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Di! My order came yesterday, so hope to get your card and Jennifer's in the mail tomorrow or Thursday. Will let you both know when it goes out.
Susan, glad to hear the card and seeds made it to you. I haven't tried growing that type of seed before either, but it sounded like one you might enjoy. Keep me posted on how they do.
Well, need to go for now. Take care all!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
4:11 AM

Post #8492174

Play nice ladies LOL! I will be off the grid today. Might be able to check in later at my parents, but who knows. Miss you already...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8492179

Have a nice day and a good time.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2011
9:43 AM

Post #8492679

Last night DH and DD took me out to the steakhouse for dinner and it was so good. It was Texas Road House and I love their steaks and sweet potatoes. DS came home after work and I was able to open my cards finally. I received a gift card to Bluestone from Fruity and one to HD from Neener - thanks to both of you so much! I will be stopping by HD this afternoon to get some boxwoods for my formal garden. Tonight I will head off to the Bluestone link above to check out their 50% off (quite appropriate!) sale. I definitely appreciate the gift cards!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
3:52 PM

Post #8493521

Ohhhhhhhhhh, 50% off !!!!!! I need to go there too!!!!

Texas Roadhouse is our favorite place to eat. Haven't had a good steak that tastes like theirs anywhere else, even home.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8493743

Texas Roadhouse is one of my fav restaurants and always order one of the skillet dishes and a margarita to wash it down.

Patti, start scoping out Bluestone's 1/2 off sale and get a wish list going.

Two more wonderful B-Day boxes came today. The first one I opened was from you, Twyla…..

Thank you for the beautiful card and personal message :) Then I found 2 Butterfly wind chimes, a metal sign with a Dragonfly that says “Friends”, a pair of Bic fine-point pens, Allium “Drum Sticks” bulbs, and the most unusual bag Hummingbird feeder. The flag is already hung, along with the wind chimes.

It’s ironic the garden flag you sent me last year for my B-Day is flying at our mailbox.

Patti, yours is coming up next.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:18 PM

Post #8493754

I had to laugh when I saw the bag of H2O crystals since we were just talking about them on another thread, Patti. Other gifts included a pack of Hummingbird Wildflower seeds, PINK “Garden For The Cure” spray nozzle & pruners, and a roll of plant twist ties. The Froggie wind chime is already hung and the cool “Welcome” Mushroom and Garden Stone that says “Love My Garden” are in my gardens.

Have to tell you gals that I'm overwhelmed being showered with so many great gifts & B-Day wishes.

Love my gifts and all of you too!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8493767

Twyla's flag...I had to wait til the wind died down a bit to get a decent photo.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:23 PM

Post #8493771

Patti's cool Mushroom...

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8493776

Here's a close-up of your "Love My Garden" rock, Patti.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:26 PM

Post #8493778

Here's my Butterfly wind chime from you, Twyla, tinkling in the wind.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8493779

I had to laugh about the water crystals too. lol Mine says to put in the soil and mix up, that's why I was confused about the ones you put in water.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8493782

And here's your Froggie Wind Chime, Patti.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8493793

I saw that froggie windchime, and immediately though of you. Tried to get as many froggie things as I could find.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8493813

I'm going to use the H2O water crystals you and Mary sent me in my hanging baskets. Just soaked replacement coconut liners for them today and molded them to fit in the baskets.

OK, Let's try the Froggie chime again since you can't really see the filagree metal work.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
6:13 PM

Post #8493877

Oh ya, that is better. He's just too cute!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 13, 2011
8:45 PM

Post #8494203

Di and Jennifer, your cards are in the mail, signed by me and my guide dog :)
Di, that surprise party you had on Saturday sounds wonderful... What a fun surprise! And it sounds like you had quite a delicious dinner last night :)
Susan, with all of those windchimes tinkling in the breezes, it must sound quite musical in your gardens :) Bet they're quite pretty, too!
Crit, 70's does sound more appropriate for this time of year! Hopefully that will refresh your plants :)
And, I have been having fun planting and caring for my garden. Contemplating where and what I can plant in the yard now that my planters on the deck are getting filled. Plus I've had some other things keeping me busy, too, so it's been nice having a few moments to stop by to chat a bit.
Take care, and you all have a great day tomorrow!
Michelle
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8494539

janaestone wrote:On Saturday when I was posting pictures of my boxes the electric went out when i was in the middle of putting up Jennifer's gift to me. It was so nice it took out the electric! Here's what was included: A cute perpetual calendar with different scenes for the time of year, lots of different tarts in pretty colors - I'm a candle nut and these are perfect, a dozen glass votive holders - I can so use these, Jennifer!, a cute dolphin necklace, football stakes, 3 different keychains, a purse calendar which I really, really needed, a scrapbook which I will put to good use by making it of my birthday party a few days ago (I wondered why DD was so excited when she saw it on Saturday), and different sizes of bird nest to decorate with. Thank so much, Jennifer, I really like everything!

I am happy that you like everything.

Jennifer
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8494551

Hello,

I have got package from some of you and I will post pictures later on. I want to say thank you to those that have sent me gifts. But I had got the greatest gift this year for my Birthday which only God can Give. I found out that I am pregnant so I am very excited about that. Just that I would share the good news with all of you.

Jennifer

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 14, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8494633

Bless you and your new tadpole. I got to get your box ready dear girl... Congratulations...((()))
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2011
6:07 AM

Post #8494666

Hello everyone, Goodness Susan, you made a haul for your Birthday and dear friend, you do so deserve it. I'm so glad that your Birthday has been good and lasting.
Jennifer, when I read your post I got goose bumps and tears of joy for you for two reasons. One, you are pregnant and two, you gave credit where credit is due...to God. Best wishes for you and your little miracle. Hope my gift is among those you have. It was mailed the 6th.
Faye
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
12:10 PM

Post #8495384

dahtzu wrote:Hello everyone, Goodness Susan, you made a haul for your Birthday and dear friend, you do so deserve it. I'm so glad that your Birthday has been good and lasting.
Jennifer, when I read your post I got goose bumps and tears of joy for you for two reasons. One, you are pregnant and two, you gave credit where credit is due...to God. Best wishes for you and your little miracle. Hope my gift is among those you have. It was mailed the 6th.
Faye

Yes I got your box and I love all the plants I have planted the plants in pots and did not take a picture of the plants so sorry about that. With you and other on here now I can say that I have house plants. Thanks so much.

Yes I think people forget that things happen for a reason from God. I willl say that God has always been there for me when I needed hhim to. Sometimes you ? yourself why things happen but there is alway a reason. I know from what had happen to me and my family the past few months has been hard but god has showed us the way.

Jennifer
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011

Post #8495395

Charleen I want to say thank you so much for the gifts.

I received a homemade horse and humming bird, easter eggs that is very nice I love it, Gray hummingbird, Bamboo windchime, pose petal candle, plasitc duck with two pairs of earrings that are homemade and are very nice also, Rubberband ball which I already lost my son took it from me lol. Seeds- buttercup squash, sunflower- autumn beauty, coleus, chinese forget me not, and Cactus.

There is two items that are missing from the picture and that was two Reese's cups that I had to eat lol it was so good lol.

Thanks so much
Jennifer

Thumbnail by JenniferShipway

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2011
12:16 PM

Post #8495397

Yes Jennifer and God has always taken care of me.
This is the picture of your gift.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8495404

Patti,

Thank you for your gifts.
I had got a welcome sign that I am going to keep for my new house, Garden rock that says to plant a garden is to believe in the future. Plant twist ties, water crystals, green/yellow with pot, plant roots, humming bird wildflower seed mix, and Fragrant wildflower mix.

Thanks so much
Jennifer

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 14, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8495407

Jennifer, This is the bloom of one of the plants

Thumbnail by dahtzu

JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8495411

dahtzu wrote:Yes Jennifer and God has always taken care of me.
This is the picture of your gift.

Thank you so much for that picture and I am waring your earrings now and love them. The little box is so cute my daughter is wanting it lol.

Jennifer
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 14, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8495416

Chris,

Thank you for your gifts.
I got a multipurpose baset which I am using now and is very helpful.
Black cherry Candle it smells so good.
Parsley herb kit which I am going to do soon
Window hummingbird feeder- I never seen one that you can put on the window my kids is going to watch the hummingbirdes
4 Branch hooks
trees shurbs and roses book
lawn ground covers and vines book
Landscaping and outdoor living book

Thank you so much
Jennifer

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 14, 2011
1:17 PM

Post #8495551

Black cherry candle... That does sound like it would smell yummy! Enjoy the fragrance for me, too, Jennifer! And congrats for the coming little one :)
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
1:30 PM

Post #8495582

Jennifer ... that is a Charley the Wonder Mule head. LOL The roots I sent are for Iris. I don't know what color they are, I dug some up to thin them, you will have to let me know.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8495684

Another great B-Day package came today from you, Chris.

It included a pretty B-Day card, 3 gardening books, a pair of garden gloves, Poppy “Hens & Chicks” seeds -- these look like cool plants.
A large LIBERTY flag -- I have a very similar Garden Flag, same primitive look and colors so now I have a set for 4th of July.
Another large “Bell with Ivey” flag, and a 3-pack of Garden flags. I'm in Flag heaven…lol
And if that wasn’t enough, a set of garden tools and a kneeling pad.

You ladies are far outdoing yourselves on my behalf. Don’t know what I ever did to deserve such precious friends, and am thankful to have every one of you in my life.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
4:30 PM

Post #8495944

Very nice boxes you girls are getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2011
6:33 PM

Post #8496256

Jennifer, I'm glad that candle made it in one piece..I'm always scared to send glass through the mail :) You'll love that candle! I've been buying from Liz for about 4 years now..she lives in TX and they've done candles for over 20 years, I think. That one candle will scent up a HUGE room :)

Fruity, you are loved by a lot of people.. You get what you give in life..and you've shown us how much YOU care ..love you, Lady! I'm glad you liked everything :)

OH.. and congratulations Jennifer..how exciting!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 14, 2011
7:41 PM

Post #8496547

You're so sweet, Chris, and ya know I love you back! Can't wait til a bunch of us get together at the Round-Up. Now that's gonna be one big hen party...lol

Congrats too on your little one, Jen. How far are you along?

JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 15, 2011
12:35 PM

Post #8497976

FruitOfTheVine wrote:You're so sweet, Chris, and ya know I love you back! Can't wait til a bunch of us get together at the Round-Up. Now that's gonna be one big hen party...lol

Congrats too on your little one, Jen. How far are you along?

I am due Dec 15

Jennifer
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2011
5:20 PM

Post #8498588

Take care of yourself, Jen. It sounds like you'll have plenty of time to get your new gardens going.

Paua, thank you so much for my goodies that came today.
The Begonias and Elkhorn & Staghorn ferns were sides trades from our Houseplants / Tropicals swap, right?

Anyway, here’s a not-so-great pic I took this morning before we went to go buy a new riding lawn mower. Our old one was about 14 years old and it finally bit the dust, but we sure did get our money’s worth out of it.

My gifts included a canvas Welcome banner with a pretty garden scene (fits over the glass in our front door perfectly), a Perennials book (yes!), a Bougainvillea with bright pink blooms & variegated foliage (love it!), and a hilarious felt Frog beanie hat. You should have seen the look on DH’s face when I came out wearing it laughing like a silly nilly. He just shook his head, and said you should have sent me a Dunce Cap…LOL!

Hey, Chris, just for kicks I'm gonna bring the Froggie hat to the RU.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 15, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8498815

Hi all.
Looks like I've found homes for my cannas :) I'm thinking of keeping one to grow so I can get some pictures. Thought we had taken pics of them, but if we did, don't know where they are.
Hey, Fruity, we have a pig hat that my husband got from somewhere. When I was working with kids, it was great to wear when we had "crazy hat" events! The frog hat sounds fun :)
Jennifer, do you plan on finding out ahead of time if it's going to be a boy or a girl, or are you going to wait and be surprised?
Michelle
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 15, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8498848

aw, Fruity,...is the bougie as bad as it looks? It was beautiful when I put it in there. It looks like it is shriveled up. I'm so sorry!! There were several other things I wanted to send also (for the Trop swap) but I couldn't fit them in the box. I will send them later.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 15, 2011
7:53 PM

Post #8498968

Not at all...my pic was playing shadows from the sun. The Bougie arrived ultra healthy and still had a bloom...that's how I knew what color it was.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 15, 2011
9:55 PM

Post #8499092

GardenQuail, can't wait until you upload pics of your flowers and garden, that you take care of, one day, will be awesome to see.
GAgirl1066, 98% of plants shipped in the mail will arrive looking very unhappy, but as long as those plants are put into moist soil and kept in bright "shade" for about 3 to 7 days after they were received they should start to 'perk-up' and start feeling good again :]

FruitOfTheVine, awesome and fun gifts you have received. Boy, are you loved :]

--Christina.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 16, 2011
7:58 AM

Post #8499662

She sure is. Fruity has a fan club here...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2011
2:24 PM

Post #8500320

Beautiful Iris, Char.

Happy Birthday, sissy70, and many more. I know sometimes you check in here. We miss you and hope you're doing well.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 16, 2011
2:25 PM

Post #8500321

happy B'day Sissy and good luck in all you do. Have a great one...Hugs and Nuzzles from Charley, the mule.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2011
2:47 PM

Post #8500365

Faye, did the storms and tornado watches miss you? Check in when you can.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2011
3:33 PM

Post #8500429

Happy Birthday Sissy!!! Stop in and say "Hey"...
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 16, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8500615

Hi all, Storm is now over, I hope. We had lots of hard wind, heavy rain and marble size hail. No damage done here that I know of.
Char that is a beautiful Iris and the pottery next to it too.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8500639

Thank goodness. It scared me when I saw the red warning box on the weather so close to you. We just had rain, heavy at times, and strong wind gusts that have finally laid down. Earlier today my flags were flapping in the breeze and my chimes were singing to beat the band.

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

April 16, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8500737

will be getting the next april B. out in few days sorry late// blessings all.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 16, 2011
6:46 PM

Post #8500776

Hi, all.
Glad to hear that those of you near all the storms are all right :)
Wow, marble-sized hail! I sure wouldn't want to get hit by that... nor my plants! I've heard pea-sized hail falling, but marble-sized hail would be something else! And it would be quite an experience to feel hail of that size lying on the ground... Bet it would be hard to walk on!
Christina, it will definitely be neat to share my pics with you all. Hope to do it soon!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8501400

We had buckets of rain for a day and all night. I think my yard qualifies as a swamp now even though we are on top of a hill. Messy!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 17, 2011
8:19 PM

Post #8503158

Am so sorry to hear about the Tornados that hit NC. I wish the Tornado crap would let-up, it's too excessive.
We've been bone-dry here for several, several months in south Florida. Wish we could take some of the rain that you all get too much of. It's not that it does'nt rain hard here, just not frequently enough or long enough (although June and July seems to get rain heavy and every other day).
Oh and I truly feel for those who get hail (especially marble or golf-ball sized hail), it ruins so many things such as cars and plants. My thoughts are with those who go through all of that!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 17, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8503169

We were lucky that we were between the 2 bad cells, so didn't get anything at my house. But we only got 1/4" of rain too. That's bad. We are in drought and wild fires run amuck! Have another chance tomorrow. Hope we get some good. The grass in my pasture is just setting there. No growing going on.

Please put my husband and I in your prayers. BIG prayers, please. Thanks to everyone!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 17, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8503194

Crit, you and your Husband are in my prayers and thoughts.
You know what it's like to get little rain like we do, in the winter and spring months.
Sometimes we get fires here so many times during those months I don't know how the Firemen deal with it. Maybe I'll do a little 'Rain Dance' and send it your way! LoL! Except my neighbors would then think I "completely" 'lost it'.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8504897

((((Hugs, Patti))))) Love is strong, and I have faith you and your hubby will make it through the obstacle you're facing. Ya know I love you, Girlie!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 18, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8505363

Thanks so much Fruity and Christina!!!! Much appreciated!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 19, 2011
12:32 PM

Post #8506735

Di - you should be recieving a box from me on thursday. So keep your peepers open! =P

Erin
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 19, 2011
12:43 PM

Post #8506750

Di,
Did you receive your box from me? Should have gotten it Wed. or Thurs.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2011
1:24 PM

Post #8506817

Di ready to mail if canget out tomorrow have not been able to leave house in 4 days now and others to. can't geton much computer has about had it smells like its hot to ..

blessings everyone, take care.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8507224

Hi, all.
Patti, I'll be praying for you and your husband, too. And for those hit by storms as they sort everything out. Also heard on the radio this morning that there are wildfires all over Texas. Will be keeping them in my prayers, too.
On a much lighter note...
My dahlias have sent up their first shoots! Planted them for the first time this year, so I'm looking forward to watching them grow and flower.
Oh, did I tell you all that I get to go to the Heritage Rose Gardens after all? (You may recall from a previous thread that We weren't sure if our outing was going to be to this rose garden or another one in the area.) But there's a chance of rain that morning, so I'm hoping it all works out.
Take care, everyone!
Michelle

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 19, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8507227

Been thinking about you Crit, you and your husband are in my prayers.

I am finally starting to dig myself out of my deep hole and get back into our b'days. I sent Chris hers today, and have Maggie's and Fruity's almost ready. Hope to get them out tomorrow. I knew I would be in no mood to DG when mom's kitchen burned, but now I am reading everything as an escape from my realities!

We also need rain desperately, didn't put in my big garden this year because of teh drought, I have everything behind the house which is exciting with all the dogs!

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8507472

Thank you everyone. Please keep remembering us!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 19, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8507511

Joy, take your time, it is very understandable. Anyone who is going through something tough or did go through something tough, should'nt feel rushed or feel lots of pressure with things.

Hug to ya Crit. Hope very much things start going better soon.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8507530

Thanks Christina ... and everyone else praying for us!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 19, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8507682

I know it's been a whale of a ride, Joy, having your Mom live with you the past few weeks, on top of all the farm responsibilities you already have. No hurry on my account and you know I'll be happy with a card :) We have plans the week-end you're going to be back in Virginia in June, and will really miss seeing you again.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8508289

Joy I am emailing you some of the 4 inches of rain we got the last few days. :0) Wish it was that easy. Keep hangin' my friend.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 20, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8509260

Hello everyone.
Joy and Crit, my heart goes out to both of you. Wish there was someway I could be of help. Will keep praying and you just know, God is still in the miracle business.

Wish you all could see my yard now. I think it's so pretty when everything is just about to.. Just love the Iris, I even have peeping Iris...don't believe me!!! well look at the picture. They were not planted on this side of the fence.
Love & hugs.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 20, 2011
1:55 PM

Post #8509263

This closer view will prove it!

Thumbnail by dahtzu

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 20, 2011
1:57 PM

Post #8509268

This beauty is where I planted her but wish she was with the others. Also have yellow beginning to bloom. Just love these Iris.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2011
2:50 PM

Post #8509348

Plants can be excellent escape artists, huh?
Oh that Iris is pretty as a Peach, Faye.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8509456

Love those irises Faye. Mine are coming up in droves, but we usually don't have blooms until Mother's Day.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 20, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8509475

Joy, I know things have been crazy for you.. thank you in advance for thinking of me and sending something my way. :)

Crit, I'm adding my prayers to all the others heading your way..

Hugs to everyone
Chris
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 20, 2011
6:38 PM

Post #8509856

Thank you Chris and Faye.

LOL @ Faye and her peeping iris. They were just so beautiful they wanted to get out where others could see them too. I love the peach colored one also!

Could you add a little prayer for some rain for us in addition to my other request?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 20, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8510095

Oh Faye, will you send me some of the peach or yellow iris next time you divide them? I have fallen in love with irises after I got a couple last year for my b'day.
I got three boxes off today, Susan, Maggie and one of my swap boxes. Maybe next week I will get the other April girls.
I am so covered up making cheese right now, I am turning almost 3 gallons every day. My little cheese cave is almost full of cheddars, colbys and jacks. Tomorrow I should get my cultures to make swiss. DH is excited.
My Westerland is showing off.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 21, 2011
1:00 AM

Post #8510372

Hi, all.
Joy, all those cheeses sound delicious! I've never made cheese before. What all do you need to do to make them?
Faye, are any of your irises fragrant? We have some purple scented iris in bloom in our garden at the Blind Center, but mine aren't ready to bloom yet. Not sure if they will this year, but hoping so. Then I'll have to get them transplanted (been needing it a long time). And we have some that were already planted here when we moved here, but we've forgotten what color they are. Awaiting their blooming to find out! (Pity they aren't fragrant...)
Rain's added to the prayer list for those who want it :)
Well, must go for now. Take care, all!
Michelle
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 21, 2011
5:58 AM

Post #8510626

Hello,

I would like to say that this group of you all are very nice you are nothing like the other groups on here. Some people on here don't care what they say to each other. You try to do what you think is right and in the return you get shitted on. I had enjoyed putting all the ones that had birthday gifts together and reading that each of you enjoyed. I also am thankful for all the gifts that I have got from you guys. It justs seems that there is people out there that don't understand or they don't care. I was doing other swaps and it just seems like people are not happy for what they get. For me I am happy just getting a birthday Card it tells me that you care. For all of you know I have been through a lot with the move which I thought I was done with. Since where I am at just has two bedrooms and the State says that I have to have 3 or more so that means that I have to move again. This time I have found a 5 bedroom house so I will be good for a very long time. I hate moving. It has lots of room for the kids to play and has a very big yard. For my garden I am able to keep it where it is now. I will like to have raised beds at the new place. Again I want to say thank you all for being so nice. This world needs more nice people.

Jennifer
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2011
6:37 AM

Post #8510728

Jennifer I know exactly what you mean. You poor dear you have been through more than anyone needs to go through. Take care of yourself and please know that we are all thinking of you. I myself have stepped back from all the swaps but this one for now. Just too much going on and it's no fun when people don't play nice. Wish you could be here right now looking out my window at a hummingbird and my freshly mown grass. :0)
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 21, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8510733

rvnsbrk wrote:Jennifer I know exactly what you mean. You poor dear you have been through more than anyone needs to go through. Take care of yourself and please know that we are all thinking of you. I myself have stepped back from all the swaps but this one for now. Just too much going on and it's no fun when people don't play nice. Wish you could be here right now looking out my window at a hummingbird and my freshly mown grass. :0)

Thank you and yes I have hummingbirds to they are all the time flighting over the feeder lol. I will say they get rough from time to time.

Jennifer
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 21, 2011
10:14 AM

Post #8511162

We are always here for each other. Thank you for saying it so eliquantly Jennifer!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
10:22 AM

Post #8511179

Hey everyone, my younger brother had a really bad stroke at the end of last week. I've been MIA due to helping with his daughter and wife and staying at the hospital for news. My niece turned 10 the day after he went into the hospital and I've been keeping her with me so my SIL can visit as much as she can. DH and I are off to do yard work for them when he gets home tonight before yet more rain comes our way. I'm really sorry about being so late with pictures. I tried a few times to get on the computer but something seems to happen that I have to get off right away - a few nights ago DH found me asleep at my desk! So I will try to get everything on here today before he gets home and we have to leave.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
10:28 AM

Post #8511195

This is what I received from Crit/Patti:

a roll of twist tie -I go through like hotcakes
a pretty pink planter
misting bottle
crystals - I can always use more of these
2 packets of seeds
a cute garden flag with a ladybug
a garden rock with ladybugs on it that I'm going to put beneath my ladybug house
a metal Welcome sign that DH hung by my back door last night

Thanks so much, Crit!

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
10:45 AM

Post #8511226

Next is my package from Chris/Clan Campbell:

A can of twine - YAY! My twine is just about out so this is great.
a really nice cedar wren house - I love birdhouses like this, it's in my crabapple tree already.
And last but not least, a be-yoo-tiful copper tealight holder in the shape of a butterfly - boy, this is pretty! It's kind of hard to tell in the picture but it really is very, very pretty and it will go perfectly with all our garden art. I have a great spot that's well protected for it.

Thank you, Chris!

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8511257

This is what I received from Paula/GAgirl1066:

breathable garden gloves with plastic on the underside - thank you!
a super cute watering can stake that is already in the perfect pot where it looks great
a weekly planner that's magnetic on the back and is already on my fridge
the sweetest card
red lantana - not shown because DD planted it for me already
Beeskep salt and pepper shakers and a beeskep honey pot - Paula, where in the world did you find these? They're adorable!!!!!! I love beeskep items more than anything but they are so hard to find so it's a real treat to receive these. Thank you SOSOSO much!

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
11:27 AM

Post #8511286

While I was posting Paula's gift Speedy rang the doorbell and gave me a box from Erin. I'll show hers as well today:

This a dragonfly windchime - I had to hang it on DH's chair because I couldn't reach the hook :), Erin, this is so cute! I love dragonflies - we have them all over our pond in the back. I could sit there for hours and watch them darting back and forth with their wings shimmering in the sun. I'm going to hang this off my greenhouse on the side next to the pond - thank you!
Erin also sent me some yellow coneflower 'Herbstonne' rudbeckia that was on my want list - I'm so glad to have some of this - yay! and she sent me a pretty tea towel covered in butterflies. Thanks so much, Erin :-)

Thumbnail by janaestone

janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
11:32 AM

Post #8511299

Michelle/GardenQuail sent me a packet of seeds and the neatest braille card. I have never received a card like this, Michelle, I love how it's done! The seeds are already spread and I can't wait to see what pops up.

Also, Neener sent me a beautiful handmade bookmark card with her gifts that I didn't mention earlier and meant to because it's just so pretty and I love how you made it. It is now in the latest book I'm reading. :)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8512107

Di, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother..hope everything turns out ok for him! I'm glad you liked the things I picked out for you.. I thought that twine can was really cool, so hope it helps you in the garden :)

Jennifer, it's so sad that people can't be kind to each other more.. makes me wonder what they're like in real life! But we're lucky to have a great group of friends in this swap and I love it :)

Hugs to all
Chris
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 21, 2011
5:52 PM

Post #8512135

I am in love with that card that Paula sent you. Beautiful. I would have sent you a bigger piece of the coneflower but it didn't want to come out. lol.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 21, 2011
6:44 PM

Post #8512278

Beeeautiful gifts you received Di. I hope your Brother is doing alright. And I hope you get more sleep soon.

Jennifer I'm so sorry you are having to move so often. Hope you don't get too too stressed out. Take things easy when ya can.

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 21, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8512303

Hey everyone. So good to see so many here. Michelle I really don't know if my Iris are fragrant..goodness, that's strange, I hadn't noticed but will check them out tomorrow. Joy, I will be glad to share with you when it multiplies. Got it last year and the name disappeared from the marker..as most all the other plants too. I do not know what to use to insure having the names stay.
Great B day gifts here and I'm happy for each of you.
Di, I am adding you, your family and your brother to my prayer list.
Hope all your tomorrows will be filled with good things.
Love & Hugs
Faye
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
9:58 PM

Post #8512679

Thank you, Faye...and everyone else, too, that has sent good thoughts and prayers my brother's way. He really needs them right now. Things are easing up some, the initial scare is over and he will be in the hospital at least another two weeks in the rehab dept but it's where he needs to be right now and I'm glad my SIL is always there to be with him - she's head of the IT dept there so it makes it a bit easier on her.

Chris, I had a can of twine like yours a long time ago but it didn't have the cutter thing on it. I have maybe a foot left on the roll that I was being stingy about so your can came right on time!

Erin, I really love that rudbeckia you sent - I've been wanting some of that variety for some time. You sent plenty! I have it already planted and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Jennifer, wow, I am so sorry to hear you have to move again but glad to hear about the baby. And you're so right - it's a shame people can't be a bit more kind to each other. I love being here on DG because of all the great people I've met during the time I've been here.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 21, 2011
9:59 PM

Post #8512682

And while I'm here in the middle of the night, let me be the first to say...Happy Birthday, Jennifer!!!! And many, many more!!!!

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 21, 2011
11:58 PM

Post #8512766

Happy Happy Birthday Jennifer!! :]

Hope your day turns out well. Treat yourself good :]

Hugs,
Christina.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 22, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8512829

Happy Birthday, Jennifer!!! Have a wonderful day!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
3:24 AM

Post #8512839

Happy Happy Birthday Jennifer!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 22, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8512888

Happy Birthday Jennifer!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8513120

Happy Birthday, Jennifer! May this be the year you find "your spot" in life.

(((Di)))

It's Earth Day and am gonna be diggin it.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 22, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8513362

LOL Fruity!!
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 22, 2011
9:40 AM

Post #8513418

Thank you all. Thank you I am excited for the little one that is on it way. I will say this will be my last move for a very long time. God has his plans for my family.

Jennifer

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 22, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8513545

Happy birthday dear girl and lots more...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011

Post #8513581

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Happy Birthday, Jennifer! May this be the year you find "your spot" in life.

(((Di)))

It's Earth Day and am gonna be diggin it.

Wish I was diggin' it. :)) Woke up this morning, after 2 strenuous days using a leaf blower and a rake, to a brutal spasm in my neck and shoulder. I'm spaced out on muscle relaxers and anti inflammatories right now.. Woo Hoo..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8513820

Durn, Neener, take it easy. Ya know Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mother Nature had different plans and didn't get to dig it as much as I wanted to.

My birthday box from you, Joy, came today. Had to scurry around taking pics as rain drops had started coming in through the back porch screens.

Let's start with the pretty card with a Bee on a Flower, a note inside that matches Joy’s zany personality and included ROFLMAO! Gifts included a pound of Gulf Coast Blend Coffee (Joy, and a few others here know I'm a coffee addict), a neat wooden Sunflower memo pad and pencil already hung in my kitchen, and two jars of homemade jam. One is Fig Wine and the other according according to the note is a mystery. It tastes like Blueberry Napalm. And now I have a cool Visor with “bling” – Joy I can’t believe you remembered this!

Be right back with the other two goodies…

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8513821

Check out the artsy hummingbird feeder, it’s metal and is welded to encase the glass globe. It would have been filled but am out of sugar.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8513823

And last but not least, a copper tubular wind chime with Sand Dollars.

Love everything and you too, Girlie. Sorry I'm gonna miss seeing you in June.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 22, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8513862

I am so glad you got the box intact! I was worried about the hummingbird feeder. I have had that visor for months, it is probably quite dusty.
I figured the jam was BB, but had no idea if it was a napalm or just normal. Glad you were teh guinea pig since you love the stuff. I only have a couple jars left, all unlabeled of course, duh, and really would rather send good jam and make more for me later.
I am going to miss seeing you too! Poor Neener will have to work twice as hard filling both sets of shoes. Was there a plant in there from our tropical swap? Did it make it ok? Or did it go home to someone else? Arrrggggh! Did I include a brain in there because I surely didn't leave it in my head.

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
5:30 PM

Post #8514019

Lovely HB feeder!!!!! And nice box too!

I saw my first hummer today. I know they have been around because the nectar is going down, and it doesn't evaporate from the ones I use very fast. Going to have to get the rest of them put up this weekend. YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!! My little buddies are back!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8514178

The Chenille Plant and Pink Christmas Cactus arrived in great shape, Joy, and posted about them on the other thread. There was definitely a slight afterburn when I tasted the Blueberry jam, not too hot but just enough to get my attention.

For you that have never had an opportunity to taste Joy's jams, she's famous for lacing them with jalapeno peppers, and as crazy as that sounds, they're delicious slathered on ham or pork chops the last few minutes either in the oven or on the grill.

Are your hummers Ruby Red Throated, Patti? I thought being that far West you might have Rufous year-round. We only have Ruby Throated from April to September or October. They're far by hubby's favorite birds, amazing the journey they take every year and are able to hone in on our feeders.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 22, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8514245

I don't think we get any Rufus around here. This one took me by such surprize I didn't really get a good look at it. I was hoping to get into the house and see it go back to the feeder it was eyeing, but didn't see it again. All I have seen or been able to identify are the Ruby-Throated. I love them too!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 23, 2011
1:11 AM

Post #8514598

Hi, all.
Been wanting to check in all day... finally got a chance!
Jennifer, sure wish I could help you with that move. I know moving's a lot of work, and it's not my favorite thing, either. Here's to a better year, and to a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Did you get the card I sent? Hoping it made it, but if not yet, it should be there soon. It's possible it got delayed with all the tax mail the post office is dealing with.
Di, I'll also be keeping you and your brother in my prayers. Glad you like the card, and have fun with those seeds! Got some for me to try, too :)
Our trip to the rose garden was very nice. The rain finished late night/early morning, so by the time we headed out, it was all done. Was a bit on the cool side with the wind blowing, but it was nice and warm in the sun :) And the roses smelled wonderful--so many different fragrances! And, all different colors, sizes, and shapes, too. Wish I could remember all their names, but sadly, I don't. We found one that smelled like apples to me, but it wasn't the one our speaker/guide originally told us about. She tried to find the one she told us about, but we couldn't find it. Even so, I still really enjoyed our time there. And I only saw a small part of the garden. There's so much more to explore!
Michelle
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

April 23, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8515439

Hi! I got my box from Joy.. all I can say is that it was MORE than worth the wait :) My camera is in the shop, so I may have to take a pic with my phone.. not the best but it's all I have at the moment :)

Be back later with pics of all the goodies! Thank you Joy!!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 23, 2011
2:06 PM

Post #8515727

I am so glad to hear you got your box, I sent out 5 this week and you are only the second one to respond. I worry about all the plants I shipped, even though I try and go to great lengths to keep them healthy even if they sit around.

Joy
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 23, 2011

Post #8516354

Hey everyone...Susan wonderful gifts! Don't you just love getting gifts after the party is over?
Merrymath did you get a gift from me? It was mailed Tuesday.
Happy Easter to all you dear friends.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 23, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8516437

Mary was going to be out of town from (I believe) the 20th to the 30th.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8517342

Jennifer i have yours and Merry ready but will mail soon as get money. i got One mailed Friday but more i thought so these to will be in few days forgive me..

Thinking of everyone.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 24, 2011
1:15 PM

Post #8517739

i still have to get Merry's ready, then will mail it.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8517825

I have had hers ready since I mailed out the others, but was waiting till she came back from her trip to mail it.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8518140

O boy did I goof. May have to make replacements. Hope you all had a good day and will have a better tomorrow.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 24, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8518336

Thank you Faye. Blessings to you
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 24, 2011
6:34 PM

Post #8518398

Right back at you Crit.
Hugs
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 25, 2011
2:49 AM

Post #8518826

Hi, all.
Hope you all had a nice Easter :)
I'm also waiting until later this week to mail Mary's so it won't arrive until after the 30th. Figure I'll mail hers when I send cards out to our May birthday ladies :)
Michelle
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 25, 2011
5:59 PM

Post #8520284

This message is short, but I'm writing it while I can...the last 3 days I haven't been able to get on here due to some type of error. Pain in my rear! I want to thank Joy for my wonderful birthday gifts. I took pictures and will post with description ASAP. I'm posting from my phone at the moment. Again, thank you so much, Joy!!!!!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 26, 2011
12:38 PM

Post #8521934

FOTV- I was looking through the plants that gave me in trade last year and all look good but phlox becky towe. =( I don't see it anywhere. I can't believe that my birthday is here already (next friday). These last couple of months flew by. I am trying to get a raised garden going. I guess I gotta get to lowes and get some materials sometime soon. I have a box coming from pagardener and a lady on ebay. I'll have them come around my bday so my hubby don't flip out. lol. =)

Erin
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 26, 2011
12:54 PM

Post #8521964

Hi, all.
I was just looking through the list of current birthday club members (originally checking to be sure I correctly remembered when Mary's birthday is). I noticed that sherman99 isn't listed there anymore, but I don't remember her saying she was leaving. Did I misremember?
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 26, 2011
3:19 PM

Post #8522270

No Michelle you didn't misremember. Sherman asked me to quietly remove her for financial reasons. She didn't want anyone to make a big deal about it.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 27, 2011
12:59 AM

Post #8523378

Thanks, Neener.
Karen, if you're still following this thread, I'm sure we all hope you return when you're able to.
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2011
7:49 AM

Post #8523867

I have this yellow Iris She gave me last year and it bloomed...Has a tag on it says, Sherman99, b'day...
Hugs girl. We will remember you...

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8524051

Sweet Char.. That looks like a pretty one.

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 27, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8524130

I know how Sherman99 feels. I've been trying to sell my photo and art prints/artwork and have not had any sales in 3 months! Around Christmas time was'nt too bad though. I haven't driven any where to get new photos in a long time, literally can't afford the gas.

Has JenniferShipway moved out of her house yet? I shipped an art print to her address that was listed, about a week ago. Hope she likes Rose images :]

GardenQuail, I have two Rose bushes in my backyard, I think they are Tea Roses, the lavender/pink one has a sweet scent to it but the one with yellow rose flowers barely has no scent at all. Strange how that is.
Glad you got to go to the Rose garden. Wish we had one of those near here :]

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

April 27, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8524139

I wish you all could smell my old roses that are blooming. they were here when we got here that is why I call them old. But the scent is heavenly.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2011
2:15 PM

Post #8524554

When is/was Karen's birthday?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2011
3:05 PM

Post #8524656

Becky Towe bit the dust here too, Erin. Look at the Blue Columbine you gave me. The blooms are just starting to fill out nicely.

In case I don't get on in the morning before I leave for "girls week-end", Happiest of Birthdays, Mary! Hope you've been having a wonderful time with your family.

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8524662

Lowe's had so many things I wanted but I didn't have enough money for. =( Had to take my 4 yr old daughter to get blood drawn and xrays. Nothing serious just for the Gastroenterologist. To see whats going on with her tummy. Getting dinner ready a little late.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 27, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8524824

Hope she feels better soon Erin.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 27, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8524906

wow, FOTV that looks great. I dug some more columbine up from my Grandmas house on easter. They have set seed so much she has over 40 plants! lol. I dug 10 for myself. Another line of severe storms are coming in the area. So, I guess that means no sleep for me again. Max (3yrs), my son is afraid of thunder and lightning. Anna slept right through the storm lastnight. Gotta get the dishes done.

Erin
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 27, 2011
8:15 PM

Post #8525342

Hi, all!
Patti, Karen's birthday is December 3.
The roses, iris, and columbine all sound lovely! Wish I could come by to smell the roses :) Fortunately, the roses in my yard are in bloom or just starting to bloom (depending on which bush). And I'm thankful that they both have a lovely scent.
Am considering growing a little columbine at some point. Need to figure out where first :)
Sure know the feeling of wanting to buy more than I can afford! That and wanting to get more plants than I have space for! But it sure is fun watching it all grow :)
Well, stay safe with the storms coming through.
Back to getting some reading done for a book club tomorrow.
Michelle
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8525677

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!! Hope your having a great day! I'll be sending out your package on or after the 30th. =)

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8525680

My DH keeps asking me where I am going to put all the plants and bulbs I am getting/trading. lol I told him we have LOTS of yard. I'm thinking the WHOLE yard, he is thinking just the BACK yard.

Erin... if g'ma has more columbine than she knows what to do with ... I'm just sayin' :-)

Prayers are out for all our friends to the east that they are all safe and didn't suffer any from the traumatic weather that was that way.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8525683

I've had your box ready Mary... just waiting on you to get home so I can mail it! HAPPY BIRTHDAY
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8525696

Sounds good Crit! =)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8525699

I heard that atleast 2 tornadoes touched down in our county lastnight/early this morning. I hope everyone is alright. This weather has been too crazy. I just want some sun. =) Hope everyone is safe.

Erin
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8525722

I have the stuff for your box too Erin. Just need to get it all put together and take it to the P.O. when I take Mary's. May birthday's are the BESTEST!!!! :-)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
4:58 AM

Post #8525723

Sure are Crit =D Getting yours together too. ;)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2011
5:42 AM

Post #8525814

Happy Birthday Mary!!!

It is storming and raining cats, dogs and alligators here. What a mess. Like you Erin, I am ready for some "normal" weather and the sun. Between the tornado warnings and the flash flood warnings I can't keep up with whether I should be running for cover or building a boat. :))
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

April 28, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8525974

Happy Birthday, Mary!!! Wherever you are with your daughter's right now is going to make it good, no matter what. Hope you're having fun and that you have a wonderful day today!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

April 28, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8526433

Happy Birthday Mary!

Drove through some horrible downpours this morning, but of course none reached where I live...boo!! We need rain so badly here! It is thundering in the distance, so maybe...
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 28, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8526441

I'll send some down your way GA! lol. We have so much rain that it's not soaking in to the ground anymore. Kids love, I don't . =P

Erin
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

April 28, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8526476

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ! I goofed...again. Mailed your gift out to early but will gladly replace the plants that didn't last the time train.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

April 28, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8526915

SO glad to see you all on here. Still a few more friends east of me that I haven't seen on yet. I'm a worry wort...and the storms were so terrible!!!!!!!!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

April 28, 2011
10:30 PM

Post #8527684

Hi, all.
Mary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you've been having a wonderful visit :)
Neener, I suppose if you wanted to be extra careful, you could build the boat under cover! :)
I think just about everywhere around the country has had strange weather this spring. Stay safe everyone!
Michelle
JenniferShipway
Oakland, MD

April 29, 2011
7:05 PM

Post #8529348

LoveForests wrote:I know how Sherman99 feels. I've been trying to sell my photo and art prints/artwork and have not had any sales in 3 months! Around Christmas time was'nt too bad though. I haven't driven any where to get new photos in a long time, literally can't afford the gas.

Has JenniferShipway moved out of her house yet? I shipped an art print to her address that was listed, about a week ago. Hope she likes Rose images :]

GardenQuail, I have two Rose bushes in my backyard, I think they are Tea Roses, the lavender/pink one has a sweet scent to it but the one with yellow rose flowers barely has no scent at all. Strange how that is.
Glad you got to go to the Rose garden. Wish we had one of those near here :]

I am not moving until May 27. I will keep an eye out loveforests and yes I love roses images.

Jennifer

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 29, 2011

Post #8529362

This message was edited May 3, 2011 3:17 AM

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

April 29, 2011
10:27 PM

Post #8529551

This message was edited May 2, 2011 1:27 AM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
3:33 AM

Post #8533785

May birthdays I am hoping to get you going by tomorrow. Spent way too much time yesterday futzing with this ignorant printer of mine. Today should be under better control.. Yeah right. :))
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 2, 2011
1:21 PM

Post #8534980

When is Mary supposed to be home?

Erin, your present is going to be late - just wanted to let you know.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
3:39 PM

Post #8535240

Have any of you April and May gals cashed in your Bluestone Gift Certificates yet?
I'd love to know what you pick or if you're still in the "wish list" stage. Nosey, aren't I...lol

Mary, I hope you're back home safe and had an enjoyable trip. Really would like to know if you rec'd the box of plants you requested I sent to your daughter?

momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 2, 2011
3:49 PM

Post #8535249

FOTV- I am waiting until there clearance sale at the end of the month. THEN, I'll let you know what I pick! I'm eyeing the oriental poppies. Coral reef or princess victoria louise.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 2, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8535581

I ordered mine. Got in on the 50% off sale.

I ordered:

Pulmonaria Barfield-pink. Loves shade and clay. Just what I NEED. Group of 3
Thymus-Walkon - 3
Hosta Golden Tiara-1
Monarda- 3

Thanks again Fruity!!!!!!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8536243

Sadly our June birthday girl, Christina has to drop out. Times are tough for everyone, everywhere and if there was some fair way to turn this thing into sending a card only I would do it that way. I'd rather have the chats and the fellowship than keep losing people because of finances.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8536558

Went to pull out the hummingbird feeder and can't find the dang thing. I guess I should put that on my want list.

Erin
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
7:20 AM

Post #8536635

Shoot Erin. I guarantee that it will turn up when you don't need it anymore.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2011
7:26 AM

Post #8536646

I'm sure it will!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

May 3, 2011
12:33 PM

Post #8537213

I ordered mine on the 50% off sale as well, Fruity. I ordered 'Minuet' speedwell, 'Melton Fire' potentilla, and 'Dark Towers' penstemon - all groups of 3. I love all three types and have other varieties of each in my yard so I decided to go for it. :) All are planted and doing great right now. Thank you again!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 3, 2011
2:12 PM

Post #8537420

Hi, all.
Christina, you'll be missed... Hope you can return again soon!
Erin, I'm sure you put that hummingbird feeder somewhere safe... Don't you just hate it when you can't remember where that is!? Hope you find it soon :)
Take care, all.
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
2:14 PM

Post #8537426

Ladies from April that haven't posted pics yet of goodies rec'd please do so when you get a chance. Senders are checking to be sure that things have arrived and are appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 3, 2011
3:29 PM

Post #8537568

when I receive stuff I will let you all know . Rightnow my computer isn't allowing me to upload pictures. grrr.

Erin
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 3, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8537864

Hubby reminded me again today I need to make sugar water to fill our hummingbird feeders. If you're like me, Erin, you'll find your feeder just where you left it but forgot which bin or box you packed it in.

Di, Year before last I Winter Sowed Penstemon "Red Huskers" seeds. The clump is thriving and really hope it blooms this year. I have several Veronica's, love them, and they've spread nicely. Gotta check out Potentillas since I don't have any. Are they good candidates for full Sun?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
4:51 AM

Post #8538763

As far as I understood, just a birthday card is acceptable for this thread, if finances are a problem. I'm sorry Christina had to drop out. I would rather receive a card than have someone leave completely.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
5:02 AM

Post #8538777

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Hubby reminded me again today I need to make sugar water to fill our hummingbird feeders. If you're like me, Erin, you'll find your feeder just where you left it but forgot which bin or box you packed it in.

Di, Year before last I Winter Sowed Penstemon "Red Huskers" seeds. The clump is thriving and really hope it blooms this year. I have several Veronica's, love them, and they've spread nicely. Gotta check out Potentillas since I don't have any. Are they good candidates for full Sun?

Potentillas are great in full sun. They are really pretty and easy to grow. Go for it!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8538778

Crit wrote:As far as I understood, just a birthday card is acceptable for this thread, if finances are a problem. I'm sorry Christina had to drop out. I would rather receive a card than have someone leave completely.

My thoughts exactly Patti. I need to figure out a work around for this somehow...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8538781

Me too!! At least we know we are being thought about.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8539137

NOW friends... don't get me wrong ... I LOVE boxes of presents!!!!! :-) :-) :-) But if someone is in tight financial issues, rather than drop out, a card with a nice handwritten note is always delightful.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
9:17 AM

Post #8539158

Ladies I am going to Dmail Christina and Karen and invite them back telling them to just send a card. I never wanted this to be about gifts anyway, just friends sharing their lives with each other across the miles.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8539173

That is wonderful, I run out of ideas for gifts. Brain is gettin old...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
12:59 PM

Post #8539575

Charleen ... you can't do that until I get my Charlie head. :-)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2011
1:33 PM

Post #8539648

You will get it, Darlin. I got lots of mules to give out. I'm just so proud you want it.
Think everyone needs a mule. don't you??? ☺☺ (Jumpin fer joy!!!!!!!)
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 4, 2011
1:55 PM

Post #8539704

I received a beautiful box from Crit today! I would post a picture but my computer isn't cooperating! I did take a picture and it is stored on my memory card. When I can post a pic, I will. I received:

a beautiful welcome sign with flowers and a butterfly
2 large packs of flower seeds, fragrant and hummingbird mix
a wind sock that you stick in the ground, its in the garden and looks wonderful!
a pad to kneel on-great!
a water sprayer, that my son has already taken from me.
and a flower and butterfly windchime

also, a beautiful poem too.

Thank you so much Patti!! =D
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 4, 2011
2:09 PM

Post #8539732

You are quite welcome. Glad everything made it ok. I hadn't heard what the chimes sounded like, as they were taped when I bought it.

Not too sure about a 'beautiful' poem. lol I just set down at the computer and start typing, then you get what you get. :-) I'm glad you liked it.

Char ... I am soooooooo looking forward to my Charley head! I have a funny story to tell you. At the end of the easter basket exchange, I was the last one to get mine so I knew who it was from. I kept thinking ... oh boy, a charlie head!!!!! When it came and I unpacked all the wonderful things in there, there was no charlie head. I thought HUH...she ALWAYS sends a charlie head. I was so looking forward to it. Then it hit me... I realized the box wasn't from you but another DG'er. ☺

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 4, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8540076

You will get one, Did you tell me you loved purple???? Customized mule, you ask I'll try to make it. ☺
☺☺
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 4, 2011
5:39 PM

Post #8540200

Hi, all.
Erin, those all sound lovely. The butterflies and flowers windchime sounds very pretty :)
Have cards ready for Mary, Erin, and Patti. Just need to get them in the mail. Will let you know when they go out.
Hey, does anyone know if Mary is back? She was expecting to be, but I haven't seen any posts from her yet. Thinking I'll send her card anyway in hopes that she'll be back by the time it arrives at her place.
Oh, and Neener, can you start a new thread? Thanks!
Michelle

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 4, 2011
8:43 PM

Post #8540548

LoL, Crit, you are so funny, but so right... how could anyone resist a Charlie Head. Not only is Charlie adorable but the Charlie Heads that Ridesredmule makes are beautiful.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

May 4, 2011
10:20 PM

Post #8540657

Hi, all!
Christina, it's good to hear from you. Glad you stopped by! :)
Mary, Erin, and Patti, your cards are in the mail. And, as usual, they're signed by me and my guide dog :)
Michelle

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 4, 2011
10:39 PM

Post #8540666

Awwe, Thank you so much Michelle. Much appreciated. And ohhh, so cool, that your 'fur-baby' (guide-dog) signed the cards too :] How awesome!

I hope JenniferShipway is doing ok. She is probably busting her butt to get ready to move again. I hope she gets to take things easy soon. I think my art print never arrived to her and might of got lost in the mail :]
I'm so sorry Jennifer, so I just hope your Birthday was an enjoyable one and that you are doing ok.

-Christina.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

May 5, 2011
4:36 AM

Post #8540867

Yes Char... I love purple. Most any shade. Yea!!! I get a Charley head!

Thank you Michelle. I will watch for the card. I can't wait to see it. I have fur babies so I like that yours signs the card too.

Yes, I have Mary's box still setting here waiting for her. Maybe I will go ahead and mail it now.
momoftwo607
Nineveh, NY
(Zone 5a)

May 5, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8540875

I am going to wait until I see her post and know she's home. I'm sending plants and don't want them to die.

Crit- I forgot! I also received a solar butterfly stake! This is so funny cuz we have 1 butterfly and 2 dragonfly solar stakes already and we were getting ready to go buy another butterfly!! =D

Erin

LoveForests

LoveForests
FU
United States
(Zone 9b)

May 5, 2011
4:43 AM

Post #8540879

This message was edited May 5, 2011 7:12 AM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

May 5, 2011
5:14 AM

Post #8540918

Thanks for the nudge Michelle :0)

New Thread Ladies!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1178333/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1178333/

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

May 5, 2011
11:18 AM

Post #8541634

Crit, I got you one on a stick. Wait til you see it. I will take pic after I bake it. You all will get muleheads. Charley has so many folks that love him and I love you all for Loving him.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America